QoL Changes that are necessary for the new features.

I dont know how you guys feel about this but i dont have a million mod sets to mod LS and DS characters equally good to participate in TB. And i dont want to move the hubdreds of mods i have one by one every week between the different TBs... We need Mod Set Changers so that full sets can be removed and equipped easily before these new features...

Replies

• Options
    While this could help, I think mods weren't designed to be moved. They want us to have everyone modded.
  • Options
    @phatphil3 show me one guy that hasnt spent several thousand dollar on this game that has enough mods (im talking about decent mods) to do this...
  • Options
    Agree with Bzm. Mods and strategies around your character's stats change constantly in this game. If they weren't meant to be changed then they'd all have the same secondary stats so once you placed them you were done entirely.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i want more than just mod sets. I want search filters aswell.
    untill then, i'll do without mod swapping. Can't do it in TW anyway, so it's sort of worth it to have alot of characters modded correctly.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I think the reason why this hasn’t been done already is that you wouldn’t need to have as many mods, and therefore would spend less cantina energy, and therefore would spend less crystals, and therefore would make less money for CG.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Mod switching should cost million of credits. So you guys don't complain about this thing.
    I only have to switch 3 mods, that's it.
    Do your job and farm more mods

well, i switch 0 mods, doesn't change the fact that mod management is horrible ingame. especially when you've got a lot of mods i might add.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Like I said in the other thread, if speed secondaries weren't so overpowering and other stats were actually viable then the need to swap wouldn't exist.

The need to swap is there because mods as a whole are not WAI.

Unless making speed overpowering and forcing people to spend more to get speed secondaries is WAI, in which case that's some illogical greedy kittens.
  • Options
    I think the reason why this hasn’t been done already is that you wouldn’t need to have as many mods, and therefore would spend less cantina energy, and therefore would spend less crystals, and therefore would make less money for CG.

Yeah, that's almost certainly the case.

At this point, I'd settle for a button to "Save All Mod configs", then shuffle them about one by one, do my battle/event/raid/whatever, then click "Restore Previous Mod Configs". I hate writing down what mod came from who just so I don't mess them up.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Like I said in the other thread, if speed secondaries weren't so overpowering and other stats were actually viable then the need to swap wouldn't exist.

Unless making speed overpowering and forcing people to spend more to get speed secondaries is WAI, in which case that's some illogical greedy ****.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Fix the underlying issue.
  • Options
    BzmR94 wrote: »
    @phatphil3 show me one guy that hasnt spent several thousand dollar on this game that has enough mods (im talking about decent mods) to do this...

I'm lvl 80 with full lvl 15 5 pip mods ln Jedi and nightsisters, 12-15 on first order, mostly lvl 15 on Phoenix, about half at lvl 15 for resistance, etc.

By 85 I anticipate having all of them at lvl 15 and most of them if not all at 7*.

I am using mostly health mods, and will trade out for speed sets or other relevant sets later and move the health mods to secondary chars.

Fully f2p, btw.
  • Options
    @Blizzisme are trying to tell me this is enough for both TBs? i am talking about enough mods to get 40+ stars in both TBs
  • Options

Unless making speed overpowering and forcing people to spend more to get speed secondaries is WAI, in which case that's some illogical greedy kittens.

This is the obvious truth. If players are wanting their best chance at success using characters that don’t get off the bench often, they will want their fastest, most powerful mods to be transferred. Granted you can do this now, but it takes forever and there’s no secondary filter... save us the time of having to go to .gg and let us do it in game.

I don’t see why this isn’t a reasonable request. If this is something that won’t be considered for other reasons I would love to hear those reasons shared.

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
  • Options

Unless making speed overpowering and forcing people to spend more to get speed secondaries is WAI, in which case that's some illogical greedy ****.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Yup. If they doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled the secondary stat boosts other than speed, then maybe the other secondary stat boosts would be competitive/desirable over speed. Until then, I don't need +24 defense on R2D2. I'll take the +14 Speed.
  • Options
    @Blizzisme are trying to tell me this is enough for both TBs? i am talking about enough mods to get 40+ stars in both TBs

You said it's not possible to fully mod all your chars unless you are a whale. Especially if you have been playing for a long time (i.e. people posting screenshots of 70k GW tokens on top of having all those chars at 7*) its doable, but even for someone who is f2p it's not terrible. Mod challenges with 2 energy refresh get you 20+ mods per day. Upgrade anything not yellow to 12 to see all the stats, etc. A week of 2 refreshes per day will get you around 120 mods. If you can't take couple of weeks to gear up your chars.... Well, *shrug.
  • Options
    @Blizzisme dude im talking about good mods
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Mod switching should cost million of credits. So you guys don't complain about this thing.
    I only have to switch 3 mods, that's it.
    Do your job and farm more mods

well, i switch 0 mods, doesn't change the fact that mod management is horrible ingame. especially when you've got a lot of mods i might add.

If you don't switch mods, you have nothing to manage. If you got some new ones you have to do one by one. This means multiswitching doesn't help there.

the reason i don't switch mods is because it's horrible to manage (and i do fine without mod swapping). Point is, i do have alot of mods and i still think mod sets will be beneficial for me. mod management in general is just horrible.
  • Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »

You said it's not possible to fully mod all your chars unless you are a whale. Especially if you have been playing for a long time (i.e. people posting screenshots of 70k GW tokens on top of having all those chars at 7*) its doable, but even for someone who is f2p it's not terrible. Mod challenges with 2 energy refresh get you 20+ mods per day. Upgrade anything not yellow to 12 to see all the stats, etc. A week of 2 refreshes per day will get you around 120 mods. If you can't take couple of weeks to gear up your chars.... Well, *shrug.

That was using a 5 day week, my bad. 7 day would be 160+.
  • Options
    @Blizzisme 160 Mods which includes max. of 20 with speed and out of these 5 increase speed and thats optimistic. So as i said im talking about good mods
  • Options
    @Blizzisme dude im talking about good mods

Good mods or perfect mods? If you only care about perfect mods (or only consider them good if they have perfect stats) then the answer is still the same, it will just take longer to filter through them... It gives you something to farm when you start running low on chars you care about.
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You need to keep in mind that out of those 160 - you'll be very lucky to get even ONE good mod.

90% of them will be white garbage or have horrible primary stats that no character wants.
    5% of them will be Green with a garbage secondary or garbage primary
    4% will be blue with garbage secondary or primary
    .5% will be purple or orange and have garbage primary or secondaries
    .4% Will be a colored mod with proper primary and attractive secondary
    .09% will be a colored mod with proper primary and attractive secondaries that upgrades incorrectly on leveling
    .01% of your mods will be colored, have correct primary, attractive secondaries AND the correct secondaries upgrade on leveling.
  • Options
    I think that was lost on him, talking about good mods.
  • Options
    thank you @Mewingloki
  • Options
    SwiftMooky wrote: »

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Yup. If they doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled the secondary stat boosts other than speed, then maybe the other secondary stat boosts would be competitive/desirable over speed. Until then, I don't need +24 defense on R2D2. I'll take the +14 Speed.

Exactly right.

We all know there's been a character power creep yet mods have remained static. In the current climate what is +35 defence or 2% health/protection really going to do against heavy hitters?

Reduce the need to mod swap and a lot of the issues go away.
  • Options
    I have 5 teams with good mods on them right now. Not saying they're all winners but they're still mods. Not every team needs to be +70 speed. Gotta know how to mod each team to maximize their abilities.