Simple Addition to Vader's Kit

What if Vader's UA was given an extra ability that kept all of his attacks from being countered? Would this be enough to bring him back into popularity or do you guys think he still needs more?

Replies

• Options
    I'd leave Vader alone and add a zeta to Palp that gives some sith/empire synergy.
  • Options
    Both.

Vader definitely needs to be uncounterable, he was supposed to be the best lightsaber duelist of all time. Make all his abilities like that, never have a problem again if bejg stunned after using force crush. Takes too long between that and culling blade formit to beof actual use.

Palp definitely needs a zeta. Don’t care where it is - preferably not his leader though, I run nihilus lead, and Vader already has a zeta leader ability too. Need a unique ability zeta, or maybe make his mass stun irresistible OR last for two turns on whoever it does affect.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Vader desperately needs a unique with zeta, and tbf he needs 2 unique, it's doesn't make sense that a side characters who only appeared in one movie like chaze has so many uniques and Vader doesn't even have 1.
    in addition to his kit being too old, 5 turns cool down come on!
  • ChrisSkywalker
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Simple zeta to palpatine, crackling doom:at the end of emperors turn he gains 5% offense and 5% max health(stacking)
  • Options
    we got kylo unmasked, now its time for Vader unmasked (lolololol)
  • Options
    Vader unique- all too easy: Vader has 100% counter and gains 6% offense and 6% evasion for each rebel/Jedi opponent.
  • Options
    I think they need to add Palp Vader synergy as they ruled the galaxy for some 20 years
  • Options
    I want him to have a "Force Choke" ability since thats his signature move. Plus, he also has no Unique so it would be nice for him to have one.
  • Options
    Vader unique- all too easy: Vader has 100% counter and gains 6% offense and 6% evasion for each rebel/Jedi opponent.
    I like your style. Might I also suggest a skill based on the hallway massacre scene from Rogue One?

BLASTER DEFLECTION: Vader has a chance to deflect blaster fire, dealing a portion of the attack's damage to a random enemy.
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Not really a fan of blast deflection. Its nothing unique to vader. The hallway scene with the rebels could apply to any jedi (obiwan wouldve had a field day with blast deflection). Id much prefer his massive cleaves from his fight with luke as he surprised him during the empire strikes back fight.

And force choke, force blast is already a better and more combative version of this power. I dont see why we need a second version rather than something different yet still acts like vader.

Lastly, i doubt we will get a special (i wouldnt say no to one, it would be great), but to my knowledge only 2 specials are availbale at a time. so 2 uniques is more likely

Also evasion? Vader evade?

I like the idea of palp synergy, as they are the evil villain duo of star wars. Maybe assist attacks or turn meter gain on damage (referencing the scene in return of the jedi where vader blocks lukes strike at the emperor)
  • Options
    @DarthMufasa4 I would like something like a redirection where every time Palp gets attacked there's a 30-40% chance for the attack to be redirected to Vader and Vader gains like 30% TM when this happens or gains defense or something like that
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    Lastly, i doubt we will get a special (i wouldnt say no to one, it would be great), but to my knowledge only 2 specials are availbale at a time. so 2 uniques is more likely

Grand Master Yoda has 3 specials, the AoE buff collection (Master stroke), the TM/stun (Unstoppable force) and Buff up (Battle meditation).
  • Options

Grand Master Yoda has 3 specials, the AoE buff collection (Master stroke), the TM/stun (Unstoppable force) and Buff up (Battle meditation).
    I stand corrected. And this is great as it gives me hope for another special on vader, to give him much more versatility. I still think 2 uniques are more likely though.

@DarthMufasa4 I would like something like a redirection where every time Palp gets attacked there's a 30-40% chance for the attack to be redirected to Vader and Vader gains like 30% TM when this happens or gains defense or something like that

This seems pretty cool, just inconsistent. I would say its eiher the ability needs 1 of the following to be a good ability.
    1) Powerful
    2)Consistent
    3) lots of smaller abiltiies that make up the loss of one big 1