What is the point of factions anymore?

DEATHCOYOTE
977 posts Member
edited November 2017
It’s astonishing the level of apathy developed in this game towards factions which allow GREATER effectiveness of mixed teams vs pure teams and cross force teams who work like they are bffs. The level of apathy towards the STORIES with regard to the SAME ABILITIES... that were developed FROM THE STORIES... it begs the question why even have factions? You make pure teams pretty much pointless. This is a business yes? You realize the poor business model it is to offer something new but you benefit less from getting all the new characters because you can swap LS and DS and mix hodge podge teams who can destroy your new releases. It’s extremely dissuading to folks like myself who would like to invest in folks like the NS only to see pure NS teams are nowhere near as effective because you just plug a rebel or LS tank in there and the stupid single character on a NON PURE TEAM synergizes perfectly because you incentivize players not to build pure teams and therefore buy your packs!

Replies

• Options
    I mean you're pretty obviously only talking about arena. There are a lot more aspects of the game where factions are very effective, plus that's been obviously a focal point of reworks and completing factions this past year. Try using your complete factions in other aspects of the game outside of arena.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    [redacted]
  • Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    I mean you're pretty obviously only talking about arena. There are a lot more aspects of the game where factions are very effective, plus that's been obviously a focal point of reworks and completing factions this past year. Try using your complete factions in other aspects of the game outside of arena.

There are two arenas and GW. That’s three aspects where mixed teams can make pure teams beyond Rebels and resistance... basically anything lightside, a joke. Raids are the same way, both pit and tank except now again... Rebels have CLs who can solo or even two man the pit no issues. That’s four. Fleet is different thankfully.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This ^^

Factions are used to great affect to not allow you to make one team that can do the whole game.

Arena was designed to be as the devs have described a sandbox where people can stand side by side, even if they never would or could have.

Factions also allow them to give a faction a boost with a powerful leader ability that would take over the meta if it was open to everyone, like Maul.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This ^^

Factions are used to great affect to not allow you to make one team that can do the whole game.

Arena was designed to be as the devs have described a sandbox where people can stand side by side, even if they never would or could have.

Factions also allow them to give a faction a boost with a powerful leader ability that would take over the meta if it was open to everyone, like Maul.

Negative... this mixing and faction pointlessness permeates GW, SA of course, Pit, and Tank raids. It’s not just SA, how do you all just ignore the three other areas this is true? Seriously?
  • Options
    Arena wise it comes and goes, now it's Rebels, previously it was Zaul Sith. GW it's anyone with sustainability; resistance, Nihilus Sith, nightsisters, empire (sometimes), and for raids (mainly the tank) droids, clones, resistance, and rebels work well in p2 and 4, and empire works great in 3
  • Options
    I disagree, and also find it hilarious that you chose nightsisters as one of your examples. They are one of the most dominant factions in the game right now.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    giphy.gif
    Kyno wrote: »

This ^^

Negative... this mixing and faction pointlessness permeates GW, SA of course, Pit, and Tank raids. It’s not just SA, how do you all just ignore the three other areas this is true? Seriously?

• Options
    I disagree, and also find it hilarious that you chose nightsisters as one of your examples. They are one of the most dominant factions in the game right now.

Throw GK in with ZALZIN, Daka, Ventress, and Zombie and they destroy pure NS. So... no, you just haven’t seen the mockery of pure teams my shard is full of.
  • Options

Throw GK in with ZALZIN, Daka, Ventress, and Zombie and they destroy pure NS. So... no, you just haven’t seen the mockery of pure teams my shard is full of.

I’ll just leave this here and say I probably have more experience with NS teams than you.

https://swgoh.gg/u/bulldog1205/

Oh, and I’ve done this with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj72JyE_szI

And later today when I use my GW I’m going to post a video of them clearing GW on full auto in under 10 minutes.

• Options
    You rant a lot. just saying.
  • Options

Then why not ignore me? So glad you stopped by to make sure I knew your opinion. Thanks for that!
  • Options

I’ll just leave this here and say I probably have more experience with NS teams than you.

And later today when I use my GW I’m going to post a video of them clearing GW on full auto in under 10 minutes.

Ventress zeta is what I’m waiting on for HAAT specifically. 5 Zetas short. You also realize pure teams like that are still the exception? I figure you do, but you wanted to show your NS who are badass and I like them, but still not the rule.
  • Options

And I’m talking NS vs NS with GK. Pretty sure I was clear about that.
  • Options

giphy.gif
  • Options

giphy.gif

Your opinion also noted. Now I can go on with my day! Thank You!
  • Options

giphy.gif

Your opinion also noted. Now I can go on with my day! Thank You!

giphy.gif
  • Options

And I’m talking NS vs NS with GK. Pretty sure I was clear about that.

Yes, and I’m saying a pure NS team does much better. My point is I’ve experimented a lot with them and I know what works best against this meta. I’ve tried NS with GK. I’ve tried them with Thrawn. I’ve tried them with R2. All were fine teams, but none hold on defense the way my pure NS team does. It’s the best team I’ve ever had.
  • Options
    Wish it was easier to list screenshots in here so you see the G12 team I’m talking about. The double tank using GK and Zombie is brutal