New Arena Team

I'm trying to find the best arena team and I'm not sure who to utilize. I've been trying to use R2 more, but I can't seem to find the right combo of LS characters. I mostly use Vader, Palp, Sid, Dooku, and R2 lately. Just unlocked Wedge and Raid Han, but I'm not sure if five star characters will work in the arena. Any suggestions would be awesome!
https://swgoh.gg/u/jackets/collection/

Replies

• Options
    While R2 is really great to build around, he is still only a support toon and will need mostly Light Side toons around him to get the most from him. Also, His Number Crunch zeta is all but mandatory, too.

You have ST Han and Leia, who would thrive with R2 there, as would Fives and Mace. You may find the best results by simply surrounding R2 with your most powerful Light Side and mod them well (mods really matter a lot)... I get the sense that you really want to go Dark Side though?

https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    I tried using ST Han and Leia, but was losing a lot in the arena. I haven't used Fives or Mace with them though. I'll definitely try it! R2's Number Crunch is also zeta now thanks to the second anniversary gifts. Is there a mod guide out there? I think I need to move some things around there for sure.

I would actually much prefer to build my Light Side team up, Dark Side just seemed easier, and hit harder, when I first started.
  • Options
    Well, it is true that ST Han is not much of a mid/end game tank anymore and Leia, if not protected with a couple layers of stealth/tank wont last long...

You may have some luck with K-2SO, but the fact he doesn't pre-taunt can be a liability (unless he's moded REALLY fast). That leaves Mace and Fives as your tank. With both R2 and a tank (or 2) Leia looks like your best attacker.

Others may chime in with better advice, but I might simply throw in my top 5 toons to see how they do and then try Jyn (L), R2, Leia, Mace/ST Han, and maybe Kylo... Also, Phasma (L), Zylo, Dooku, +2 is a real pain in the rear to go against.

As for mods... I have been using swgohmods.com
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • MidasWelby
    203 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You might try:
    Jyn(L), Luke, Leia, R2, Ben

Luke, R2 and Ben all have debuffs for Jyn's lead, also boosted by her potency increase.

For that matter, you could gear and level Han Solo to replace Luke...even at 5 stars he's probably a better option.

(Edit): And remember, if a G9 team fails against a G11 team, it's not because the team "doesn't work"....it's because of gear and mods.
  • Options
    Rain han works in arena at 5* if he is up to g11 and zeta
    So would thrawn and darth nihlis or GK.

Get wedge to 7* and try wedge (L), biggs, r2, st han (or old ben) and nihlis or thrawn

But you really need gk to replace st han.
  • Options
    Awesome. I really appreciate the input. If anyone help would like to throw suggestions out there, please let me know! I'm always looking to improve.
  • Options
    One of the teams I've had fun with invoves a ventress lead, low geared zombie (gear 2 is great for this), thrawn, R2, and then have a tank/healer/or reviver in the fifth spot (daka is the best, but your royal guard could work well). Basically just try to keep damage away from ventress with stealth, while letting them play whack-a-mole with zombie until ventress' unique allows her to hit for 30-40k. It helps a lot to have ventress double zeta'd, although I don't think it's really needed

You can beat most teams on offense with this and it's good enough on defense to where I don't drop out of the top 50 in a sea of CLS leads