Don't make a dark side TB

Warning: this is my opinion.

Don't make a dark side TB, in fact get rid of TB and make it into a raid. I like the idea of shared rewards for all based on GP, keep that, but get rid of TB. It might not be killing the game but it's not improving it.

You could make the raid a light side only raid, and similarly make a dark side raid only. Make a ships raid even. No more 3 or 6 day boring , monotonous, time sink, coordination heavy TBs please.

Replies

• Options
    TB definitely needs some work. But I disagree with what you're suggesting. I think they should make a dark side territory battle. My suggestions for TB would be:

1) Combine special and combat missions (aka, ALL missions have special rewards AND territory points), then reduce the total number of missions by 1/3.
    2) Remove platoon missions entirely.
  • Options
    Now hold on mr I'm so selfish!
    TB is wonderful for me. I can choose when to battle. I can wait for my kids to do their homework, get showered , eat dinner , do the house chores with the wife and watch some tv with her. Once she goes to bed around 11PM I can do my TB and GW. and believe me I'm not alone.
    Raids are a whole horse of another color. I can only register and hope for few carbantis to drop. No chance on hell I can participate because the timing is terrible for me. Wife lets me do arena battles but that's about it during the evening she will tolerate and honestly I don't blame her. This game has taken a huge time chunk from my life this past two years (and my wallet to some degree)
    So yes. Bring on dark side TB. keep regular TB. how about cancel raids ? You don't like that do you mr selfish ? But of course I won't ask that because others enjoy it.
    Respect others and you will be respected
    Optimus over and out
  • Options
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    TB is wonderful for me. I can choose when to battle. I can wait for my kids to do their homework, get showered , eat dinner , do the house chores with the wife and watch some tv with her. Once she goes to bed around 11PM I can do my TB and GW. and believe me I'm not alone.
    Raids are a whole horse of another color. I can only register and hope for few carbantis to drop. No chance on hell I can participate because the timing is terrible for me. Wife lets me do arena battles but that's about it during the evening she will tolerate and honestly I don't blame her. This game has taken a huge time chunk from my life this past two years (and my wallet to some degree)
    So yes. Bring on dark side TB. keep regular TB. how about cancel raids ? You don't like that do you mr selfish ? But of course I won't ask that because others enjoy it.
    Optimus over and out

See that's why I put the warning .. apparently im selfish.

I have a very similar problem as you, and I have 3 kids. I hate the fact that my arenas times are from 4-6 pm.

No where did I say make the raids last 10 minutes like rancor . I would agree make them take longer. Make it harder. Make it so it requires more participation.

• Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Optimus over and out

OP did say it was just their opinion. Don't think they were being disrespectful or selfish. But to be safe, OP, opinions aren't allowed unless this guy agrees with you.
  • Options
    Optimus over and out

Totally agree with Optimus 11. On the same page....
  • Options
    Couldn't disagree more with this post. After a few TBs the officers should have stock instructions for the guild so that it isn't necessary to micromanage as much. The coming officer tools should help with that.

And the first couple of days of TB can nearly be done on auto once you have a few good teams. It's only the last couple of days that require some time, and effort. Even then it's absolute max 4 missions, and one ship mission per day.

I would love to see elements of raids worked into TB. Our guild just did the ATST mission on phase 6 for the first time. That's kinda neat. Having more missions with powerful mini bosses that give a unique challenge instead of just 6 waves of random enemies would make them more engaging. Things like that (and officer tools, and better rewards) could improve the existing structure without just scraping a game mode.

As a little aside I think adding new pay only toons to platoons is a rotten idea that amounts to moving the goal posts to bleed money out of whales, and prevent mid spenders from ever reaching the top of TB. The whales had their advantage when Paploo and such were not farmable. Now everyone else is catching up. Let everyone have a chance to beat this map, and wait to add new pay toons to a new map. I support EA trying to make money, but that is overdoing it a bit, and it's making guildmates of mine very salty to have to pay hundreds to be able to accomplish what we were already doing.
  • Options
    I agree with the mini bosses. Much more engaging...you know.. like a raid.

As for officers with stock instructions. I've noticed that between 2-4 people are quitting every week. They are bored or frustrated with the time sink. I can't say that it's just because of TB, but it's a big factor. So you have to train new people weekly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options

As for officers with stock instructions. I've noticed that between 2-4 people are quitting every week. They are bored or frustrated with the time sink. I can't say that it's just because of TB, but it's a big factor. So you have to train new people weekly.

I don't think TB as a whole is why people are quitting. Making 2 to 2.5 year farms (like Mother Talzin, and Wicket), making such a narrow range of toons viable in arena, severely slanting everything towards light side/Rebels, adding the new gear wall without drastically easing lower level gear (holos, cuffs, guns, carbantis), stating their intention to add new $300 ships/toons to the existing TB map, and not giving us time saving QoL changes that people have begged for going on a year plus (ticket tracking, and mod management) are the reasons most people I have seen have quit.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

I don't think TB as a whole is why people are quitting. Making 2 to 2.5 year farms (like Mother Talzin, and Wicket), making such a narrow range of toons viable in arena, severely slanting everything towards light side/Rebels, adding the new gear wall without drastically easing lower level gear (holos, cuffs, guns, carbantis), stating their intention to add new $300 ships/toons to the existing TB map, and not giving us time saving QoL changes that people have begged for going on a year plus (ticket tracking, and mod management) are the reasons most people I have seen have quit.

This +1000.