Darth Vader at G12 :(

So i put my Darth Vader to G12 and gave him the G12 pieces thinking that it will make him hit harder.
I was so happy that he was getting + 200 tac and some other bonuses.
Anyway I take him to battle and ..... nothing changed. I´m like what the heck. So I check it again Tac increases Special damage and resistance. I'm like oh ok. Next step Checking his abilities basic-physical dmg ok, special-physical dmg, second special-physical dmg. So you are telling me the only point of tac was to increase his resistance the only point of that stat is to decrease special dmg taken, only a handful characters deal special dmg and those don't even deal that much dmg. So what ws the point?
I´m disappointed and now I actually feel bad. As I see there is also disparity with G12.
Now if you excuse me I have to go cry in the corner now.

Replies

• Options
    When the new battle vader from Rogue 1 appears, I'm sure he'll be a much better toon and you can then take him all the way to G12 - though, by the time you do that, he probably won't really be viable any more....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    When the new battle vader from Rogue 1 appears, I'm sure he'll be a much better toon and you can then take him all the way to G12 - though, by the time you do that, he probably won't really be viable any more....

lol
  • Options
    If you play ship battles, then you will not regret the investment
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    I’m still taking Vader to gear 12. His ship is epic at Gear 11.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    But yes, Vader sorely needs a boost. And another unique and Zeta.

No way CLS should be as powerful as he is and Vader be like he is.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    True, true.
  • Options
    Man Han Solo just has to attack my 100% maxed out Vader 2 times and kills him all by himself, ridiculous.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I’m still taking Vader to gear 12. His ship is epic at Gear 11.
    My Vader is g10. So his ship with g11 is much better? What is the difference?
  • Options
    I took him to gear 12 too, and outside a protection boost, not much was added. Hopefully they will rework him at some stage
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    It's ridiculous that Vader is in the game since the beginning and still no rework... like the FACE of the Star Wars saga and one of the greatest villains in cinema history and still no love for him! **** devs!??

I know right? They have given more love to two goofy sidekick toons that die in one movie (Chaze). The two most powerful Sith to ever rule the galaxy (Vader and Palpy) are Bantha fodder compared to CLS (ya know, the untrained kid that gets his hand cut off by Vader).
  • Options
    To be honest, it's probably best to just wait for a rework/new version. Current Vader is good in a lot of places, but replaceable in most of them. The only place where he's truly top-tier is ships.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Vader will always be lame in this game, CG hates Vader and the Dark Side, l took him out from my Arena team today, he is SO WEAK, l am going to focus on Rebels and Light Side, l am done, this game is unbalanced, Light Side always gets the better treatment, Light Side gets +30K bassics, Counterattacks, Self Healing, TEAM Cleanse, Self Cleanse, Multi Dispell, Stealth, Auto Taunt (Kenobi and Baze) and crazy Free TM Gain (CLS, Rex), Multi Assist (Ackbar, H. Yoda, Kenobi), Stun every 2 seconds (CLS, Han, R2), TWO Rebels can SOLO the Rancor, Han and Luke, those 2 Rebels can also Solo Phase 1 of the hAAT, Rebels and Light Side are SO BROKEN, just give up already, and focus on your Light Side, as l am going to do.
  • Options
    To be honest, it's probably best to just wait for a rework/new version. Current Vader is good in a lot of places, but replaceable in most of them. The only place where he's truly top-tier is ships.

We only need him reworked: a Unique with a new Zeta! No new versions!

I dunno. His abilities don't really live up to the unkillable duellist he was.
  • spicynachosupreme1
    507 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I dunno. His abilities don't really live up to the unkillable duellist he was.

He needs to be able to switch to a new set of abilities like cls. Should have a chance to deflect blaster shots back at the attacker. Add a zeta, buff his basic and call it good.
  • Options
    The tricky thing about Vader is that he needs speed, crit chance, and potency mods - and powerful ones to maximize his value. I've had good luck with my G12 Vader in the arena. He provides good protection for the other allies and also has the chance at hitting 50,000+ with a single blow. That has proven helpful against CLS and Thrawn - but not as much against cleanings teams (Rex, Chaze, etc) until the cleaners are defeated.

I agree - one Zeta upgrade and he could be a monster again. I would also like to see his DOT zeta taken off leadership. The Empire is top heavy with "leaders" right now.
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Vader will always be lame in this game, CG hates Vader and the Dark Side, l took him out from my Arena team today, he is SO WEAK, l am going to focus on Rebels and Light Side, l am done, this game is unbalanced, Light Side always gets the better treatment, Light Side gets +30K bassics, Counterattacks, Self Healing, TEAM Cleanse, Self Cleanse, Multi Dispell, Stealth, Auto Taunt (Kenobi and Baze) and crazy Free TM Gain (CLS, Rex), Multi Assist (Ackbar, H. Yoda, Kenobi), Stun every 2 seconds (CLS, Han, R2), TWO Rebels can SOLO the Rancor, Han and Luke, those 2 Rebels can also Solo Phase 1 of the hAAT, Rebels and Light Side are SO BROKEN, just give up already, and focus on your Light Side, as l am going to do.

This could not be any more true. LS is ridiculous. It's come to the point now that even overpowered and broken have become extreme understatements. But I will say some Dark Side characters are worth it depending on what your interests and play style. Some good DS factions to work on are Empire, Sith, Nightsisters, and First Order. Plus a miscellaneous characters like Boba Fett. Don't work on Droids/Bounty Hunters unless the work for you. Put in minimal effort for the mod challenges but other than that don't bother.
  • Options

Upvote
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    This has been my biggest peeve since I started this game.. Lightsabers are greater than blasters.. almost always in these movies.. Blasters are so uncivilized - and they should not be OP vs sabers.. Throw out the Dark vs Light arguments and everything else.. Jedi should be better too..
  • Options
    jstehly wrote: »
    The tricky thing about Vader is that he needs speed, crit chance, and potency mods - and powerful ones to maximize his value. I've had good luck with my G12 Vader in the arena. He provides good protection for the other allies and also has the chance at hitting 50,000+ with a single blow. That has proven helpful against CLS and Thrawn - but not as much against cleanings teams (Rex, Chaze, etc) until the cleaners are defeated.

I agree - one Zeta upgrade and he could be a monster again. I would also like to see his DOT zeta taken off leadership. The Empire is top heavy with "leaders" right now.

Its more about the fact that G12 was supposed to be this lvl that will make toons very good, than vader recieves gear that is basically useless to his kit, meanwhile the rebels recieve gear that give them + dmg and health.