Best HAAT's phase for Resistance Squad

Resistance is probably the most versatile squad for HAAT as it can be used in phases 2, 3 and 4.
There are many topics inside and outside this forum to address the best approach for each phase, but I've never heard any comments on which phase it would perform better.
I have just got my RT to 7 stars and didn't have enought time for tests, any insights?
PS: I have zFinn, zR2D2, Poe, Pilot RT and Rey, no BB-8 (probably for quite a while)

Replies

• Options
    Phase 2... 6 or so average zeta finn teams can take entire phase.
  • Options
    But what about the others? Where can I max the damage?
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    They can solo p2 (19.1 millions) so there is the beat option, you may need them geared
    Although, p4 (12.4 millions) is way easier to achieve, pretty sure that it can be done with just g8, i did almost 60% (i entered late) and finished it with 10 turns left
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    Phase 4 can definitely be solo'd, with turns to spare on the tank.

I've not seen Phase 2 solo'd by Resistance as of yet (not to say it can't be done, but ran a few web searches and come up short of answers) ... I have seen screenshots and videos ranging from 7m-13m worth of damage (P2 has 19.2m damage).
  • Options
    @Ariella you can find this on the resistance discord chat
    2CC.png
  • Options
    Wow! That's a lot of damage
    My best score is 2,8MM on phase 2!
    I have good gear (X/XI if not mistaken) and good-non-God Mods but no BB-8
  • Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    2CC.png
    Thank you! I am sufficiently impressed :)
  • Options
    Go for Phase 2 for now, especially if your guild is new(er) to doing HAATs. Phase 2 is a big chunk of damage to work through so they’ll help your guild the most there.

I haven’t really tried them in Phase 3, the B2 counters too often IMO so a TMR team like Teebotine or a zJyn team with Rebel tanks is better there. I about soloed Phase 3 with Resistance in nAAT but not wasting them there in HAAT yet.

And for Resistance to really settle into a groove in Phase 4 you need BB8 to hit the B2 droids on the side twice to inflict Daze and shut down their Relentless Barage. Not out of the question without him, but that’s how I’ve seen it done best. Phase 4 is also a great time to bust out the Wiggs/Leia/Ackbar/Lando team everyone should have in their roster

I’m running zFinn (G11), Poe (G10), RT (G10), zR2D2 (Number Crunch, G12), and BB8 (G11). R2 is the only Resistance with true AOE (Poe kind of counts... but it’s not damage) so he works well, but I’m working to add in RP since she provides an expose and R2 does not. So far only hitting 2.5M in Phase 2 but it’s enough to cover 10% of Phase 2, which is a huge chunk and puts me in top 3 rewards for the rest of the raid, easy.

I have yet to see where Rey works best in HAAT but sadly it is not with the Resistance
  • Options
    You could always just expose the side droids and kill them, saves having to spend more time on manual.

In fact just whack it on 'auto' and manually target, you'll solo the phase quicker.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    2CC.png

Additive damage doesn't seem to be correct?
  • Options
    TMK wrote: »
    2CC.png

Additive damage doesn't seem to be correct?

3.665.558 Missing, you are right.

• Options
    Wow! So that damage might no be true...

Nevertheless, I've tried Phase 3 today and got 1,9MM, I did 2,75MM in Phase 2 last time so I guess my question is answered
  • Options
    SmashItUp wrote: »
    Wow! That's a lot of damage
    My best score is 2,8MM on phase 2!
    I have good gear (X/XI if not mistaken) and good-non-God Mods but no BB-8

They work best on p4 imho especially if you don't have god like mods. With bb8 you can easily solo p4, zeta rey ist the second best option to solo that phase (with res..)
  • Options
    The Expose damage isn't assigned to any given character when it shows damage at the end, so I'd tend to believe the 21.7M total with bb-8 and all g12. That would be about right amount of 'missing' damage with Illuminated destiny 'on' all the time.

(Also the first time I have seen a photo of it, but I knew it could be done with great RNG - I have seen video where a single topple netted 19% damage in phase 2, so it was just a matter of time until somebody did it)

Mine can run through P4 in as little as 7 turns with Pilot at 12, Finn, Poe, and soldier at 11 and bb8 at 10, and I've also used that team to finish off the last 14% of phase 3 and then solo 4 for a total of right around 14M (my personal best) - another 8M with better mods and higher gear is totally reasonable to me.

More back on topic, my best pre-bb8 was with R2, Finn, Poe, pilot, and trooper. It took a few tries (and you have to get your guild to co-operate with/pause for you while you pull it off) but I was able to do the last 11% of P2 (Poe has to modded with a ton of health and defense) with everybody pretty beat up (as you know if you've tried, it's mostly the post topple AOE and DOT attacks that wear trooper and Pilot down faster than they can heal up in P2), and then about 21% of P3 (Smokescreen keeps everybody but Poe stealthed so they can slowly regen health without fear of counters from the B2 and Finn can use his HOT ability to keep Poe topped off/heal him post cannon shot), for a total of 4.2M (I think those numbers are right, I forgot to screenshot it, my memory really wants to claim 4.6M, but I am pretty sure about the percentages, and that means the 4.2 is more accurate... also, I swear that fish was THIS BIG!).
  • SmashItUp
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I've never tried P4, I should do it soon...
    But my Guild struggles at P3 so I thought I'd be more useful there even with less damage.

Thanks for all the tips, one thing's for sure: I definetly need BB8 ASAP!

I was going for the final part of P2 and then P3, I believe I've could've done ~4,5MM with some RnG luck there, but I did a rookie mistake, burned all squads but Resistance before the try and when I entered P2 the massive damage cannon went right away killing someone and I had to wait until P3 starts to get past by that :neutral:
  • Options
    Go for Phase 2 for now, especially if your guild is new(er) to doing HAATs. Phase 2 is a big chunk of damage to work through so they’ll help your guild the most there.

I haven’t really tried them in Phase 3, the B2 counters too often IMO so a TMR team like Teebotine or a zJyn team with Rebel tanks is better there. I about soloed Phase 3 with Resistance in nAAT but not wasting them there in HAAT yet.

And for Resistance to really settle into a groove in Phase 4 you need BB8 to hit the B2 droids on the side twice to inflict Daze and shut down their Relentless Barage. Not out of the question without him, but that’s how I’ve seen it done best. Phase 4 is also a great time to bust out the Wiggs/Leia/Ackbar/Lando team everyone should have in their roster

I’m running zFinn (G11), Poe (G10), RT (G10), zR2D2 (Number Crunch, G12), and BB8 (G11). R2 is the only Resistance with true AOE (Poe kind of counts... but it’s not damage) so he works well, but I’m working to add in RP since she provides an expose and R2 does not. So far only hitting 2.5M in Phase 2 but it’s enough to cover 10% of Phase 2, which is a huge chunk and puts me in top 3 rewards for the rest of the raid, easy.

I have yet to see where Rey works best in HAAT but sadly it is not with the Resistance

I think P4 is the easier solo, personally.
    The B2's aren't such a big problem. The rationale behind Dazing them and carrying them into the Topple phase is to get an extra target or two for Poe to expose... eventually those exposes build up on the B2('s) and if there's a run of bad RNG where everyone's blown their specials, you can hit a B2 to reset them.
    But it's not essential to carry them through, in fact it's a lot easier to kill them than it is to keep them alive!

But why I say it's the easier solo is, I'm far far away from being able to solo P2, at least based on my current mods and gear setup. But I solo P4 with turns to spare.
    The tank's health is much higher in P2, I typically do somewhere around 7-8m if I take Resistance. Whereas it's over 10m for the P4 solo.

Just depends where you're weak and strong though... if you have a good P4 Princess Zody team already for example, they do far far better on P4 than they do on P2, so I'd use Resistance for P2.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @TMK @Knatterton by now you guys should know that damage from bombs, dots, expose, burn or any other debuff isnt assigned to any toon, so the additive damage between the toons will always be lower than the score
    You can check it with je, he'll always log a 0 but you gonna have some score if he applied a bomb and it exploded
    There are like 100k missing, thats from je's bombs
    IMG_8097.png
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    @TMK @Knatterton by now you guys should know that damage from bombs, dots, expose, burn or any other debuff isnt assigned to any toon, so the additive damage between the toons will always be lower than the score
    You can check it with je, he'll always log a 0 but you gonna have some score if he applied a bomb and it exploded
    IMG_8097.png

And what bombs do the Resistance apply?
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    TMK wrote: »
    IMG_8097.png

And what bombs do the Resistance apply?

resistance doesnt apply bombs, they apply exposes, that work the same way than bombs.... :|
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    They work the same way, except they work better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH