Phoenix Team worth it to farm?

Terpentin300
244 posts Member
edited November 2017
Hi there,

i'm LVL 67 atm and haven´t farm any toon of the Phoenix Squad yet.

I read, that they are more Early-Midgame Squad than a Lategame Team.

Is it anyway worth it, to farm the shards for them to collect Thrawn in the future?

Replies

• Options
    Yes. They can also be used for the 'Paplatine' event and do well in LS: Territory Battles.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. You need them for Thrawn Event, LS TB and some other Events. Take Ezra to G10 and the rest to G8, omega all of his Uniques and leave out either Sabine or Chopper, your call. If you prefer to kill at a rapid pace - choose Sabine.
  • Options
    I put them on ice after Thrawn and have regretted it now that LS TB is out. As they as rebels they can fulfil any of the battle requirements in that TB as well as having their own special. Plus their ships have nice big power rating - you can put them in as reserves to bump up your ship squad power and scare noobs away.
  • Options
    I run full Phoenix squad. Just finished last zeta today (Sabine) and still working on gear.
    Kanan zeta g12
    Ezra zeta g12
    Hera zeta g11
    Zeb zeta g11
    Chopper g11 (no zeta available but his omega got nice rework to let him assist 30% chance)
    Sabine zeta g8

They are very impressive. The AI won't do them justice when your defending in arena though. Of course I'm sure that is the same with several teams.

Phoenix is a defensive counter team. They have turn meter control abilities. Their zeta abilities make the gain turn meter at a crazy level.
    Ezra can put together some impressive combos
    Zeb has one shot kill potential with his zeta if set up correctly. (Hitting as high as 65K and mine isn't even completely set up yet)

I'm still experimenting with breaking of 2-3 of them in other teams (or running a non Phoenix in 5th spot)
    Thrawn works well with them.
    Palp does amazing with them. Phoenix called assists and Ezra's turn meter boost when used on "support" help palp get full shock debuffs and maintain them (making palp gain turn meter at insane rates and stun lock enemies.

• Options
    They are very impressive. The AI won't do them justice when your defending in arena though. Of course I'm sure that is the same with several teams.

Phoenixes issue isn't AI but their terrible damage output and really fragile synergy.

If you can't kill a thing you can't compete, and Phoenix really lacks of damage. Countering is only useful against teams that heavily relies upon AoE, a thing that has totally disappeared from arena since Luke anyway.

Once Hera has been killed your team is worthless. Both tanks aren't working well as taunters and i don't think a lot of teams struggle to kill Hera fast. Next you kill Ezra and your team doesn't have damage anymore.

Sadly most Phoenix issues have not been solved with zeta, they're better but still a really awkward and situational faction especially with 4-5 zetas. Hopefully Ezra fits really well in a rebel or jedi team, and Chopper shines in a droid team.

Phoenix is a pain to farm, a pain to gear and a pain to zeta. Results aren't worth the investment tbh. If one has fun with them so be it, but no team in the entire game is performing that bad with so many rare gears and precious zetas.
  • Terpentin300
    244 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.

And many thanks to zombiwan_kenobi. Know the struggle is real to farm or not to farm Phoenix :D

I mean i just need them for Thrawn..I already have a decent Rebel Team for Palpatine..and atm i have no space left in my fleet squad for them.
  • Options
    Just for thrawn really.
    Those zetas would go alot further in arena and other parts of the game on other characters
  • Options
    They get you Thrawn, but also needed with ships for the Chimera. They fill roles in LS TB and platoons (though that's a moving goal post.....)
    I think having them means they'll get put in as a late cycle TW defense team too, they're enough that if you don't kill a toon, they'll regain Protection/Health/TM so fast they can hold in late TW.
    CG kind of forced Phoenix down our throats so there is much hate for them, mine included, but once you have them they're not a waste either.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    You may potentially need them early next year aswell. With the final season of rebels finishing in the early months of 2018 they'll probably be needed to get new characters such as agent Callis and perhaps Rukh. You may want to start loosley working on Gar Saxon they may release Saxon's brother.
  • Options
    I enjoy playing with Phoenix very much. But, this -

Phoenixes issue isn't AI but their terrible damage output and really fragile synergy.

If you can't kill a thing you can't compete, and Phoenix really lacks of damage. Countering is only useful against teams that heavily relies upon AoE, a thing that has totally disappeared from arena since Luke anyway.

Once Hera has been killed your team is worthless. Both tanks aren't working well as taunters and i don't think a lot of teams struggle to kill Hera fast. Next you kill Ezra and your team doesn't have damage anymore.

Sadly most Phoenix issues have not been solved with zeta, they're better but still a really awkward and situational faction especially with 4-5 zetas. Hopefully Ezra fits really well in a rebel or jedi team, and Chopper shines in a droid team.

Phoenix is a pain to farm, a pain to gear and a pain to zeta. Results aren't worth the investment tbh. If one has fun with them so be it, but no team in the entire game is performing that bad with so many rare gears and precious zetas.

• Options
    Their damage output is better than most think. You can argue that zeta mats can be more useful on other characters but Phoenix Zeta'd does greatly increase damage output.

• Options
    How do you have your Phoenix setup currently snowlock?
    I'm just finished last zeta on them. Still working up gear.
    Kanan zeta g12
    Ezra zeta g12
    Hera zeta g11
    Zeb zeta g11
    Chopper maxed omegas g11
    Sabine zeta g9 4/6 (She is last I have been working up)

One thing I've noticed with their Zetas is their insane turn meter gains
    Started using Ezra's assist with Hera for the turn meter gains
    I especially like the following combo when there's a target that isn't buffed
    Ezra flourish (gain 95% TM)
    Ezra watch and learn (gain 60% TM) on Hera (gains 40% TM)
    Hera then calls Ezra to assist (Hera gains 20%) (Ezra gains 50% TM)
    Ezra flourish again (gain 95% TM)
    Ezra watch and learn (gain 60% TM) on Hera (gains 40%)
    *this also quickly gets Ezra 4 turns completed which caps his "Push Through" Giving him +40% offense (doesn't count as a buff so can stack with offense up)

I usually run Chopper so he has 8 - 10 assist chances during that burst
    Target either Hera (to save her) or taunting chopper with Kanan's zeta to quickly have it trigger then Kanan taunts to have his trigger (both times not only give Kanan 100% gain but also 50% to the other 3

Love how Zeb's zeta does insane damage (works against foresight buffed characters)

Still experimenting with Sabines zeta (Love it so far) have seen 5 (as many as 10 on challenge battle) expose stacks from her zeta

I still need to tweak my mods some but set up my Kanan with low speed (utilize his zeta for gaining TM) and full protection setup (75k or so protection - jumps to just over 90k from zebs unique) because of all the protection up buffs available with the team (50% from Zeb special, 40% from Kanan special, 40% from Ezra special)
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I disagree with most of this. They have very high damage output at high levels, G12/Zeta. They can take out any team outside of GK/zBarris. They positively EAT CLS. In fact, CLS is the least of their concerns. R2 stealthing Raid Han is far more dangerous to CLS.

You can lose Hera. And Ezra is not the highest dps'er. That would be Sabine. And maybe even zZeb. Don't run with Chopper in high levels.

Phoenix will clear all rebel events, do you well in TB and I've been currently as high as 5 on my shard in arena. I still have 1 zeta and have to finish gearing. I have 4 G12's and 1 G11, but my G12's aren't maxed.

Two things I would agree with: 1) gearing sucks. It's a brutal grind. 2) their defense AI sucks too. Prepare for massive swings in rank in arena.

Can you beat nightsisters?
    How old is your shard?

It is rare to see a phoenix team in the top 50 of any shard, especially an older one. But you should be aiming for top reward teams....#5 isnt much more crystals than #20.

It seems 5 zetas is alot of work for ok offense against most teams, especially when the toons are barely useful outside this team.
    Zeta Finn resistance can climb easier with 1 zeta and far less gear, and are far better at every part of the gane outside arena.

Post edited by Mobewan on
  • Options
    I didnt mean they are barely useful at all.
    I meant the individual characters can barely be used in teams outside the phoenix.

I am glad to hear you can beat many CLS teams for what you have invested in phoenix, but the big problem for many shards now is MT teams, and finding a combination that can beat the gk/zbariss teams. Throw DN in there and see how it goes.

For me, i wouldnt mind investing effort gearing phoenix to 12 and zeta if they were great in non phoenix teams, because certain teams need a specific skill set to beat. DN is great, and doesnt need a zeta.
    Thrawn is a game changer without a zeta.
    Bariss will make GK and Chaze a real headache with 1 zeta.

And I think its great that you are having fun with them, but as you said, they are extremely difficult and time consuming to gear.
  • Options
    Ezra, Kanan, Sabine & Chopper can all perform admirably outside of a Phoenix squad. Zeb I hear does really well also, since he dazes & staggers, and his zeta isn't super Phoenix dependant.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ezra, Kanan, Sabine & Chopper can all perform admirably outside of a Phoenix squad. Zeb I hear does really well also, since he dazes & staggers, and his zeta isn't super Phoenix dependant.

Your definition of "perform admirably well" is different than mine. We're not talking about GW or an extra droid team for a raid.

The original poster asked about a late game arena team. Try phoenix without hera and they will be terrible, while you claim they can perform great.

I used to use ezra in arena and he is the best of them, but there are much better characters for late game teams.

I wish someone would use chopper or kanan on our shard against GK or Chaze teams whose tank has 100k effective hitpoints and autotaunt.

Sabines damage can come any where near han solo or cloaked leia? Or ezra and sabine can do more damage than wiggs?

Soorry, No phoenix toon can replace r2, dn, thrawn, rex, chaze, gk, wiggs, han solo, leia, bariss, atf etc and perform well. Even zeta maul, savage, kylo, et
    can be much more useful.
  • Options
    In summary, look at the top 20 or even top 50 of your shard to see how viable phoenix is
  • Options
    From the game play that I've seen from mobilegamer, Phoenix with five zetas can match the current meta squads. I have seen footage of them taking down the current meta team full of zetas - CLS, Han, Thrawn, R2 and GK . They are useful in HAAT P2, GW, TB etc. Its a big investment though and one that I'm not following.
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    In summary, look at the top 20 or even top 50 of your shard to see how viable phoenix is...

This.

There is a good reason for that.

• Options
    TMK wrote: »
    Yes. You need them for Thrawn Event, LS TB and some other Events. Take Ezra to G10 and the rest to G8, omega all of his Uniques and leave out either Sabine or Chopper, your call. If you prefer to kill at a rapid pace - choose Sabine.

Good lord don’t listen to this guy
  • Options
    Should I farm the Phoenix Team after i finished R2 and Palp Event with my other toons?

I think it´s not worth it to farm them now (in my opinion it´s a bit to late).
  • Options
    Phoenix are absolutely worth it! They are my number 2 team next to thrawn empire team. They are fun to use every time. Very surviveable and have some really good synergy going on. What I’d like to know is how good are they once all of them are zeta’d
  • Options
    Yes worth it. Necessary actually if you want to contribute to a guild in TB. Phoenix are required on a few missions on LS TB and then you can use them as a full squad on the phases where they are not required.
    Thrawn is enough reason alone. Many can be farmed in stores just like the Rogue Squad.
  • ThePenguin77
    186 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm running Wiggs lead rebel team, I just got 7* Thrawn and replaced g11 Lando with him and he is much better. Even though I had to put Ezra on g11 to beat it, it's worth it.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    farqs wrote: »
    From the game play that I've seen from mobilegamer, Phoenix with five zetas can match the current meta squads. I have seen footage of them taking down the current meta team full of zetas - CLS, Han, Thrawn, R2 and GK . They are useful in HAAT P2, GW, TB etc. Its a big investment though and one that I'm not following.

Yes, and so can resistance with 1 zeta and no g12.
    And just like resistance, phoenix will fall very fast on defense according to the guy with full zeta g12 phoenix.

Thrawn is great, but beyond unlocking him, if your goal is stable arena performance, stop upgrading them once you get Thrawn. FYI, any solid arena team can perform just as well in TB, raids, etc.