BEST Squad Possible??

I have options and a lot of characters to choose from and looking for feedback on what squad combo is best for Arena/GW/etc. I am hearing a lot about GM, Leia, Ben, QGJ & Lumi (I think she is overrated BTW) as well as a few others.

Here is my "Go to" 1st Squad (all attacks & abilities Maxed Out @ Level 6/7 w/ VIII Gear Level) whch lands me #1-#10 depending on the day:
(L) 7* Darth Sidious @ 70 (5535 Power)
7* Kylo Ren @ 70 (5398 Power) - must have
7* Captain Phasma @ 70 (5150 Power)
7* Count Dooku @ 70 (5407 Power) - must have
7* CT-5555 Fives @ 70 (5635 Power) - severely underrated

Others to choose from:
5* Grandmaster Yoda @ 70 (5126 Power, GL IX)
7* Poe Dameron @ 70 (4995 Power, GL VIII)
Note: I sometimes use Poe in squad instead of Sid as Leader and push Phasma to Leader,better health, less power)
6* Jedi Consular @ 70 (4925 Power, GL VIII)
5* Barriss Offee @ 70 (4683 Power, GL VIII)
6* Darth Maul @ 70 (4679 Power, GL VIII)
7* Stormtrooper Han @ 70 (4644 Power, GL VII)
4* Jedi Knight Guardian @ 70 (4479 Power, GL IX) - she has crazy upside and potential people are not talking about, both power & health at only 4 stars?!?
5* Nightsister Intiate @ 70 (4385 Power, GL VII)
4* Old Daka @ 70 (4332 Power, GL VIII)
4* Darth Vader @ 70 (4235 Power, GL VIII)
6* Cad Bane @ 70 (4184 Power, GL VI)
5* Rey @ 70 (4086 Power, GL VII) - like her power, build & move to 1st team?
4* Finn @ 70 (3921 Power, GL VIII)
5* Mance Windu @ 70 (3851 Power, GL VI)
5* Luminara Unduli @ 70 (3843 Power, GL VI)
4* Talia @ 70 (3799 Power, GL VII)
5* Royal Guard @ 70 (3779 Power, GL VI)
4* Asajj Ventress @ 70 (3755 Power, GL VII)
5* Qui-Gon Jinn @ 70 (3585 Power, GL V) - build & move to 1st team?
4* Old Ben @ 70 (3444 Power, GL VI)
4* Clone Wars Chewbacca @ 70 (3381 Power, GL VI)
4* First Order Tie Pilot @ 70 (3340 Powr, GL VI))
5* IG-86 Sentinel Droid @ 60 (3337 Power, GL VI)
4* Plo Koon @ 70 (3292 Power, GL VI)
4* Savage Opress @ 70 (3289 Power, GL VI)
4* Leia @ 70 (3277 Power, GL V)
4* Jedi Knight Anakin @ 70 (3237 Power, GL VI)
5* Ahosoka Tano @ 60 (3232 Power, GL VI)
4* Admiral Ackbar @ 61 (3226, GL VI)
4* Aayla Secura @ 70 (3074 Power, GL V)
4* Grand Moff Tarkin @ 70 (3034 Power, GL VI)
4* HK-47 @ 60 (2819 Power, GL VI)
4* Snowtrooper @ 57 (2785 Power, GL VI)
4* Ewok Scout @ 43 (2600 Power, GL VI)
4* Luke Skywalker @ 57 (2553 Power, GL V)
4* CT-7567 “Rex” @ 67 (2549 Power, GL IV) - is this new character worth building??
5* Stormtrooper@ 47 (2486 Power, GL V)
4* Bobba Fett @ 61 (2410 Power, GL IV)
4* Geonosian Soldier @ 45 (2403 Power, GL V)
4* Jawa @ 53 (2175 Power, GL IV)
5* Clone Seargant @ 30 (1702 Power, GL IV)
4* Biggs Darklighter @ 26 (1457, GL IV)
4* Nighster Acolyte @ 21 (1285, GL IV)

And the rest around 3-4 starts and below 20 including Teebo, First Order Stormtrooper, Greedo, Eeth Koth, Kit Fisto, Lobot, IG-100, Resistance Pilot, Mob Enforcer, Resistance Trooper, Hoth Rebel Scout, Ugnaight, Corsucant Underworld Police, Tusken Raider, Ima-Gun Di & Ewok Elder.

The rest (Datchta, Lando, Nate G, General Veers, IG-**, Hoth Rebel Soldier, URoRRuR’R’R, Poggle and First Order Officer are in the works for a complete character list.
~~
Based on the above info, I welcome your suggestions with regards to which teams align best (with my current arsenal) and also your feedback w/r/t where I should focus on building/farming characters for the best squad (for example, Yoda & Rey should replace Phasma & Sid when they are maxed out).

THANKS ALL.

SelCee

Replies

• Options
    No Phasma, no Kylo Ren, no fives - that is the start. Sid lead ok, Dooku ok, add two fast dps plus Daka or Poe, or three fast dps
  • Michajam
    133 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dooku, Daka, Phasma(L), Poe, Kylo. This team sounds great. Your poe protects you against other Poe DPS teams. Kylo, Dooku protect against AOE teams. Dooku helps against the Meta fast Jedi. Daka is there to revive people and the heal. Dooku is also there to go first for the stun against other Poe teams.

Edit. Phasma is needed for her slow down ability. This is a meta for speed and the less the opponant has the more you have
  • Options
    Rock it out with
    Clone Seargant
    Stormtrooper
    Ewok Scout
    Admiral Ackbar
    and Jawa for now but work on Ewok Elder
  • Options
    Phasma(lead), Kylo, Dooku, GS, and Poggle?

Tankier dps team that still has a punch and speed.

Otherwise, run faster characters (GS, QGJ, Rey) and consider dropping Kylo for Daka or Poe
  • Options
    Thanks for the input all. I am really surprised about all the feedback about dropping Kylo - feel like he is my ace in the pocket after Sid gets knocked out w/ Dooku. Fives & Phasma have the health and are often the last two standing after Kylo...
  • Options
    Im using Phasma(Lead), kylo 6*, lumi, sid and poggle 6*. Finally today I got #1 in arena. :)
  • Options
    I decided to leav the healers (Daka, Lum) alone since I am now able to take 1st with this revised team based on some feedback and building Poe:
    Sid (L)
    Kylo
    Fives
    Poe
    Dooku

This is a great team at 27k+ and I can defeat any team, wherr Poe now gives me the opportunity to do the damage with all others....Everyone on team counter all attacks except Poe and Sid.

One thought, how about making Yoda leader when maxed?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I think Sid is your weak link in that form. I'd consider Poggle instead - he's a little less squishy, although not much. With Poggle, you can Ability block those healers and also, Dooku+Kylo with ATK up is really all offensive power you need. Even Phasma's AOE does decent damage with ATK up.

For the love of God, don't go down the path of fast squishy high attack toons. The meta is changing.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I think Sid is your weak link in that form. I'd consider Poggle instead - he's a little less squishy, although not much. With Poggle, you can Ability block those healers and also, Dooku+Kylo with ATK up is really all offensive power you need. Even Phasma's AOE does decent damage with ATK up.

For the love of God, don't go down the path of fast squishy high attack toons. The meta is changing.

You need to defend this last point. I don't see any nets shifts besides the speed cannons. They'll kill your ranks before they can ramp up
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Go for Speed. Having 4-5 char before your opponent even moves is king

QGJ (l)
    Yoda
    Sid
    Doku
    +x (any of your high 7* chars)
  • Options
    I hear you on Poggle but Sid, though squishy is strong and maintains strength & I kill him pretty easy when faced (for top rank on server). I am a bit concerned about Yoda and when he is fully powered, that he will own all others and he will be a requirement on a top squad.
    I agree that getting QGJ as the leader and buidling Yoda to replace Fives is the ultimate team:
    (L) QGJ
    KYLO
    YODA
    POE
    DOOKU

Now last question: Besides the obvious leader of the team, does the order matter otherwise??
  • Options
    Savage, Sidious, Maul, Kylo Ren, Lord Vader

Everyone besides Maul can out health anyone and ALL are powerful attackers don't even need to go first, yes my Maul usually dies first but if he doesn't then the other squad dies 3x faster
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No point in adding phasma to your group if shes not in leader slot
  • Options
    Lead: Sid
    2nd: QGJ
    3rd: Dooku
    4th: GS
    5th: Poggle

Sid for Crit Chance and DMG
    QGJ: Assist attack and debuffing a POE taunt
    Dooku for stunning opponent QGJ or Yoda or both if you get lucky
    GS Assist DMG
    Poggle Team Buffs and Ability blocking opponents Phasma and/or Poggle or Glass Cannons.
  • Options
    All this hype about Poggle & GS - seems like they are the new popular toons and this fad will pass like others such as Han, Leia, etc. I am facing these teams with Pog/GS but beat them b/c they don't have lasting health. If they are the last few standing, then sure, that is when they come in handy. But again, Kylo, Sid, Dooku (and even Poe) wipe them out right after I attack the Lumis/Reys/Poes/Yodas/Dookus.....

I think a powered up Yoda will run all #1 teams and see the value in QGJ as Leader.

Last question: Besides the obvious leader of the team, does the order matter otherwise??

• Options
    If u wanna keep Kylo/Dooku/Fives in your lineup then you really, REALLY need to run Phasma at leader. I might look to add Daka as a 5th on that team. It's not the best offensive team, but it should be sweet on defense.
  • Options
    In response to JoshG:

Daka = overrated b/c she rarely comes back after being killed or revives another character from my experience in squad arena. Luminara also falls into the overhyped category.

I have used Phasma as leader but doesn't bring much to the table because it's a low percentage of a multiple attack unless they are first order which is only Ren on my squad (FOTP would be OK as well but horrid health and not worthy)....
  • Options
    SteelersCA wrote: »
    Lead: Sid
    2nd: QGJ
    3rd: Dooku
    4th: GS
    5th: Poggle

Sid for Crit Chance and DMG
    QGJ: Assist attack and debuffing a POE taunt
    Dooku for stunning opponent QGJ or Yoda or both if you get lucky
    GS Assist DMG
    Poggle Team Buffs and Ability blocking opponents Phasma and/or Poggle or Glass Cannons.

Haha I'm running this team right now! It's super beast. I haven't leveled my GS speed all the way, so QGJ and GS get offense up assists. Seems to be holding well on defense as well