About DS Platoons...

Thor_Odinson1
1995 posts Member
edited November 2017
I thought the platoons were curated for the first several phases, so why are there so many Tie Fighter Pilots needed? We need our TFPs to beat combat missions.

Reduce the number of toons needed in platoons for DS by 3 per squad. There are 15 more LS toons than DS, which means there are more to draw from and less frequency for individual ones. Until you balance out DS with LS, you cannot pretend like these platoons are ok. We simply have fewer available options for our DS squads than we do LS squads, so you cannot take one of the best characters from half the guild and expect it to fly.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This doesn't bother me, compared to the other issues...

I'd accept harder battles, by not maxing platoons, but use my best toons.

What I think we need is:
    Mod change cost removed
    Mod set swaps
    Balanced DS TB
    Real TP gain calculated
    More than just 4 days break between TBs.

I see more and more players leaving the game.
    You could remove the bonus energy that can be collected on three different times. Give us one free cantina refresh instead and two normal refreshes.
    Rancor solo is rank 1. Period.
    Give us only one DS and only one LS TB.
    Fill the 'days off' with a smaller amount of GES-tokens and crystals:
    Less time consuming and free stuff, could keep the players.

Increase some drop rates:
    Cantina shards
    Hard nodes
    Lower and mid gear (including carbs, cuffs, guns,...)

Challenges:
    Remove the complete timer and let us sim all at once (also with better drops)

Remove the 1.5mil credits rewards from credit heist, or give us a higher tier.

Let us swipe through the enemies, when we want to battle in arena.... I don't want to spend 20mins every day with 10000 unnecessary taps on my smartphone because of that.

• Options
    DT got crushed also
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DT got crushed also

Yup. Lots of RGs in there too although he isn't as important.
  • Options
    theHejiN wrote: »
    What I think we need is:
    Mod change cost removed
    Mod set swaps
    Both of those can be solved by just farming more mods. Not every character needs tippy-topmost arena sets. Just equip those jank greens you normally sell and put them on the characters you don't normally use.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    theHejiN wrote: »
    What I think we need is:
    Mod change cost removed
    Mod set swaps
    Both of those can be solved by just farming more mods. Not every character needs tippy-topmost arena sets. Just equip those jank greens you normally sell and put them on the characters you don't normally use.

This. Don't believe in mod swap, just farm more mods. I just don't move mods att all. Don't think you'll only need 5 mods for a126 toons rooster
  • Options
    Then mod swap tool just isn't used in the late game. I'm okay with that. It's just a tool, to make life easier.
    Normally I only play with 5 toons. Maybe pilots and squad arena are well modded, because they are in use defensively.
    Nothing wrong with having this tool and Not using it, if you don't have to.
    Same with Sim tickets and 4x speed. Some just like to play on x1 speed...
  • Options
    Mod swap tool would be great. A very helpful tool, yes.

But I still stand by my statement that the long term solution is to farm more mods and stop throwing away jank.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    guys, stop thread hyjacking ;)
    DS platoons are a pain for sure!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    guys, stop thread hyjacking ;)
    DS platoons are a pain for sure!

Thank you Leef!
  • Options
    While the sheer number of characters is disproportionate, the quality is also unbalanced.

We can't pretend that First Order is on par with Resistance.
    We can't pretend that Empire is on par with Rebels.
    Sith may be better overall than Jedi, but Jedi have GK, Ezra, Bariss, JKA, QGJ, and a handful of other decent Jedi that create better squads than the best Sith squad (in my opinion, in terms of functionality).
    Droids are okay, but to me they don't seem built for the marathon of phase after phase (plus without BB8 or Jawa Engineer, or even Lobot, they're kinda lacking).

Yeah, Dark Side has Nightsisters, but who other than that crazy guy in your guild has a good team of those?

Then you have all the throwaway characters like General Grievous, Gamo Guard, Dengar, Mob Enforcer, Tuskens, Nute Gunray, and the Geonosians that are just rubbish.

Ultimately, the platoons calling for some of the best characters (TFP) over and over is a bit ridiculous...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm... This sounds like something that was predicted to happen when many were happy about and asking for DS TB. ;)

Same kitten different side get them characters built up to ride the platoons.