Wampa is not Evil, even hamill said so

According to mark hamill himself , Mr Luke sky walker said

"When filming the scene I was assured my lightsaber swipe toward camera (creature not on set) would simply singe fur 2 scare him off-Horrified to later see amputation & unnecessary cruelty-Wampa was HUNGRY (not EVIL)-Luke would never do this! #StillAngry2017," Hamill tweeted.

He was hungry , not EVIL

Replies

• TVF
    36628 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    We need Light Side, Dark Side, and Hungry Side. New characters and a new holotable. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Holy crap folks, let it go. So many off you being hung up on this is insane to me
  • Options
    I'm not hung up over it, it doesn't make the slightest difference to me, but I do love a good debate (or a trivial one) for the sake of it.

Wookieepedia defines Dark Side characters as: "Individuals who used the dark side drew their power from more intense, raw and darker emotions such as fear, anger, hatred, passion, and aggression."

It doesn't express exactly that they're "evil", just that they are driven by emotion and aggression. To me, this seems a lot like a creature being driven by instinct. Perhaps the fact that the Wampa was very likely starving in its harsh climate drove it to greater aggression and greater fear for its own survival, and as such, perhaps it could be considered part of the Dark Side of the Force at that particular moment in its existence.

I think maybe this Wampa in the game is supposed to represent the one that attacked Luke, which was very likely a starving creature in great fear of its own death by starvation that drove it to increased aggression, rather than every Wampa ever. #notallwampas.

I don't think this character is meant to express that all Wampas are evil, just that this one was driven to extremes due to its dire situation. After all, we have five Jawas in the game that are Light Side and surely not all Jawas are Light Side (not even entirely sure those should have been, but then I'm not a Jawa historian). Same with the numerous humans and aliens in the game, some are Dark Side, others aren't, to represent their different mindsets.
  • Options
    Oh jeez. Go outside. Do something else. This is utterly pointless.
  • Options
    stepgib wrote: »

I don't disagree, but it's also the middle of the night and I'm at work, so my going outside options are incredibly limited!
  • Options
    Pal, Wampa is not getting the Light Side tag, Light Side its super broken to begin with
  • Options

I don't disagree, but it's also the middle of the night and I'm at work, so my going outside options are incredibly limited!

There's plenty of other things to debate about. This is the dumbest topic that's been coming up lately. I appreciate the desire for debate but find something worth debating
  • Options

There's plenty of other things to debate about. This is the dumbest topic that's been coming up lately. I appreciate the desire for debate but find something worth debating

One must be careful what one chooses to debate.
  • Options
    Some toons just need to be neutral. Jawas, wampa, tuskens