Raid improvements

Malgrin
149 posts Member
edited November 2017
Hello,

As we're moving towards DS TBs and TWs, I think there are some significant improvements needed for the Pit and HAAT.

For any guilds that have had these on farm for 6+ months, the content is pretty repetitive and adds little to our game experience. With more content coming our way, we could really use ways to cut down time spent on other areas, and people have been leaving because of how much time is required to compete at the top levels. My first suggestion here would be to allow for guilds to sim raids once they have them on farm (something like 10+ clears in a row). If you're concerned about guilds abusing this, you could record the players that were active within the last 10 raids, and if the people participating in the current raid deviate by more than 10 players, then you have to continue raiding it. I'm not encouraging you to remove the option of raids -- a guild could enter the raid as normal once that raid is on farm, but that it would have the option to sim it instead.

This brings up the question of what to do with loot, and I have a bit of a simplification for that (that also helps in other areas). Implement a new loot system where you earn loot tickets from each raid (separate from guild tokens), so you'd have Rancor tokens and HAAT token. Each token = 1 piece of salvage, which you could then redeem for the raid only items from those raids. This could easily be split across the whole guild. Full pieces could still be handed out at random. Finally, you can set an amount of other salvage (e.g. cuffs, carbantis, stun guns from Rancor) that players get for a sim -- something like 12-20 seems like the average. All the other rewards can be averaged pretty easily -- credits, ship credits, guild store tokens, etc.

Finally, there are several kinds of loot that are unnecessary in these raids. Rancor drops the infamous mk4 Carbantis, which as of this writing, are used in 20 heroes, and mostly at the G10+ gear levels. This seems poorly balanced for raid loot. Additionally, challenge gear should not be in any raids. While MK 3 Carbs and Mk6 Syringes are nice in Rancor, I don't think any players would complain if they received Stun Guns and Stun Cuffs more often in exchange for not seeing these two items. In HAAT, it is ridiculous that we receive the challenge side of Implants, Data Pads, and Medpacs, when the other loot from that raid is so rare and valuable.

Thank you