Thrawn Question

CoastalJames
2971 posts Member
edited November 2017
Hi all,

Apologies if this is a ridiculous question...

Everyone seems to be fixated on getting Thrawn 7*. Me too! - However I have to concede that, on this round, I don't think I will be able to. I've been farming Phoenix hard but I just think I don't have enough time to get them up to the standard to get Thrawn 7*.

However, they are pretty meaty and I already have 100 out of 145 needed Thrawn shards. So, my question is - do you think I will be able to get Thrawn at a lower * level? Or is that a silly question?

Thanks all, as ever. I'm not greedy - Thrawn is Thrawn for me!

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Oh and mods...the title contained the word "stupid" - wasn't aware that was censored. I was not swearing.
  • Options
    Mebbe, lol, but where is the stats on your Phoenix squad?
  • Options
    ^ Thanks for the reply Bub.

https://swgoh.gg/u/coastaljames/
  • Options
    5* Thrawn is not very difficult to pull off. I personally think you'll be just fine with what you have.
  • Options
    As long as you can get Hera starred up, you should be fine to unlock thrawn, as well. If you can get them to six stars, you likely can also get thrawn at six.

In order to pull off thrawn at seven stars, the min is omega uniques , gear eight with really good mods, and patience.
  • Cylso
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @GhostTruckin are u sure uniques are indispensable?

My Team is Hera g9, ezra g10, chopper g9, zeb g8 and kanan g8

First i 'll try it without spending omegas on uniques, hope it will work :)
  • Options
    Thrawn is so great. I wish Krennic is just as great. Krennic is a real SW character. Thrawn is a cartoon
  • Options
    Thrawn is so great. I wish Krennic is just as great. Krennic is a real SW character. Thrawn is a cartoon

Thrawn is more than just a cartoon, although characters in books and cartoons are just as real as movie characters. Overall, Thrawn plays a much more important role in the Star Wars universe than Krennic does.
  • Options

Thrawn is more than just a cartoon, although characters in books and cartoons are just as real as movie characters. Overall, Thrawn plays a much more important role in the Star Wars universe than Krennic does.

I disagree. Cartoons suck.

One 2 minute movie appearance is worth 1 full season in the cartoons.
  • Options
    Cylso wrote: »
    @GhostTruckin are u sure uniques are indispensable?

My Team is Hera g9, ezra g10, chopper g9, zeb g8 and kanan g8

First i 'll try it without spending omegas on uniques, hope it will work :)

@Cylso by all means give it a shot without throwing omegas on thier uniques, you may pull it off, everyone that I have talked to did need to omega the uniques, but good luck either way
  • Cylso
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @GhostTruckin Mhm ok, heard the same but i will try it ;) and thx, i will let u know :)
  • Options
    Kanaan is the least important to omega IMO
  • Options
    Star up hera and you're good to go. I did it with all gear 7, with decent mods. Thrawn at 5 stars is completely viable, he skyrocketed me from the 1000s to 500s, sometimes I can even break 200!
  • Options
    I can omegas all uniques if i want to, i saved them especially for this event and the phoenix squad :)
  • Options
    Star up hera and you're good to go. I did it with all gear 7, with decent mods. Thrawn at 5 stars is completely viable, he skyrocketed me from the 1000s to 500s, sometimes I can even break 200!

Thanks to all of you, I appreciate it - and thanks Helios - that sounds very promising :)
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options

Thanks to all of you, I appreciate it - and thanks Helios - that sounds very promising :)
    5 star Thrawn in right Empire team can take you to top 50
  • Options
    And presumably, at some point, I can farm him up, right?
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    And presumably, at some point, I can farm him up, right?

In next event only
  • Options
    Ok, cool, thanks.

That's good enough for me. I want to get Thrawn so I can play him- for fun. The point of the game for me.
  • Options
    Hmmm, really not sure if I'll be able to get Hera to 6 stars...does this screw up my chances?

Zeb 7* Gr9

Ezra 6* Gr8

Kanan 6* Gr8

Hera 5* Gr8

Sabine 5* Gr8

Reckon I can do it? Few hours left to farm but really don't think I'm going to be able to improve on the above...
  • Options
    Does not Hurt to try, you should be fine for an unlock, and quite possibly you would be able to get a six star.
  • Options
    Thank you :) Well - I will most deifnitely try of course :)
  • Options
    So...I unlocked Thrawn at 5* and I am very, very pleased :) Was definitely worth the slog!

Thanks so much to all.

• Options
    You still got 5 days to go for 6* you can do it!
  • Options
    ^ Genuine thanks for the encouragement but to be honest - being f2p? I really don't think I can do it!