(Battlefront 2 spoilers) Why did it have to be this way??

Why on earth did the creators of Battlefront 2 decide that Iden Versio had to become a rebel?? A story about an Imperial trooper would have been so aswesome. Sure she would probably have died at the end but what is wrong with that? Lots of games have dying main characters and in Star Wars there are more than enough options for another character in Battlefront 3... I am very dissapointed with Iden and her story. I liked the missions with characters like Luke and Lando a lot though.

Replies

• Options
    66% sure this is the wrong forum. :/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

34% sure this is the right forum to complain about too many rebels
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I had the same exact thought... The premises were interesting and the perspective from an Empire soldier, not an evil Sith, could have been very interesting.

Unfortunately the solo campaign is super dull. And incomplete... What a huge disappointment.

Yet, there is this last minute reveal at the very end of the solo campaign. I’m not too sure what to do with it at the moment. Not exactly what I was expecting...
    Post edited by Globuhl on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

34% sure this is the right forum to complain about too many rebels

Haha
  • Options
    It was false advertising in my opinion. It said that you were playing from an imperial perspective but we got 3 missions of the empire. 3
  • Options
    It was false advertising in my opinion. It said that you were playing from an imperial perspective but we got 3 missions of the empire. 3

Exactly! I was so excited about playing an Empire story and I really thought it was one.
  • Options
    Joost wrote: »

Exactly! I was so excited about playing an Empire story and I really thought it was one.

I didn’t play it i just watched a livestream lol
  • Options
    If you want to play an Imperial that destroys the Rebels with no sudden changes of heart, Tie Fighter is your game.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    If you want to play an Imperial that destroys the Rebels with no sudden changes of heart, Tie Fighter is your game.

I will check it out, thanks!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I wanted even more genocide!

Seriously, what’s wrong with people?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

The same happened with The Force Unleashed when that came out. Darth Vader's secret apprentice hunting down jedi - ya only 3 missions of doing that too.
  • Options
    I agree. They easily could have followed her as one of the empire's less despicable characters, having her victories in areas that aren't tied to the empire's downfall, and even set her on missions to lay the groundwork of the first order.

The counterargument that there were good people on the death star type of thing. I too was very disappointed they went the whole rebel route.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah, I wanted even more genocide!

Seriously, what’s wrong with people?

It's a game fam. Chill out
  • Options
    Joost wrote: »
    Why on earth did the creators of Battlefront 2 decide that Iden Versio had to become a rebel?? A story about an Imperial trooper would have been so aswesome. Sure she would probably have died at the end but what is wrong with that? Lots of games have dying main characters and in Star Wars there are more than enough options for another character in Battlefront 3... I am very dissapointed with Iden and her story. I liked the missions with characters like Luke and Lando a lot though.

Maybe put this behind a spoiler button as well. I don't care since I won't be playing it but I'm sure others may stumble across it that will