Is yoda really bad?

Just faced a 7* yoda in the arena and qgj with lumi assist wiped him out on my second turn. I thought it would be a little more challenging to beat the great grandmaster yoda. Severely dissapointing

Replies

• Options
    He's just piloted poorly by the AI. If they reprogram his actions, he'll be starting on a lot more teams.

Solid on offense - poor on defense. Kinda like a 7* Vader would be
  • Options
    I guess I'll hold judgement. Just thought with how hard he is to acquire at 7* he would be a little well more.
  • Options
    He's very good in the hands of a human. The AI in this game is worse than what a middle schooler could come up with in her spare time, so it does stupid things like wasting his turn meter reduction special on someone irrelevant, and it always waits too long to use Battle Meditation (which is best used as his first action in most cases).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I just fought him in arena and instead of his basic, which gets him foresight, he used his AOE first. He died quickly then, so it' s really the AI messing him up.
  • Options
    He is Great fun to play with but does suck on AI control. Wait till you fight a kylo, Sid, bobba team with him! So fun!!!!!
  • Options
    He seems pretty easy to farm. Rey and FOTP are harder to get. Plus you get to level and star him for free with the rewards. I'd say he takes as long as QGJ, since it's easy to get the other 4 Jedi to 7*
  • Options
    I would expect them to fix his AI behavior before the next Yoda event. If not ppl will not waste resources and the event will be an epic FAIL. So, they MUST fix him if they want the next character event to be a success.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I like Yoda. But he's definitely a novelty character. Wouldn't use in my A team lineup. Way too squishy. But his abilities are so much fun! XD
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    I would expect them to fix his AI behavior before the next Yoda event. If not ppl will not waste resources and the event will be an epic FAIL. So, they MUST fix him if they want the next character event to be a success.

I hope so. He's a serious threat when he puts his foresight up. Dooku stun + Yoda foresight up + Poe taunt could lead to the whole team getting foresight on turn two if the enemy is lacking AOE

Right now he just gets chopped in half after his first move of the game
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

I hope so. He's a serious threat when he puts his foresight up. Dooku stun + Yoda foresight up + Poe taunt could lead to the whole team getting foresight on turn two if the enemy is lacking AOE

I've been trying to use my new Yoda doing Masterstroke first to capture the positive status from the opponent, then on his next turn do Battle Meditation to give those green icons to the rest of my team. Problem is, you may wait a turn to have your opponent get their positive status up. So by the time his 3rd turn comes around, he might be dead. I think if the other team has Savage Oppress and you hit him first, Yoda can capture his effects so you could save a turn. I've used him in GW in the early stages. I suppose if you use Meditation on his second turn, then your team could get tenacity up but that's about it. Maybe it would be good enough to last a couple of rounds.

So, do you do Meditation early on or do Master stroke instead?

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    MufasaBigD wrote: »
    l3end3r wrote: »

I've been trying to use my new Yoda doing Masterstroke first to capture the positive status from the opponent, then on his next turn do Battle Meditation to give those green icons to the rest of my team. Problem is, you may wait a turn to have your opponent get their positive status up. So by the time his 3rd turn comes around, he might be dead. I think if the other team has Savage Oppress and you hit him first, Yoda can capture his effects so you could save a turn. I've used him in GW in the early stages. I suppose if you use Meditation on his second turn, then your team could get tenacity up but that's about it. Maybe it would be good enough to last a couple of rounds.

So, do you do Meditation early on or do Master stroke instead?

Do his basic attack first to get forsight. Then meditation to give your whole team forsight. Then everyone has a first hit shield.

If someone like old Ben is in the line up. You meditation first. Old bens mind trick will not effect anyone.

If droid team with poe. That's when I master stroke poe to try to reduce his turn meter by 40%.
  • Options
    Every arena squad seems to have Phasma and Poggle (including mine) but now I've swapped them out for Yoda and either another high damage attacker, healer or tank with taunt (to help keep Yoda alive that bit longer). I reckon Yoda is awesome!
  • Options
    You guys realize you can get him to tier 9 gear. I have a 7* Yoda with almost 6000 power. He hits like a truck