Prev1
I want to zeta Thrawns lead. My current team is:

EP Lead
Vader
zBarriss
Thrawn
zSidious (want to replace with tank)

How do I post link to swgoh.gg

Any thoughts on who could replace zSidious?

Replies

• Options
    Shore Trooper is generally considered the best Empire tank. Kenobi probably the best overall.
  • Options
    Farming Shoretrooper in the Shipment shop have him at 4 stars. Do I need him higher stared?
  • Gawejn
    1139 posts Member
    Options
    Farming Shoretrooper in the Shipment shop have him at 4 stars. Do I need him higher stared?
    Shoretrooper is ok with4 stars, he needs gear minimum 10. There is also second the best empire tank Stormtrooper. This tank under Thrawn zeta lead is just - what to say? ... -:) he cant die ....
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Shoretrooper is ok with4 stars, he needs gear minimum 10. There is also second the best empire tank Stormtrooper. This tank under Thrawn zeta lead is just - what to say? ... -:) he cant die ....

G10 wow, how hard is he/she able to get geared up?
  • Gawejn
    1139 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

G10 wow, how hard is he/she able to get geared up?
    Hm, I dont remember really. You can check swgoh. There is full info. He needs g10 to survive more than one round or two. Rebels are doing big dmg. And Shore with his autotaunt at the begining takes all. Also g10 can give you nice boost from Thrawn and Shore can keep your team alive by heal and crit imunity. But if gear is too low for initial big dmg he cannot serve your team thru healing and protecting from crits.also he gives status efect for whole team which regenerates protection ( if Thrawn is leader and has zeta on lead ability).
  • Options
    I was reading more into shore and the team will go nuts will all the Heals, Protection Regain, and Turn Meter Gain.
  • Gawejn
    1139 posts Member
    Options
    I was reading more into shore and the team will go nuts will all the Heals, Protection Regain, and Turn Meter Gain.

Zeta lead on Thrawn and Shore is good composition. I play Empire in arena and just put zeta on lead. I think this is the reason why i am not falling below top50 in last two days. My rank is like between 20 and 30. During fights my tanks take so much hits from rebels and i can do aoe when i have active taunt. Han zSolo is crazy with his dmg, can easilly one shot Palp, but tank are absorbing his dmg, cls dmg, fulcrum mega dmg, r2 dmg, leia stealthed dmg, wiggs dmg. And they dont die.
  • Options
    for swgoh.gg do I just copy and paste the link or what for people to see my collection?
  • Options
    Pretty much @EnderGamer87, just copy and paste the link.
  • Options
    okay
  • Options
    @EnderGamer87 I think the top tier Empire teams use both Shore AND Storm. (z)Thrawn, Storm, Shore, Palp, and Vader would be your best bet. If you really want to run Empire, farm Death Trooper though. One of the least used, best characters in the entire game. All top-end Empire teams run Death Trooper. :)
  • Options
    as for gearing up, shore is very hard to gear up, needs a lot of mk3 carbanti (if you thought Kenobi needed much,500, shore needs even more,550) stormtrooper is much easier to gear up and also easier to farm.
  • Options
    Stormtrooper sucks everyone on Youtube says that, and I think Shore is easier to gear.
  • Options
    Stormtrooper sucks everyone on Youtube says that, and I think Shore is easier to gear.

If you're only going to run one tank, then yeah, Shore is your best bet. But Stormtrooper is far from "sucks". Shore is one of the most gear-prohibitive characters in the game. Stormtrooper is much easier to gear AND farm. Just depends on your resources. :)
  • Options

Storm sucks as a stand alone tank. In a full empire team the defense bonus makes him a good tank.
  • Options

Storm sucks as a stand alone tank. In a full empire team the defense bonus makes him a good tank.

I wouldnt say good tank:), this bonus makes him undying :). Little too much to say but hard too find tank in this game who can survive three times all cls team counter. Also he has tmr reduction if dmged during taunt, all enemies can slow down a lot. My Storm has the little less prot/ health than Shore but Shore after third counter is always dead. Storm has full health.
  • Options
    Storm + shore together is where storm shines. Also its been a while but i dont think shore was too hard to gear. 5* g10 makes him usuable if you arent on a year + old shard.

Also op, i would strongly suggest working toward a thrawn lead with storm and shore along with 2 best empire dps you have. Dk and dt are considered best. Im doing well with tarkin and tfp while farming them
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Storm + shore together is where storm shines. Also its been a while but i dont think shore was too hard to gear. 5* g10 makes him usuable if you arent on a year + old shard.

Also op, i would strongly suggest working toward a thrawn lead with storm and shore along with 2 best empire dps you have. Dk and dt are considered best. Im doing well with tarkin and tfp while farming them

You can only have 5 Characters per team, the only teams on my shard are like Wedge teams, Nihilius, RG/Storm leads (yes you read that right), and NS without Talzin, Zombie, and Ghost. I need EP for stun and shock, Vader for DPS, Thrawn for cleansing, TM, and Fracture, and zBarriss so I can survive, I did do zSid but that isn’t the best.
  • Options
    Yeah 5...not sure why you pointed that out...

Anyway you're clearly on a much younger shard, all i can do is point in the direction of the end game (granted it may change before you get there)
  • Options
    Oh btw i zetad thrawns unique first... Worked out well for me. Lead is good to tho. Good luck!
  • Options

You can only have 5 Characters per team, the only teams on my shard are like Wedge teams, Nihilius, RG/Storm leads (yes you read that right), and NS without Talzin, Zombie, and Ghost. I need EP for stun and shock, Vader for DPS, Thrawn for cleansing, TM, and Fracture, and zBarriss so I can survive, I did do zSid but that isn’t the best.

Shore + storm will give you surviveability. If you need Barriss til you get them geared up, fine, but she doesn't fit on the Empire teams used at the top of the arena. Thrawn is your lead. The next 2 spots are for DPS. The most common toons used here are DK and DT. If you need to use EP and Vader until you get them geared up, fine, but those are toons rarely seen in this composition at the top of the arena.
  • Options
    Sorry, but only cheap people run Barris. Inside joke. Run shore in place of Barris ples
  • Options
    I will get Storm, I hope I don’t regret it.
  • Options
    How would I Mod them?
  • Gawejn
    1139 posts Member
    Options
    How would I Mod them?
    I play with fast tanks so I mod Shore with speed set. Arrow speed, rest is obvious protection cross triangle and circle. As much prot health speed secondary. Storm the same. Shore is 197 and Storm (dont remember exactly) close to 190.
  • Gawejn
    1139 posts Member
    Options

I thinkYou need first Shoretrooper. If You plan to use Palp he could be protected from rebels combo by taunt of Shore. Palp is low prot health so needs this initial taunt. This is my expierience. Also if You play against NS Shore can heal team. This is role of Shore. Storm is meat wall but i think that in some scenarios he wont be better than Shore. Think about this. Also I used Vader but if You can change him to Tarkin or Tfp.
  • Options
    Is Thrawn or Krennic better to zeta as a leader for Empire? There's a team on my shard right, #3, Thrawn lead with Krennic Deathtrooper Shoretrooper and Stormtrooper, all gear 12. Would love that team. I wish Shore would get a little more love than a single hard node.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/4luqnJYuywU Rank 1 with this team/ sometimes DH instead of TFP
  • Options
    I'm a fan of precicely none of these compositions.
    I've been running an empire team for a loooooong time. First a vader lead, then palp, then back to vader, then krennic, back to vader, now to thrawn. Haven't looked back since i unlocked. I vote use either Shore OR storm, not both.
    Shore sucks to farm. Big time. Storm is easy as hell to farm. If you have shore, use him. If not, farm stormtrooper until your shore is unlocked. That having been said, i held #1 daily with a 4* shore for 3 months before taking him to 5*. He has naturally high protection and HP, so its easy to make him solid as a rock; i just recently pulled mine to 7* gear 12...before that i was at 5* g11 for ages; 28k hp, 65k protection, 35% armor, 24% critical avoidance.
    That last one is important. You'll see why if you watch the videos below. Shore doesn't start with crit avoidance, so your first rounds of AOE retaliate can be deadly without it, and you only lose out on about 7k protection. Its a fair tradeoff IMO.
    Anyway, the problem with 2 tanksis your damage output is trash. Yes, it's easier to work around your tanks, but i prefer the firepower of tarkin in lieu of a 2nd tank. Especially since tarkins abilities allow me to heavily leverage AOE, and also hit enemies behind a taunt. Most importantly, tarkin is great at ability-cycling, and between tarkin, krennic, death trooper, and shore, i can keep thrawn taunting literally 100% of the time. This alows me to lock out an enemy as long as i need too. And as soon as the 1st one dies, deathmark takes over.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17gMDiL3XGCCT8B-i6mdhDEew1b2IbvoJ/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FZrMte2nB_iecqSNkRzdjMJuU6rrGOG-/view?usp=drivesdk