I'd Really Like to see Guild Donations Improved

So I think we can all agree that Guild Donations as it stands largely does not work. From time to time if people are smart about it they can pick up a couple of pieces of gear to finish a toon a day or so early, but in large this system just encourages people to put up requests that may not ever be answered. Which boils down to the gear crunch.

It occurred to me today that there is a system that could be implemented that might fix this issue as well as another issue that people are constantly putting on reddit and the forums. Challenge Gear.

What I am imagining is a system that you put up a request in. Any request. And then that request is not answered with similar gear. It becomes a construction mechanic where your team can donate literally any other piece of gear out of their stash and that gear helps make up a piece of the construction of the gear you requested. Maybe call it the gear smelting room. And EA/CG could make this fairly ridiculous or not so fairly ridiculous depending on how they want to go forward. My first thought is something like 20 Mk IV Stun Guns might contribute like 1/20th or so of five requested stun cuffs. The amount of contribution could depend upon the rarity (color) of gear and it feels like this could be fairly easy to implement, could be tracked with a similar completion graph as what we are seeing in game, and if for whatever reason something wasn't completed you'd just round to the nearest value, possibly allowing for 0 values if it doesn't get over the halfway mark to 1 to prevent exploitation.

Curious as to thoughts or if this has been discussed before.

Replies

• Options
    There was another discussion on Guild Officer roles - I'd put in something along the lines of a Quartermaster - someone willing to find real trades among the 50 guildies and hook up small trades once a day or so so people are getting as well as they're receiving.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    So you want a guild donation mechanism that is a more convoluted gear exchange?
  • Options
    They could also actually give us a use for those lower tier stun guns, and we can craft 20 of them into one mark 5.

I do like your idea though.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    They could also actually give us a use for those lower tier stun guns, and we can craft 20 of them into one mark 5.

I do like your idea though.

Having something to do with the nearly useless gear would be nice. There's no point in having thousands of one piece of gear that you won't ever be able to use up. Basically amounts to gear challenges becoming less and less useful the further you are in the game, besides a few key pieces.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

This is a solid combination of 2 ideas that have been floating around to solve a common problem.

I would prefer I direct crafting system but this isn't too bad.
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    So you want a guild donation mechanism that is a more convoluted gear exchange?

Somewhat. I was trying to think of an idea that doesn't "Break" the game and open the floodgates on generating gear, uses gear we currently don't have a use for, and allows for the idea that we can help each other out.
  • Options
    For starters they can up the amount of Rancor gear that you can request from 2 to 5.
  • Options
    I'm game with this. Maybe like bf2? Where you can break down gear for crafting material to where you can build what you want or need? For example I have 1026 pieces of mk9 fabritech data pads, which ONLY my tie pilot needs I could break down each piece for like 5 crafting parts? And maybe the mk5 stun gun prototype salvage which I need 400+ more of can be built for like 100-150 parts?
  • Options
    Of course number of parts would be tiered to rarity, white, blue, green etc