Is the 525k credits pack worth it?

bigspring78
99 posts Member
edited February 2016
If you, for instance, are like me and have a bottleneck of toons that need to be taken to level 70 and/or starred up all at the same time..

Is the 525k credits pack worth it? 67 votes

Yes
19%
CobratatVampire_XRavageYojeVawreeSlythRinnSmithieEricKTheReal_Mol_Eliza1CookieCrisppWatanabieGooseyVavasourSJUguy99 13 votes
No
80%
Inhumanesnow6QeltarDaeghaaJ7000Amish_AcedarksideStevoPoerliDeathSSlayerVarlieBerdilioKonaEhukaiCrymsonkyngDarthMasterShawnRogan_Ban84RonTomThomasLyleMasterOneHitScorpion1980mosdefinitely 54 votes

Replies

• Options
    No
    Nope. It never has been. Maybe if they gave a better payout for the same crystals it would be.
  • Options
    If "no", what's the general consensus on how to get like 3.5m credits? Just be patient?
  • Options
    No
    If "no", what's the general consensus on how to get like 3.5m credits? Just be patient?

Beat galactic war and use crystals on squad cantina energy
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    It's really the only way to get a lot of fast credits since they removed the key card battles. Galactic war would be a slower alternative.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No
    Every single time one of these is purchased, what you are telling CG is: "That new credit event was a smart move."
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I know, I can't believe I actually MISS keycard battles...
  • Options
    No
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    It's really the only way to get a lot of fast credits since they removed the key card battles. Galactic war would be a slower alternative.

For nearly 600 crystals you are approaching 700 which is the cost to refresh cantina energy 3 times. At 30 battles, 12 each, that's 5k x 30 equalling 150k. That plus all the squad cantina currency you get, which is way more important than credits. With GW you'll net like 600k a day.
  • Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No
    GW nets about 450k credits for a full clear. Bounty hunter event happens 3x/week for another 250k. That's over 2m credits per week if you clear everything...more than enough to level 5-6 toons.

Even if you can't clear GW or are not max level, you can still make 1M+ credits per week. Key is to only focus on about 5 toons at a time.
  • Options
    I know, I can't believe I actually MISS keycard battles...

I guess EA figured by removing them it would be a good way to get people to spend money to get credits. There's no other logical reason for them to have been removed and replaced with the inferior event challenges that are a complete waste of energy.
  • Options
    No
    Truth is no it is not. Reality is that sometimes it is necessary and worth it in the situation.

Take for instance you are at a movie. You buy a Soda that is $5, totally not worth it, but you were thirsty and wanted a drink during the movie.

Another example you are at the hockey game. Emotions are high, excitement high. You want a beer to celebrate the good time $10. No way is it worth it, but it is in the situation to you.

Same with the pack. That is, given how much training and Starring costs, that is not remotely worth it, however if you really don't want to wait and need the boost, it is worth it in that moment.
  • Options
    No
    I've done it twice early on but will never do it again , absolute waste of precious crystals. Just have to be patient.
  • Options
    No
    GW nets about 450k credits for a full clear. Bounty hunter event happens 3x/week for another 250k. That's over 2m credits per week if you clear everything.

This. Clearing GW is less than 100k under the crystal pack. Drop 300 crystals on 2 cantina refreshes on 6 Hard - run 'em 20 times (10 times twice) @ 5k credits each time and you are over 550k total in credits for half the crystals (450k for GW + 100k for 20 hard level 6 cantina). PLUS the added bonus of 20 shots at shards + purple ability mats AND 420 cantina credits.

Nope - not even close.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes as you can get more and get x2 & x3 credit chances
  • Options
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    LeoRavus wrote: »

For nearly 600 crystals you are approaching 700 which is the cost to refresh cantina energy 3 times. At 30 battles, 12 each, that's 5k x 30 equalling 150k. That plus all the squad cantina currency you get, which is way more important than credits. With GW you'll net like 600k a day.

That's assuming you can even complete the GW. When I finally unlocked Sidius I needed over 1m to get him to level 62, and still needed credits to level up my main characters. Even at those high levels I struggled to beat all those Jawas in the DS 5-K battles.

A lot of people here are vets with maxed out characters where everything is easy. The way EA has changed things up people on lower levels are going to have a frustrating experience that'll either take much more time or actual money.
  • Options
    No
    Smithie wrote: »
    Yes as you can get more and get x2 & x3 credit chances

Never seen it happen, never will try again. Not worth it.
  • Options
    No
    It's still far more efficient to drop 100+200 crystals each day for two days on Cantina refreshes and be patient for the rest. Someone else here calculated that you can make about 4.5mil a week easy without spending or the energy refreshes.
  • Options
    No
    KonaEhukai wrote: »
    Nope. It never has been. Maybe if they gave a better payout for the same crystals it would be.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    No
    Absolutely . I kind of started that way but quickly saw the light , I really mean my wife showed it to me lol . But I still buy crystals
  • Options
    Depends on what you consider 'worth it''. If you're short on credits and want to level someone up, and don't need the crystals more for something else, then sure, go for it. If, as others have said, you'd rather spend the crystals on cantina refreshes and be patient, go that route.
  • Options
    No
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    Depends on what you consider 'worth it''. If you're short on credits and want to level someone up, and don't need the crystals more for something else, then sure, go for it. If, as others have said, you'd rather spend the crystals on cantina refreshes and be patient, go that route.

Fair enough. It may be "worth it" to you...but it's a really, really, very, very, very bad value. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No
    I just ran the math on about how many credits I should be receiving a week with normal farming habits for me.

Basically I am completing GW every day and that is a the largest part of this. I recently switched to an arena team with a little lower power, but better synergies and it made my GW significantly easier.

Galactic war is approximately 450000 credits per day therefore 3150000 per week.
    Bounty hunter challenge is only tier IV as I'm currently level 68 and that is 83300each time I do it. That means 749700 per week. Next is squad arena prize per day. I receive 30000 per day there so another 210000. Currently that is 4109700 per week.

Here is where it gets tricky. If I am available to hit all the bonus energy and 50-50-100-100 refreshes every day I can do approximately 600 levels per week at 10 energy each. The reward in credits for each is 1440. Therefore the return from that is 864000. Finally in cantina, using one refresh per day, I can do about 105 levels at 12 energy each, again not level 69 so can't do stage six. I don't know if stage 6 has a higher return on energy I would assume it does. These 105 tries net 4500 each which comes out to 472500 credits for the week.

GW 3150000
    BH 749700
    A 210000
    LS/DS 864000
    C 472500

Total 5446200

Should be enough to promote and level main squad plus a few others. That being said I have fallen victim to buying the credit pack, but have hit the multipliers a few times. They don't multiply the full amount by two or three times. They assign 8 cards at 65625 each and you have the chance of multiplying each of those by two or three.

• Options
    Thanks for the great assessment, all. You all have made it very easy for me not to pull the trigger on this. :)