A portion of feedback to TW

Anton23
143 posts Member
edited November 2017
At the begining I would like to say thanks a lot to devs who created such a wonderfull and interesting game mode! That was so fun and strategic to play TW, to plan defensive squads, to choose between weak and strong units to be placed on defense. And so with attack. The first run we had only 25 participants but it was very cool. P.S. we won the first TW. In the official version of the game (not beta) I am a part of a very cool guild and we will have 50 participants in TW (that will be an awesome experience).

I will divide my feedback into three parts: what things I and my test guild liked, what we disliked and what can be done to make TW better.

What we liked:
  1. phases and their duration. it's very cool that we have time to join the TW, 24 hours to set defense (which needs a lot of communication) and 24 hours to attack;
  2. officer commands, they are amazing;
  3. when someone attacks - it is highlighted who is attacking;
  4. minimum restrictions for units to take part in TB. and minimum restrictions to total banners count to be signed up into TW;
  5. new environments. WOW! they are amazing!
  6. that we cannot see enemie's contribution in defense until attack phase begins. so we can expect anything. and it's cool.
  7. no game crashes; I haven't heard from anyone about game crashes which happen during combats in TB;
  8. the game mode itself. it's very cool that we can use LS and DS toons and ships;

What we didn't like:
  1. when someone attacks and wins the last combat to clear the territory, the game hardly refreshes the map. We have to press back and reenter combat's map to see the changes. Something have to be done to automize map refresh when there are changes in the territories;
  2. squad combat 5 minutes timer. someone might put a timeout team (GK+Zarriss+other 3 tanks) and it may be impossible to win in 5 minutes. Such team won't be used in the arena, because it won't climb high there. So please increase timer to 7 minutes at least.

What can be made better:
  1. highlight territories which have order messages (do same thing in TB when it will be released);
  2. highlight ally team which is under attack;
  3. draw arrows on the map (our and enemie's) which territories will be opened by clearing particular territory;
  4. do not run TW between TB all the time. make TB to come out not more than 2 times per month. Between TB we have a relaxed time to seat together with a guild members and analyse out effort and think what can be done better. And prepare out rosters for the next run. When TW will always run between TB - we won't have a relax time, so we will be very tired with the game;
  5. list all players in banners statistics. so officers will see who joined TW and didn't do anything there
  6. (0 points) and please do it in TB stats;
  7. show all teams our guild used to attack (won and lost)
  8. please do something with the game chat to make communication better in the game.

In overall I would like to say thanks to devs, great work!
Post edited by Anton23 on

Replies

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good stuff @Anton23 i can see the "put all registered members at zero on stats board" is a popular reoccuring theme.

Along with many several other facets of your post.
  • Options
    After (almost) playing two Territory Wars, I would like to point out that although the experience was generally fun, I think many people are going to find TW frustrating due to the amount of coordination you need to make if you want to seriously win.

I am a leader of a guild with 41* in TB, but without doing any instructions for the first TW beta, I realized that I myself was rather burnt out by the experience.

After all, this is a mobile game, and a lot of our members started playing this game expecting it to be a casual experience. Some engagement is fun, but what we already have is enough, or is starting to become excessive.

With that said, if you want TW to work, I think there needs to be a more detailed guide or manual, since it is quite different from TB.

As a player from Japan, I would also like to address that nothing has been announced officially about TW to the Japanese players other than the fact that it is a work in progress.

Also, the starting time (3am) obviously doesn't work in our favor, and we've had enough of this with TB.