Not Inspired to spend

I just started playing as a f2P just to see what it's like,and after 2 weeks so far so good;
However it does seem after reading various threads around the forums that to be any good your team really has to consist of of lightsabers which I think is a real shame considering the variety of characters available.
It basically means all the top teams are generally going to look the same if I've understood what I've read.

Now I know its a P2w game and generating sales is the point,but I don't feel inspired to spend cash if all I'm looking for is the same as everyone else.I would willingly spend cash If I could form a unique team(not necessarily full of sabers) and still be competitive.

As I said I'm new so if I have it all wrong please enlighten me.
I do have one question for those who have spent alot.

When you've created your team, risen to the top,maxed lvl ,maxed promotions etc what then?

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Your last question. What then?

Collect, farm, grind, snipe the top spot in arena and enjoy messing around with different combos in GW for me. Its a bit of obsessive collection game that many of us hope will include some player interaction some day soon.

As far as the top teams looking the same..hmm. This is actually less true lately. Most teams do have GS in them but I've seen way more diversity in the top ten in the last two weeks.

Another thing.. The forums don't necessarily reflect how many players feel. Honestly this forum is out of control. I know serious players and spenders who left the forums permanently because of all the bleeding.

As far as spending money, getting a crystal sub is still a decent deal and will allow you to refresh the cantina twice which to me is VERY important to keep caught up. Cantina has so much there and they are adding more.
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    Options
    You confuse me lol. Until very recently, lightsabers stood no chance against the Rebel guns. The Sith and Jedi have made a comeback, but you'll find far more Rebels and Empire troopers now as they are being incorporated for the free to play players.