4 Star Imperial Probe Droid - Viable?

How viable is a just-unlocked 4 star IPD? I'm debating about dropping the cash to unlock him (as the F2P method will take...a long time). I'm assuming MASSIVE DAMAGE is MASSIVE DAMAGE, whether 4 star or 7 star, but could you get his speed up high enough at 4 stars to make a difference?

Also, what is the max gear level for a 4 star toon?

Replies

• Options
    Nothing stopping you from taking him to g11 except levels (something around level 80) it is only g12 that is gated behind 7*.

All depends on mods, of course, but you should have no issue getting him fairly fast. I assume you are aiming to have IPD going right after Palpatine?

Another option for some would be to instead mod Thrawn for 2nd place speed and have him TM swap with the droid instead (that would mean you don't waste a good set of speed mods one a one shot wonder...
  • Options
    Isn't the entire purpose of him just to pair up with Palpatine and explode right off the bat? Does his gear level and everything really affect his ability to do that? (Sorry if this line of questioning sounds sarcastic or whatever, I'm legitimately curious.)
  • Gawejn
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't the entire purpose of him just to pair up with Palpatine and explode right off the bat? Does his gear level and everything really affect his ability to do that? (Sorry if this line of questioning sounds sarcastic or whatever, I'm legitimately curious.)
    No, it doesnt affect his ability. one of the purposes could be combo with palp. Than imp can be as low gear as nececery to use his massive dmg ability
  • Options
    Right, that's what I was thinking. I honestly don't see the point in the character beyond doing his One-Trick shot. I haven't studied his abilities or anything, but I find it hard to imagine he'd have anything better than "Take one guy straight out of the fight from the start".
  • Options
    i think it will be great against many team with no pretaunt or pretaunter below 99999 hp
  • Options
    He takes storm troopers place on the thrawn dk dt sht squad
  • Options
    Right, that's what I was thinking. I honestly don't see the point in the character beyond doing his One-Trick shot. I haven't studied his abilities or anything, but I find it hard to imagine he'd have anything better than "Take one guy straight out of the fight from the start".

On a droid team he is really good. Almost guaranteed expose on basic plus with his unique he needs like 25% turn meter to take another turn (assuming he gets a crit and gains 50% TM from HK lead). That means he will go a lot and land expose a lot too. Then hit AOE dispell is pretty good too (although in this meta R2 is on every team so the target lock goes away before he can use Self Destruct and benefit from the target lock). Then the self destruct is also a really strong AOE since it does 30% of the max health to all enemies as well as kill the primary target. My probe is only 4* gear 10 right now so he's really weak health-wise. Once I get him to 7* (in several months lol) he will be even better since he can actually survive a hit.
  • Options

Why do one want him to go right after Palpatine ? I havent read up on this combo

• Options

Why do one want him to go right after Palpatine ? I havent read up on this combo

Ipd has to be at less than full health. Palps health drain is fastest way to do it
  • Options

Palpatine will use his heal on turn one draining health from PD and then PD can use his instakill knocking an opponent clean out.
  • Options
    Honestly his kit is solid. I don't use his insta kill until after I use his Dispel/buff immunity/target lock. Under Palps lead he gets his potency and health buffed. Once you throw in his 50% health buff from his unique he's good to go at G11. 4*. Mines at 5* G11 and I zeta'd his unique. I run him with maxed G12 Palps lead, zDT, zDK and zThrawn. Him and DT together are great. IPD lays down his dispel then DT uses his grenade to reduce cool downs. Doesn't matter if R2 and Han buff their whole team when IPD wipes it all away. It works thru foresight as well. Another bonus is Darth Nihilus can't reduce his cool down on self destruct. Its always active when he's below 100% health.
  • Options
    Honestly his kit is solid. I don't use his insta kill until after I use his Dispel/buff immunity/target lock. Under Palps lead he gets his potency and health buffed. Once you throw in his 50% health buff from his unique he's good to go at G11. 4*. Mines at 5* G11 and I zeta'd his unique. I run him with maxed G12 Palps lead, zDT, zDK and zThrawn. Him and DT together are great. IPD lays down his dispel then DT uses his grenade to reduce cool downs. Doesn't matter if R2 and Han buff their whole team when IPD wipes it all away. It works thru foresight as well. Another bonus is Darth Nihilus can't reduce his cool down on self destruct. Its always active when he's below 100% health.

Nice team there. If i wasn't still using droids (like I always have :) ) then i would be using an empire team like that
  • Options

how old is your shard/what rank do you hover around/how is ipd on defense though?