Unusual friend requests

Benr3600
1098 posts Member
edited February 2016
The last couple days I have been getting ally requests from 5*-7* leaders with grey gear levels. Yes their gear is lvl 1. Maybe these people are the ones causing precipitous falls in arena rankings lately? A very simple defense recap would indicate this, along with offer 1,001 other helpful things...

Edited.
Post edited by FashionFett on

Replies

• Options
    I had that for a few days too. It passed
  • Options
    Surprise, surprise; I log in at 6:10 to get my arena award, I am ranked #233. 20 minutes later, I am down to #272...and this pops up:
    Screenshot_2016-02-19-18-30-52_zpsx1cxjb0o.png

What the hell is this, and what is going on?!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Surprise, surprise; I log in at 6:10 to get my arena award, I am ranked #233. 20 minutes later, I am down to #272...and this pops up:

That just means that that player attacked you and beat you and sent a friend request. Thats normal
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »

That just means that that player attacked you and beat you and sent a friend request. Thats normal

I have been doing it wrong, then. I have been devoting resources to advancing gear and abilities. Running no leader ability and 12,500 power squads are the new meta to counter the 25,000 power speed leader meta
  • Options
    Lvl 69 JC leader in lvl 1 gear lol
  • Options
    That's just a visual glitch man. Nothing to worry about. Sometimes one of my level 70 allies suddenly shows up as a level 24 green gear character in the ally list.
    AFAIK, ally requests have never shown the correct gear level.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »

Maybe it just doesn't show the purple gear
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That's just a visual glitch man. Nothing to worry about. Sometimes one of my level 70 allies suddenly shows up as a level 24 green gear character in the ally list.
    AFAIK, ally requests have never shown the correct gear level.

Are you positive? I have never seen an ally with lower gear or power after adding them. Also, this particular JC has 2800 power and all lvl 1 abilities. So it is a massive coincidence this has only statted happening when my formidable, meta arena teams start precipitously falling in rank?
  • Options
    When i sent a friend an ally request, what popped up was an image of my level 45 4* Boba who I never use. Instead of my 7* Level 70 Sid. I have no idea who they choose in these images
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Yes i am completly sure its normal.

1) its been confirmed many times that who is represeted as someones leader can be innacurate in this way.
    2) also remember that the player perhaps beat you then ran a low lvl cantina mission (or a suicide squad run in GW) with a scrub team and im fairly certain that ones leader is the last used leader they had set
  • Options

Hahaha, that's just a glitch. Paranoid much? Your toons are safe.
  • Options
    It's a glitch. My fully geared Lumi showed up as a Gear level 1 toon to my friend.
  • Options
    I got a request from a guy showing a 6* Luminara. The guy didn't have Luminara. I saw a post once where a guy was borrowing heroes from his alt account that his alt didn't have. Bugs.
  • Options
    Definitely a glitch. I got a request from someone showing the same ungeared image, but once I added them, it showed purple gear in my allies list.
  • Options
    I just got a request from a 4* lvl 70 Chewie with no ability upgrades. Glad to see it's not just me.