Some overall feedback

I've spent some money in the past. I've put my spending on hold recently. Let me explain why.

In response to complaints recently, an EA employee discussed the feeling of pride and accomplishment. Let's view that idea in the current game.

With HAAT, guilds worked together and progressed towards a goal. There was something tangible to gain. There was an actual sense of accomplishment when it was completed.

With TB, that same feeling just isn't there. Getting the extra star might be a little. But, the gains are so little that it doesn't provide that same feeling. Additionally, the farming required to get that extra little bit has now been completely negated by poor development decisions. Releasing DS TB was WAY ahead of schedule and terrible for everyone involved. You don't have enough DS characters to make it work. You clearly didn't have time to test it. We are just about to get to the point we can put together platoons in LS. Now, we can't finish those off because we need to shift focus to DS. We didn't have ANY time to get characters ready to handle the special events. When you last asked for feedback, I pointed out TB would have been a complete flop if swgoh hadn't bailed you out of a ton of terrible development decisions. They can't save you this time. DS is a flop in every way. There simply aren't rewards that make up for the lost ROLO shards and terrible experience DS has provided.

Yes, you've realized there's an issue. But, "we can't do anything for six days. Skip our game entirely or have a miserable experience until then" is NOT an acceptable response. You'd have been better off just cancelling the TB once you realized just how poorly you had tested it. The response from the devs here shows a complete lack of empathy.

I had considered making purchases to prepare for Jedi Rey. Putting both characters in a 16-energy node using the same energy was heartless, at best. Running the math, that will require 27000-30000 energy to successfully farm both given typical RNG. Let's put that into context. It'll cost $150 to get the characters required to unlock Jedi Rey. Alternatively, you can buy the Xbox One S for $180.

So, you've halved the rewards to decimate any feeling of accomplishment people could have gained from their work. You've added so much content that you think we want, ignoring that non-stop content means burnout. There's a time commitment here that you're simply not considering.

Yes, you made GW easier (after over a year of feedback saying it was absurd). Yes, 2minute refreshes on challenges are nicer than 10. Yes, you dropped the missions from 6 waves to 4 (although you increased the first phase from 2 to 3 missions meaning we still have 12 waves to work through). But, none of these matter when you're still required to play an hour+ daily just to fall behind.

I see the writing on the wall. There's no value for me at all spending on this game. With the state the game is currently in, $1 for Jedi Rey would be too much. Why? There's a good chance that myself, and many I've chosen to play with, won't be around when Jedi Rey is released. I've got a life outside of this game and it's about time I start giving it more attention and spending less time with my phone. There's no accomplishment in this game. Just disappointment.

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    +1 to everything except time-sink issues. I’ve always believed it’s everyone’s individual prerogative to decide how much time they invest in this game, and therefore determine how many rewards they reap. Your points on proportionate monetary value and difficulty ratings, the concept of business model pushing content out unnecessarily quickly and sloppily, and inconvenience of the ability to prepare for such released events from the player’s side however, I completely understand and agree.

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    If this were a purely individual game, I'd agree with the idea that "more content means you can pick and choose what you do and get rewards as a result." (paraphrased)

Here's where that falls apart with the game's setup. All of the end game content is guild based. You can't pick and choose or you'll be leaving 49 other people hanging. At some point, they'll replace you. It's very unlikely you'll find a guild that completely ignores DS TB and TW while still reaching the level you're interested in competing at LS TB. That means you're required to endure those as well to play what you'd like. (The same is true if you're interested in any of the three, but not all three)

With the way the game is modeled, you really don't have that choice. You can choose all or none because the effort required to maintain a guild that's only interested in a subset will push you above the time commitment to put up with the poorly released content and massive time sink created by a non-stop schedule.