Purple Ability Mats

Hey guys not sure if I'm posting in the right section but here we go.

Possible to open a new way to farm them?

Replies

• Options
    I think you should be able to spend cantina energy to acquire purple mats. You can do it for the other two, so why not allow for the third?
  • Options
    Or... better drop rates at the end of Galactic War and Squad Cantina. If I'm very very lucky, I get 4 tops from GW. Usually I get 2. I can do nothing with 2 Tier 3 mats daily, unless I get lucky with a couple drops in Squad Cantina. Then I might have 4.. so I can upgrade 1 ability on a low level hero.
    yay.
  • Options
    +1

The more purple ability mats the better.
  • Options
    Higher purple drop rates and / or more places to acquire them would be nice. They are a pretty big bottleneck once you get past ability level 3 or so. Putting all ability upgrades on hold while you wait a couple days to upgrade one specific ability takes some of the fun out.
  • Options
    Yeah definitely. Especially for p2p waiting for lousy purps for weeks/month just to upgrade 1 toon is boring :(
  • Options
    I'd like to see an ability mat upgrade system
    E.g

10 green can convert to 1 blue
    10 blue convert to 1 purple

Alternatively just some locations where only green, blue or purple mats drop. From what I've seen so far it's all 3 and pot luck. I'd rather be able to focus farming those I need. (apologies if individual mat farming is already in the game - I haven't finished it yet)
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    E.g

I like this, though 7:1 or something might be a more friendly ratio while still keeping it challenging.
  • Options
    E.g

I like this, though 7:1 or something might be a more friendly ratio while still keeping it challenging.

Beautiful idea
  • zardOz
    66 posts Member
    Options
    E.g

Alternatively just some locations where only green, blue or purple mats drop. From what I've seen so far it's all 3 and pot luck. I'd rather be able to focus farming those I need. (apologies if individual mat farming is already in the game - I haven't finished it yet)

Ah, I just started similar thread. Maybe if enough of us do something might actually happen....... *crickets chirping*
  • Options
    The purple mats should certainly be much more easy to acquire. I feel like GW would be a great place to add these in as an option, maybe 10 purple mats for 400, like a pack of 5 character shards....

They should also have a Gear store as well with similar purchase options so players with those "get 50 of X" situations can actually get that gear within a more reasonable amount of time. I'd also increase the odds of success of farming Gear since it's lower than farming shards....
  • Options
    If EA wants to make money, why not just offer a one-time promotion (like they did with toons when we started out) but make it appear at about Lvl 65-70 when you start feeling the Purple Mat pinch. Package about 100 purple mats with what-ever the hell else they want, and sell them for about $25-$35. I would think that even a bunch of ftp guys would be really tempted to get the credit card out for those (even though they would never admit it later).
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    You can get 70+ per week of these if you complete the existing content and I'm sure they will add more.
    It's not good for EVERYTHING to be able to be bypassed with money.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    You can get 70+ per week of these if you complete the existing content and I'm sure they will add more.
    It's not good for EVERYTHING to be able to be bypassed with money.

70+? As a f2p I'm not getting anywhere near that. From what I see, you can get around 30 from the Ability Mats challenge, and maybe close to another 30 from GW if you beat it each day, though I don't always get 4. I might get 1 a month from Cantina battles. So That's maybe 60 a week from my experience.
  • Options
    @Qeltar
    Good point. I am very grateful that I keep passing GW daily and am grinding out an extra 2-3 Purples per day. But to keep passing GW, I need a large roster, so you use more purples to keep those secondary toons useful. It is a catch 22.
    But I am having fun farming a lot of toons versus just an Arena Squad, but my Arena Squad needs about a 25 purple mat kick. It is frustrating having a million of those green mats and little Blue and almost no Purple to work with. I know, I need to stop farming my secondary roster but I like them more that the Arena squad (you know the one that looks the same as what everybody else is running also...).
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    I think you should be able to spend cantina energy to acquire purple mats. You can do it for the other two, so why not allow for the third?

The prices are ludicrous though, they should not be priced at "boy are you gonna be mad once you appreciate cantina crystals and when you figure out just how much you wasted on a few mats"

1 Green mat is 100. 10 might be more reasonable.
  • Options
    It's getting tougher and tougher to get those Purple mats I get them and then there gone.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The thing with the purple pentagons is: you aren't supposed to upgrade every ability on every character as soon as it is possible. You are supposed to manage them as a limited resource and upgrade in the places where it makes sense, not every "+5%".
    Now granted it will get more difficult with the level cap increase as we will have new goodies we will want to unlock. But again, characters can be entirely viable without maxed skills.
    I currently have 217 purples, and I haven't done my challenges today yet.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.