Territory Wars is basically similar to the old GW but better

I see lots of people complaining about how the new GW is to easy. But it seems to me that the TW we have now to look forward to is basically as difficult as the old GW was but better! If your looking for a challenge, go against the opponents best defense teams. You'll see those gear 12 teams you so miss on the old GW. The thing that excites me about the TW format is that we get to use all the characters we have so it might just come down to a jawa team beating a droid team in order to conquer a territory. That's what makes TW better than the old GW. I like the new GW cause its more easily accessable for new people getting to lvl 85. I've been a long time player and i breeze throught it easily, but I rather like the time I'm saving doing that.It's time I can spend beating challenging teams the other guild is throwing against us in TW.

Replies

• Options
    TW are like tournaments, but way better (and I hope without cheating)
  • Options
    My expectations for this are extremely low. I can already see how lopsided our war is going to be due to: no one in my guild has CLS and no one has any g12 characters.
  • Options
    Its a lot like tournament ye, only no refreshes (yay). We will see how it goes. I fear it will end up in a tie most of the times for high end guilds.

Does anyone how many defence teams per territory you can set?
  • Options
    Moved to the Territory Wars subsection. ;)
  • Options
    My expectations for this are extremely low. I can already see how lopsided our war is going to be due to: no one in my guild has CLS and no one has any g12 characters.

Yeah the TW event isn't helping. The devs are outright telling us the best defense teams use cls so it might come down to which guild fields the most cls defensive teams and cls counter teams.

Plus if actual TW matches are as heavily influenced by rng as the prep event we could find whether we clear a zone or totally wipe being at the whim of rng not tactics. I've seriously used the same kill order in the event and had rng completely determine whether the result was a wipe or 3* of the event (tier 2). Those defense abilities are also total **** deus ex machina that can instantly swing a winning match to a wipe. At least old GW didn't have abilities that could swing a 4 vs 2 match to the loosing team.

How many guilds will be pleased that they sent in their top offensive teams only to have defeat snatched from the jaws of victory by rng?