GW is too hard for lower levels now (no joke)

Prev1
I'm just shy of 70 and Galactic War has become frustratingly hard as of the recent patch. I used to clear 12/12 95% of the time before, now I'm lucky to do 9/12.

Here's the problem:
Before the patch, the only threatening nodes were 6, 9 and then maybe 11 and 12. You had weak nodes inbetween so you were able to "save" some cooldowns, heal up, that kind of stuff.

After the patch though?
It's completely random and you get hard nodes right from the beginning. I've had a full 80++ team on node 1. And it just continues like that. Constant barrage of level ~80 or even slightly above teams on the majority of nodes. There is no room to breathe anymore, it just wears out my teams and by the time I reach node 9 I'm already scraping by. And that's despite multiple retreats and trying to get through nodes with minimal losses and damage received.

I don't know what exactly you did, but whatever it is, you made GW extremely brutal for people who are not at the level cap. If that wasn't your intention I'd like to see you change that back.

Replies

• Options
    Get used to it. We have been there before. No need to change anything. GW is perfect atm.

How is it perfect? Did you even read my post?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Get used to it. We have been there before. No need to change anything. GW is perfect atm.

This. At least now you know there's a light at the end of the tunnel...and it's not just the oncoming train of 5 golden ringed meta teams from node 6 on.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Pay no mind to the others, they aren't in the same situation as you are. They complained when GW wasn't favourable for them just like you are complaining now.
    Problem with GW is that the devs aren't capable of fixing it for all lvl players, they never were able and they never will be able by the looks of it. So when they say "it's perfect now", they just mean it's perfect for them, not that GW in it's entirety is perfect. It's possible you'd think GW is perfect aswell if you were in their shoes.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    There are many reports that a Phoenix team is able to clean GW. Perhaps its their way to push everyone to Phoenix
  • Options
    It's broken! I managed to get to lv7 today. Furthest for a week.
  • Options
    Go sith bro, nihilus squads destroy GW
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Im level 52 and Im getting a lot of too strong poor teams.

I would prefer weaker well put together teams with synergy similar to my arena competition.

Faced Hera (from phoenix) led team with Lando, Captain Phasma, snowtrooper and dooku this morning. Yes it was tough they were all level 67/68 but it didn't make sense.
  • Options
    No dev has even admitted that something changed. They still say it only changed for lvl 85s which is clearly untrue.
  • Shezzofreen
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hmmm, GW can sometimes be hard, especially when you climb very fast & high in your Arena-Rank, also there is a huge amount of RNG involved when the teams for GW are selected, so i would not point at Evil-Devs who wanna screw the lil'ones, but moreso of bad luck on your side.

I've got a 1.8gm Main-Account and a 700k Alt. It's "easier" for my Main-Account because i have more Tools at my disposal, if i had only the two "real teams" of my Alt, i maybe would come in trouble sometimes.

TL;DR:
    My guess: You've got bad luck & u'r outperforming in the Arena

• Options
    You totally missed what we're talking about. There used to be easy nodes in between the tough ones, now we are getting stuck on 7 or 8, even 1 is noticeably harder. It has nothing to do with any changes to my roster or playing style. It happened the same day the changes were made to make it easier on the people who did over pump their arena teams.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    1. You just can't please everyone
    2. By design, it is not supposed to be completeable every day for lower levels
    3. Once you have a deep roster, you will complete it every day
    4. Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, stop asking the devs to change this
    5. At some point, every one of us struggled with GW, and then, at some other point, we stopped; you will eventually be able to do it every day
  • Options
    @freshprince19888: Even before the patch it often happend that one of the easy nodes where harder than usual. It depended if the RNG was clever enough to find a somewhat low-profile counter team, but the synergy was so good, that the easy fight could become a real brawl.

How about some hard facts? What is your GM, Arean Rank, general GM, level - what team was on the other side (which toons, lvl, mods, ... screeny perhaps?).

I don't know you, maybe you're a Vet and have plenty of expierence and this is your 3rd Alt or maybe this is your first & main-account and you kinda had no clue, that every gm-node can be hard as heck sometimes.

Annyhooo .. best of luck! :)

• Options
    My 3rd alt. Lvl 59, top of arena. Im a hard vet. Before the update have been cleaning all nodes without a prblem. After the update i rarely manage to get to node 9or 10. Node 6 i usually face a team 20 levels higher.
    There is little you can do with lvl 59 toons vs lvls 77 or 79. And a couple gear levels higher.
    Definitely broken
  • Options
    I just love devs ignorance
  • Options
    zankioh wrote: »
    I'm just shy of 70 and Galactic War has become frustratingly hard as of the recent patch. I used to clear 12/12 95% of the time before, now I'm lucky to do 9/12.

Here's the problem:
    Before the patch, the only threatening nodes were 6, 9 and then maybe 11 and 12. You had weak nodes inbetween so you were able to "save" some cooldowns, heal up, that kind of stuff.

After the patch though?
    It's completely random and you get hard nodes right from the beginning. I've had a full 80++ team on node 1. And it just continues like that. Constant barrage of level ~80 or even slightly above teams on the majority of nodes. There is no room to breathe anymore, it just wears out my teams and by the time I reach node 9 I'm already scraping by. And that's despite multiple retreats and trying to get through nodes with minimal losses and damage received.

I don't know what exactly you did, but whatever it is, you made GW extremely brutal for people who are not at the level cap. If that wasn't your intention I'd like to see you change that back.

You will get there. Personally I went several months without winning, made it to 9-11 and then faced the titans of the game, gear 12 7* CLS, thrawn, Gen Ken, ect. I know the frustration. Since they fixed it I have won consistently. I recommend that sith team with Nihilus lead. I also recommend Wedge lead, biggs, R2, CLS and Jyn. IF you have them, of course.
  • Options
    Will get there? I was already there, and they took it away by accident and won't admit it.
  • Options
    Will get there? I was already there, and they took it away by accident and won't admit it.

so you will get there again. before my several months of not winning, I had 31 wins under my belt. Now I'm at 48. Unless you feel the need to pony up some serious cash, then you'll probably have to wait your turn now like the rest of us did.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

so you will get there again. before my several months of not winning, I had 31 wins under my belt. Now I'm at 48. Unless you feel the need to pony up some serious cash, then you'll probably have to wait your turn now like the rest of us did.

cash has never been the sollution for GW. It scales, so spending cash doesn't guarantee you'll be able to finish since your opponents get stronger aswell.
  • Options
    Ive spent a few hundred. I have a 7* rey and a bunch of other chars. But all the character in the game are useless when i face a team like that
  • SW_moskva
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    https://image.ibb.co/kXTCjb/S71209_01490031.jpg

Im level 59. That nihilus has more health than 4 of my arena toons combined. My best attacker, 7* rey hits him for 3k damage max. His attack deals 10k damage. It practically one shots any of my toons
  • Options
    While I sympathise with op, GW is forever changing. To be honest I’m not even sure who does like it. Or should I say, who is it supposed to reward/ benefit?

Low level players struggle, and they need the rewards most. While high end players just auto it. Long time vet player like myself just need to put in 5 G11 modded toons and press auto. No challenge; no fun and ironically nothing to use the GW currency on other than shard store.
  • Options
    I'm a new player to this game and I detest GW. I enjoy the rest of the game enough to keep trying in GW but it is by far the worst part of the game so far. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind challenging, but impossible is a more accurate description of my experience so far and the rewards don't seem to match up with the difficulty.

So far GW has felt like a message from EA that goes something like this "If you're a new player don't bother"
  • Options

Because you haven't been at the top you don't know how much worse it could be.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    1. You just can't please everyone
    2. By design, it is not supposed to be completeable every day for lower levels
    3. Once you have a deep roster, you will complete it every day
    4. Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, stop asking the devs to change this
    5. At some point, every one of us struggled with GW, and then, at some other point, we stopped; you will eventually be able to do it every day

Riiiiight.... buuuuuut.... I have 840k GP and I don't have that "deeper" roster (just 2 decent 7* teams g-lvl 8+ teams). Basically all you said was that by the time we are powerful enough to complete it, it will be completemy pointless to do...

I haven't been able to complete GW almost at all since the the last GW update (2-3 times in the last 2 weeks or more). And before the update I was doing 2 completions out of 3.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Because you haven't been at the top you don't know how much worse it could be.
    well, you haven't been in his situation either, so you don't know either.
  • Options
    OP, just be patient, it will be easy one day relatively soon.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Guys. My 2 last gws were back to normal diffculty.

I dont know if it has been devs fixing if somthing. Or the following actions had helped.
    Ive removed all other google accounts from my phone except my lvl60 account. Reinstalled the game. Restarted GW. Voila. Normal difficulty.
    It is possible that when you login with your level85 account, GW permanently breaks to the lvl85 difficulty for all accs on the device
  • Shezzofreen
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Some people considering dancing, naked, under a full moon helps with getting Zeta.

Dude, i don't wanna be rude or make fun of you, but you got really hard hit by RNG. Or bad coding, whatever you like calling it. ;)