Game progress

I’m a level 81, but all of my characters are completely weak and I feel like I’m not making any progress. Other level 80-85 people in my guild have already unlocked all the special event characters, and I feel utterly behind without Thrawn, BB-8, R2-D2, Palpatine, and Commander Luke Skywalker. I’m getting beat by level 70s in every single raid.

I complete all daily activities every day, so I level pretty fast. But I was wondering if it would be smart to buy a lot of crystals in order to invest more in the game, upgrade all my characters faster, and become a player that actually seems more like a level 81. I guess I can chalk my failure up to bad player strategy—not upgrading the right types of characters for the good events—but is something else to blame?

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to the horrible truth of the grind!
    We all get stuck and I know how you're feeling!
    It might be less maddening to focus on 1 character at a time. It's completely overwhelming to try and level/gear multiple characters.
  • Options
    That wouldn’t be smart, you’ll be in debt in no time.
  • Options
    Eh, just roll with it. Everyone was weak at some point, they stuck with it and got stronger.

You're doing better than you think, you're just comparing yourself against people who are higher level and been playing longer. It's fine. Farm the characters you like, gear the characters you want, play to the best of your ability and enjoyability. Don't worry too much, it's just a game!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    That wouldn’t be smart, you’ll be in debt in no time.

Lol yeah, I’ve already spent about $40 on this game already. I don’t really want to spend much more unless I’m super desperate. I invested a little too many crystals in trying to get Darth Nihilus because too many people told me he was a boss.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Eh, just roll with it. Everyone was weak at some point, they stuck with it and got stronger.

You're doing better than you think, you're just comparing yourself against people who are higher level and been playing longer. It's fine. Farm the characters you like, gear the characters you want, play to the best of your ability and enjoyability. Don't worry too much, it's just a game!

Thank you
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I got the same feelings a couple of months ago. I found the way upward by focussing on 1 team at a time.
    For instance:
    - Phoenix for TB, GW, Palp event and Thrawn.
    - Resistance for upcoming Rey event, GW and TB
    - Empire toons for R2-D2.

Just pick one team, level them, gear them, mod them and have fun with them.
  • Options
    Phoenix is a great team to focus on early. They're not the best for anything (except, by default, Thrawn!) but they're good at everything. A strong Phoenix team can see you through Galactic War (especially now that it's been rebalanced), get good numbers up in raids, help in Territory Battles, get you Palpatine, and two of them can help with Yoda.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I’ll try to focus on mostly Phoenix for now then. Besides, I don’t have enough resistance characters to do the new special event for Jedi Training Rey—oh well. At least I’ll still be able to get Thrawn and Palpatine and Yoda with them! :)