Suggestions for next farm.

Prev1
Hello everyone,

Almost have Ezra at 7 stars (49/100) from cantina, working on all phoenixes on each possible shipment except for Sabine.

My question is who to farm next? My current arena squad consists of boba, land, STHan, ezra, and lumi.

I have TERRIBLE dark side characters and I'm currently level 67. I know Wedge comes available at level 69 in cantina, so should I just skip over any potential darkside characters and just go directly to Wedge like I normally planned?

Phoenix btw is great for early level GW. :wink: Even with Kanan at 4 stars and Chopper at 5.

Replies

• Options
    Wedge is a strong character that will assist your progression, as well as a useful character for building a Rebel team for AAT (probably the easiest raid team to build is a P2/P4 Rebels team).

On top of that, if your guild is like mine, you guys probably run into a Platoon situation where they're calling for 2 Wedges in every platoon, so your guild will likely thank you there as well.

• Options
    Should the lack of dark side characters be an issue for me? It feels like so many of the greats are acquired through getting lightside or they're so hard to obtain!
  • Options
    Omnixent wrote: »
    Should the lack of dark side characters be an issue for me? It feels like so many of the greats are acquired through getting lightside or they're so hard to obtain!

I'd definitely start throwing together an Empire team for the sake of getting R2D2. If you have the option, putting together a good Empire Squad that doubles as a decent Dark Side Territory battle team would be ideal (something like a Trooper squad, including Veers, perhaps.)

Alternately, If your Phoenix team is good enough to get you Emperor Palpatine and Thrawn, you've already got a great start there. You'll probably get Vader up in stars as you go too, just be sure to keep an eye out for him in the Fleet Shop. With those three and a couple other easily farmed Empire characters, you'd have a good start on Dark Side. (You can farm Tarkin from Arena and Stormtrooper from Cantina Shop, or Magmatrooper in GW Shop, though I'd recommend Stormtrooper over Magmatrooper, personally).
  • Options
    I have Vader at 5, Tarkin at 4, Snowtrooper at 4 for some reason...?, Royal Guard, Magma, and Tie Fighter Pilot.

I'll go for Stormtrooper once I finish up Chopper. Thank you.

Any idea on who the next legendary character will be or an order in which they might come? It sucks I can't get five star Thrawn this time around even though I'm so close. Just behind on Kanan since I went for StHan to 7
  • Options
    CLS is soon to come, hopefully R2 might come around as well, and yoda will be a couple days from today, palpatine 3 weeks after.
    I think it is more efficient for you to get palpatine more than any other, just for getting 7star R2.
    If you have 7star thrawn that would be perfect, but if you don't, try palpatine vader snow tarkin storm tfp rg
    I currently have 7star vader, tarkin, tfp, rg, /and storm at 95/85 shards (lack credits to 6star), palpatine at 5stars
    They are all 'decent', but not as good as rebels such as chaze, wiggs, etc.

definitely go for wedge along with some empires for r2, and for cls.
  • Options
    ps. palpatine is critical for F2P players when it comes to getting R2 7stars.
    Because many empires are very hard to come by actually, and heard tier 7 is extremely difficult without palp for earlystage f2p gamers like me.
  • Options
    After that if you love empire, go for deathtrooper, he is a nobrainer in events and arena. because terminate skill inflicts deathmark which is basically similar to expose+fixed target, with 50% health damage instead of 20%
    Shoretrooper and Krennic are also good but very hard to get.
    The best empire toon is undoubtedly Thrawn. Fracture, Turnmeter manupulation, AB, Cleanse. Keep up the good work and go for him
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    About cantina farm:

1. Jawas. Dathcha and jawa can be farmed there and are required to unlock critical damage mods (mandatory). At some point you'll need themn they're quite terrible as a faction but their mods are really game changing.
    2. If you're planning to play jedi one day, Cantina is the place to farm them: Anakin, Aayla secura, Bariss Offee and Old Ben.
    3. If you don't care about jedi, you'll need Old Ben to unlock Luke anyway. ;)
    4. Resistance and FO have two crucial toons there: Finn and Kylo Ren. If you want to play this factions you'll need them asap. Don't underestimate resistance, they're really powerful and quite easy to farm (you only need a zeta to make them viable).
    5. Once you're high level Cantina has really strong DS toons, Deathtrooper for imperial (troopers), Assassin and trooper Siths.
    6. Low level farmable toons such as Tie pilot or Genosian soldiers are quick farm and also really useful pilots. Genosian soldier is easy to gear and can deal some humongous amount of damage at low level too, paired with Boba double strike and you can kill anything really fast.
  • Options
    id say first wedge than jawa you wont get nice mods soon after you 3 star mod challenges anyway
  • Options
    Yeah I just started less than a month ago so I still have a lot to learn. Looks like I'll finish out Phoenix to get EP. Getting someones EP through allies are the only reason I progress in the darkside story!

What gear should I stop at for Phoenix to reliably get thrawn the next time around and to also unlock EP? I have most at 6 or 7 with Hera being 8 and Ezra being one item away from 8.

40/80 on Wedge because of fleet shipments so that will not be as big of a chore once I hit level 69. Most of my toons are modded with 5* Health mods so far.

Current jedi: 7 Lumi, almost 7 Ezra, 5 JC, 4 Ahsoka, 4 Mace Windu
  • Options
    Yeah I just started less than a month ago so I still have a lot to learn. Looks like I'll finish out Phoenix to get EP. Getting someones EP through allies are the only reason I progress in the darkside story!

What gear should I stop at for Phoenix to reliably get thrawn the next time around and to also unlock EP? I have most at 6 or 7 with Hera being 8 and Ezra being one item away from 8.

40/80 on Wedge because of fleet shipments so that will not be as big of a chore once I hit level 69. Most of my toons are modded with 5* Health mods so far.

Don't focus much on jedis at start, i made that mistake and i still deeply regret it. Jedi is a terrible (outdated) faction and to make them viable you'll need a lot of stuff such as General Kenobi, a zeta'ed Qi gon, R2 is a nice option here, rare toons (at least a pain to farm) such as Aayla/Anakin/QiGon/Ezra etc.

As far as i'm concerned i got Thrawn with mostly gear 8 Phoenixes (Chopper, no Sabine) but Ezra was gear 11 (it helps a lot since he's the only one who's dealing damage). Ezra is the only Phoenix really worth the investment so feel free to gear him as much as you can. Thrawn event is mostly RNG so put your best mods on them (the more speed you can) and pray. ;)

I haven't spent more gear on Phoenixes since gear 9 and above is highly expensive (perhaps even the most expensive faction, what a joke !)
  • Options
    Befor3 CLS, rex lead was the best.
    Wedge lead can compete against rex.
    So your plan is ok.
  • Options

Don't focus much on jedis at start, i made that mistake and i still deeply regret it. Jedi is a terrible (outdated) faction and to make them viable you'll need a lot of stuff such as General Kenobi, a zeta'ed Qi gon, R2 is a nice option here, rare toons (at least a pain to farm) such as Aayla/Anakin/QiGon/Ezra etc.

As far as i'm concerned i got Thrawn with mostly gear 8 Phoenixes (Chopper, no Sabine) but Ezra was gear 11 (it helps a lot since he's the only one who's dealing damage). Ezra is the only Phoenix really worth the investment so feel free to gear him as much as you can. Thrawn event is mostly RNG so put your best mods on them (the more speed you can) and pray. ;)

I haven't spent more gear on Phoenixes since gear 9 and above is highly expensive (perhaps even the most expensive faction, what a joke !)

Yeah, not really impressed with Jedi. It seems their top tiers are nice, but hard to get going.

I do have Biggs currently and slowly getting him up through DS nodes as well as sharing GW between him and Zeb.

I am putting resources into Ezra, but what should my arena team look like in the end after Biggs is up to gear and Wedge comes into play? I know to replace Luminara, but who else? Keep Lando or keep Boba? Drop Ezra?
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Yeah, not really impressed with Jedi. It seems their top tiers are nice, but hard to get going.

I do have Biggs currently and slowly getting him up through DS nodes as well as sharing GW between him and Zeb.

I am putting resources into Ezra, but what should my arena team look like in the end after Biggs is up to gear and Wedge comes into play? I know to replace Luminara, but who else? Keep Lando or keep Boba? Drop Ezra?

wedge biggs lando sth boba
    and move on to
    wedge biggs chirrut baze r2
    (in case you don't have r2, you can use ezra or boba or even lando)
    and then move on to
    cls r2 chirrut baze + 1
    and finally
    cls r2 gk + 2 (thrawn, han solo, nihilus, fulcrum, rex, zeta barriss (kenobi lead), wampa, hermit yoda (ackbar lead with cls))
  • Options

Thank you for making that quick and easy.

I'm struggling to get back under 50. I was 47 for a day and then 49 for a day but now since a lot of the early Phoenix users have Thrawn I can see me dropping more and more. I haven't been able to get past 66 so far. Starting to see some squads that I wreck me after I go first turn.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Thank you for making that quick and easy.

I'm struggling to get back under 50. I was 47 for a day and then 49 for a day but now since a lot of the early Phoenix users have Thrawn I can see me dropping more and more. I haven't been able to get past 66 so far. Starting to see some squads that I wreck me after I go first turn.
    Struggling against thrawn empire team or phoenix?
    both case wiggs chaze r2
    or wiggs boba lando sth
    would do well. but the latter will struggle more.
    good thing is thrawn is controlled poorly by AI on defense.
    You just need good mods. Critical damage, Speed, Critical Chance, Health, Potency (Debuffing team only) mods are all good. But what matters most is speed secondary stats. +29 at best, +0 at worst. +20~29 is a god mod
    +15~19 very good, +10~14 decent, +6~9 ok, +1~5 usable but should be replaced in time, +0 bad unless primary is a good one

PS if you go up against empire biggs will get a ton of turns due to his unique Adrenaline Rush. max out his special and unique first

• Options
    I struggle against Nightsisters who have zombie at a certain gear/level/star cause I can't execute talzin or daka fast enough and I struggle with Phoenix teams that are all level 7, geared up. If they're lower I can frag down Ezra quickly and just wittle them down. Every other method does not work at all no matter what I do. I only have Ezra and Boba to dispell taunts and the extra protection/health regeneration takes over if I don't take down someone fast enough.
  • Options
    Dont match those teams is my advise
  • Options
    Dont match those teams is my advise

You're telling me! I have to snipe teams that I know I can beat but it's so difficult because my entire shard is FILLED to the brim with Phoenix, Nightsisters, or 3-5 obvious P2P teams of crazy configurations that make me... cry.
  • Options
    With wedge, biggs, st han, boba and ezra you will be able to beat phoenix easily

Thats the same team i used to use...kill kanan first to end their counters, then ezra, then hera.

Boba is just good for dispelling taunt because his bleed gives health to them.
  • Options
    A shard full of NS.... A new terror for beginners... Not that I've experienced actually..
    However Phoenix can be handled easily by Rebels

Phoenix is strong against debuffers due to Kanan unique. Rebels don't inflict many debuffs.
    Phoenix gets a ton of health and protection every turn, but they are slow.
    Phoenix lacks damage, and when Ezra is gone, their damage gets even 1.3 times weaker and main damage dealer is gone.
    Phienix with Sabine in the place of Chopper is even more vulnerable. Kill Sabine first and then Ezra is my recommendation but vice versa is also fine.

Since you have lando, use AOE on and on and on and the moment you get wedge, Phoenix will not be any obstacle for you. That combo is the power house. Biggs will become twice stronger and Wedge will do a massive AOE along with Lando against enemies more than half health.
    Ideally, Biggs will go first, almost killing one with his special with one shot, next wedge will do AOE, doing massive damage on all. Lando will come around do his first AOE, Stormhan will taunt, Boba will do AOE or execute, Biggs again, Wedge, Lando again, Game over
  • Options
    Wedge, Biggs, Lando are all squishy and slow but wiggs gain additional speed when both are alive, and all rebels constantly gain health when they do AOE due to Wedge lead. Gear them up as high, so that enemy boba cannot easily execute lando or wedge (those two are the weakest in general).
    Plus if you add Chirrut Baze, due to constant heal and taunt, your team will become the terror of your shard
    Even better, get rid of chaze and add kenobi, Chirrut's uncountable Heal over time can give opportunity for enemy boba to execute chirrut, which will mess up the whole team. However GK just cleanse(this is very important part) and dont give a ton of Heal over times and give retribution to allies(very important). The healing part can be nicely done by zeta barriss
  • Options
    Wiggs Chaze Lando boba are all effective against ns zombie teams too Aoe and buff dispel works amazing against that team.
    Those wouldn't bother you anymore once you get wedge

However, CLS? Well if you see several CLS teams, that's about time wedge and Aoe rebels will start falling apart
    CLS is the meta
  • Options
    Aoe will trigger counter from phoenix until you kill kanan
  • Omnixent
    110 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    A shard full of NS.... A new terror for beginners... Not that I've experienced actually..
    However Phoenix can be handled easily by Rebels

Phoenix is strong against debuffers due to Kanan unique. Rebels don't inflict many debuffs.
    Phoenix gets a ton of health and protection every turn, but they are slow.
    Phoenix lacks damage, and when Ezra is gone, their damage gets even 1.3 times weaker and main damage dealer is gone.
    Phienix with Sabine in the place of Chopper is even more vulnerable. Kill Sabine first and then Ezra is my recommendation but vice versa is also fine.

Since you have lando, use AOE on and on and on and the moment you get wedge, Phoenix will not be any obstacle for you. That combo is the power house. Biggs will become twice stronger and Wedge will do a massive AOE along with Lando against enemies more than half health.
    Ideally, Biggs will go first, almost killing one with his special with one shot, next wedge will do AOE, doing massive damage on all. Lando will come around do his first AOE, Stormhan will taunt, Boba will do AOE or execute, Biggs again, Wedge, Lando again, Game over

All of this is true the problem is, I guess for me, Is lack of Wiggs combo right now because of my level.

Gear 8 Phoenix all level 7 gets a huge bump in protection and heatlh (also depending on their mods), right?

I usually take out Ezra first because of the damage and then after that I can outlast anything they do because of Lumi's heal, even with a cooldown of 5. If It even gets to that.

I'm usually fast enough due to Lando's lead to attack with just about everyone. If I get lucky and get two multi-attacks with boba and ezra due to ezra's Watch and Learn and then get at least once crit with Boba i can do amazing damage. Lately though their Ezra's are surviving this barrage barely. Then I have to waste time cleansing new protections and taunts from Kanan, Chopper, Zeb, etc. I try to ability block Hera so she can't do that revive thingy, too.

It's just cringey sometimes. I usually pick on this one dude that has the same squad comp except he has Admiral Ackbar and I destroy him. I guess he has his toons modded incorrectly and his speed is lackluster.

Edit: Then of course I have a good play and then KANAN dodges my Execute with Boba while he has 6 status effects up, including taunt.... you got to be kidding me.
  • Options
    Instead of making a whole new thread here is just a quick question.

After finishing Biggs in gw should I get cad Bane for my last scoundrel? I’m seriously in need of credits but don’t know which last scoundrel to get. (Lando boba STHan and chewie so far for me)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Instead of making a whole new thread here is just a quick question.

After finishing Biggs in gw should I get cad Bane for my last scoundrel? I’m seriously in need of credits but don’t know which last scoundrel to get. (Lando boba STHan and chewie so far for me)

If you have no other plans for that shop go ahead.

Boba Lando STHan and raid Han (and you can't really hurry him up) are the four best scoundrels the rest are whatever you happen to have available.

IG 88 has purposes in a droid team for certain parts of haat. Otherwise its much of a muchness.
  • Options
    I’m just looking to max out credit heist when it comes around next. Figured since I just got done with Biggs that he’ll be the fastest to progress to a level that I can use. Arena and cantina just takes too long and I’m itching for credits man lol. Promoting toonies and mods is toooo essspensive.

Going empire after I get done with Phoenix from other shipments.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

Going empire after I get done with Phoenix from other shipments.

I'm not sure if he is included in your empire plans but the Palpatine event is predicted for early January.
  • Options
    That’s beautiful because I have 7 Han lando, chopper, Ezra, Biggs, and almost 7 zeb kanan and wedge. I should be able to I do something with that right?