DS TB Phase 1?

Why are there 4 elites to start this tb in every match? Seems like complete overkill...ain't the same as our light side experience

Replies

• Options
    Yeah the first 3 levels are easy, could be beat by 2* toon considering the phase is for 2* toons. Phase 4 however is ridiculously hard, even for my best dark side toons
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    The devs are aware of the issue and have posted regarding the difficultly of the Dark Side Territory Battle Combat missions as well as the incorrect points being awarded. You can find the response here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145258/dark-side-territory-battle-difficulty-and-points#latest
  • Options
    Yes agreed! what's the best way to talk to the devs cause although I don't have the best Darkside characters or teams the first phase should not be nearly this difficult. This is at least phase 4 or 5 difficulty and the devs should be hearing about this from everybody so they can correct it because something needs to be done... it's like they put lemurs in charge of this rollout SMH
  • Options
    Agreed. I think I went 4/4 on 2 combat missions and 3/4 on one using L85 G11 droids with less than ideal mods. I know the team doesn't really work anymore but they are fairly equivalent to wiggs who pretty much put down in TB up until P5 or so.

On P1 - P3 of LS DS I feel like I can literally put any toons in that are 85 and post g8 and win 6/6 easy peasy. Tuning seems way off on this right now. I can literally auto it on these phases in LS.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Unfortunately, the difficulty cannot be corrected this TB per dev post (emphasis on when it can be corrected added):
    Hiya Holotable Heroes!
    There has been some discussion in the forums around the difficulty of the Dark Side Territory Battle and the number of Territory Points. In particular, we discovered that players are receiving the incorrect number of Territory Points after completing missions.
    Additionally, we are aware that the battles are extremely difficult, particularly in Phase 1 which is unaffected by Platoon Missions. While it was intended to be difficult, there are a number of factors that may be making it too hard, especially in the first few phases. However, we can make changes only after the Territory Battle is complete.
    We will be monitoring the end of the battle very closely and will provide additional information next week about compensating players for any errors we discover as we dig through the results of the first Territory Battle.
    Again, thank you all so very much for your participation and support. Battle on!
  • Options
    Just like game chat, EA are like prudes or something
  • Options
    Love the difficulty scaling. A slope, a knoll, a hill, then mount everest
  • Options
    Guys, it's Thanksgiving. Be happy they put up any response. At least the phase is off and not supposed to be that hard. They know about it and will fix it
  • IAMGROOT1
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hmmmm facinating... so anything negative about the devs is deemed inappropriate... well let me express my dissatisfaction in a different way then, from all indications this dark side TB is going to be quite broken, it is very disappointing to receive a broken product right out of the gate, like opening a box of drinking glasses to find nothing but shattered shards of glass. I hope this post is taken as intended honest and unfortunately negative feedback.
  • Johnoak
    41 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It's cool they make mistakes. I worked it out that I'd be unlocking HY this time round but probably won't now as we won't be getting as many stars as we thought.
  • Options
    Did anyone expect it to go smoothly? If so you haven't been paying attention the last 2 years.
  • Options
    I just hope a lesson was actually learned here
  • Options
    I realise it’s thanksgiving but this is a global game selling to players worldwide, they chosen to launch it today, so they ought to have technical cover.

Everything launched in this games is usually bugged, so I don’t think we’re all that upset. Just disappointed again.
  • Options
    Yeah
    IAMGROOT1 wrote: »
    I just hope a lesson was actually learned here

Yeah... Be prepared to fight. It was tough. Caught me off guard. I tried to wing the Vader mission with my og Vader and some lesser folk and it wasn't happening. I benched a bunch of good ones on that mission. Won't make that mistake again.
  • Options
    I realise it’s thanksgiving but this is a global game selling to players worldwide, they chosen to launch it today, so they ought to have technical cover.

Everything launched in this games is usually bugged, so I don’t think we’re all that upset. Just disappointed again.

Yes! My thoughts expressed much more eloquently than I was going to express them haha. Yes it's thanksgiving so good on them for responding, that's great but they CHOSE to roll this out now so when it's broken and there is a lot of negative feedback, it's kind of a "you reap what you sow" scenario

• Options
    Thanks for sharing the thread, didn't catch it. Need to step up that QA before releases
  • Options
    Orfy wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing the thread, didn't catch it. Need to step up that QA before releases

We ARE qa..... Lol.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I felt great clearing 3 of 3 combat missions I did. Very proud. Then I realized it's only the first phase and got a little sick.

If they see the issue and address it for the second time around, so be it. I just hope it is addressed.

Unless it's related to the map running from right to left, opposite of LS TB, and just gets easier from here.
  • Options
    Guys, it's Thanksgiving. Be happy they put up any response. At least the phase is off and not supposed to be that hard. They know about it and will fix it

yep it was nice they responded. but dont you think they shouldnt have launched a new game mode during a holiday for all of them? especially one that obviously wasnt tested???
  • Options
    Remember when LS TB rolled out?
    1) It was out of whack and they had to fix it.
    2) We had to finish it but they gave compensation.
    3) We moved on and now TB is one of the better parts of the game.
    4) We were all excited about Guild Battles!

Can we skip to that last part again please?