Is 88 the r2 of the dark side.

He is an integral part of my scoundrel, Droids and geonosians. Which ever squad I choose to use him in the others are greatly diminished. Never really thought about how diverse he was as a character until I started looking into ds tb squads.

Replies

• Options
    I love 88 as a former (reformed?) droid user... But he's no r2. Honestly other than being droids there are no similarities.
  • Options
    What I'm saying is each of those squads depend on him. Droids don't need him but for ds(all dark side only) he will be tough to replace. Geonosians need his lead to give spy his extra turns. Scoundrels don't need him if you invested heavily in them. Most haven't including myself so he will be needed for me.
  • Options
    Even in the scoundrel team he's pretty replaceable. R2 and IG are nowhere near comparison. If you think he's irreplaceable on DS, you need a better team >_>
  • Options
    Tell me who I could replace him in my geonosians squad or better yet in a Droid squad there is literally 6 ds droids. That includes general grieves who most don't have 7*.
  • Options
    The difference between the two is, IG-88 is needed only for Droid teams. R2 is needed for pretty much any team that wants to stick in the top-100. IG-88 is only good on Droid and Scoundrel teams, but R2 is fantastic on literally any team.
  • Options
    88 lead is also the only way to make geonosians work. He is a must have with them. That's 3 factions. I'm not saying he is as good as r2 just saying his versatility on ds isnt matched by any other toon. For those that don't know. Anytime a geonosian places a debuff on an enemy spy gains 70% turn meter with 88 lead any critical adds a dot. Spy goes basically Everytime anyone attacks. That includes sunfacs counters.
  • Options
    I'd say there are plenty more people on DS who are way more versatile. Thrawn can go in any team and be fantastic. Nihilus can do the same. So can Talzin, to a lesser extent. So can Deathtrooper. Any of those can fit better into the 'R2 of the DS' concept.
  • Options
    They may fit into any squad but my guess is most are going to use them where they are the best in tb. Which is what I'm mainly talking about. Thrawn with empire dn with sith. That's how there best used. R2 doesn't really have a faction that is more beneficial then others. 88 is kind of the same. He doesn't have a place in a squad that you can say this is his spot.
  • Options
    Moving to correct subforum
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?