Dooku and Sid Buffs

<rant>
Stop them!

First some background, I started playing this game in December. I bought the Heroine pack, because I thought Ashoka was cool (I still use her in GW). Bonus, I got a character called Bariss. She saved my ragtag group of toons, and I was able to farm others. Then she got nerfed. Sid meanwhile got a base damage increase of 40%!

Great news, The Force Awakens is awesome. I started to farm Phasma, Rey, Finn and Poe. Happy days, my Nightsister Initiate can get a level 6 cut down. Too bad there was a bug that lasted two months that indirectly nerfed this character after upgrading (Thank you, CG, for getting to this by the way). Meanwhile, Dooku gets his hindering press fixed within 24 hours of the bug being reported (cause he doesn't attack enough).

February, I buy some Chromium packs and get 4*Leia (yes!). This was a big help in both GW and arena. She gets nerfed (sorry "fixed" so she doesn't attack four times in a row, can't have a character not named Dooku do that.) Phasma also gets "fixed" no more non-attacks and calling an ally.

Despite all these nerfs, I finally reach number two in my server of doom with the help of 6* G7 Poe. Then they nerfed Poe, big time. Speed is not tiered, no more praying to RNGesus. Nope, guess who always goes first. Yep, Sid and Dooku. As a bonus they made DOT more effective and able to kill toons, helping ... you guessed ... it Sid. So now, my ragtag group of Jedis and rebels is back to the drawing board once more after hitting walls of Sids and Dookus. Before the changes highest arena rank #2, GW losses 2/50. After, highest arena rank #41, GW losses 4/5. On a side note, Asajj got a small nerf as well, it was better when she could heal everyone.

I am now working on QGJ (although I figure it won't be long till they nerf him as well, it seems to be a pattern). I refuse to farm Sid and Dooku because I hate them, so much.

For sanity's sake STOP BUFFING SID AND DOOKU!

Thank you for reading my rant. </rant>

Replies

• Options
    Sid and dooku are anti Jedi. That's is their main purpose in this game. Any one in game NOT Jedi is anti sid and dooku due to their low health.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    When did this happen to Dooku did the update on him make him better or worse
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    When did this happen to Dooku did the update on him make him better or worse

Dooku received a buff almost every update. The big update in Feb changed the way speed worked. Now the fastest always go first. Dooku is the fastest, so it made him better.

• RedSix
    92 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    Sid and dooku are anti Jedi. That's is their main purpose in this game. Any one in game NOT Jedi is anti sid and dooku due to their low health.

That may have been true once. In the current Meta, speed kills. These two are first and second in speed. Since games often end in one to two turns, health is less releveant, thus tanks aren't really used. The one exception was Poe, because of his speed. Also, Sid has lower tier health, but health steal, self heal, high armor and a high dodge negates his low health. Dooku does not have low health. He actually is the same as many of the other dps characters. However, he has the speed (meaning he always gets a shot in) and ridiculously high potency 220%, next highest is 140%. The changes in speed and gradual enhancements, have made them anti-everything

• Options
    Once you get QGJ, you will see why Dooku and Sid were buffed.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Once you get QGJ, you will see why Dooku and Sid were buffed.

Yeah becuase Dooku getting 4 attacks off of deflecting QGJ's assist attack is totally fair.