Does the upcoming change to ig100s basic signify that the devs will have no plans to buff Defense?

Basic will read: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 30% chance to inflict Offense Down for 2 turns. Instead of the Defense Up

Are they just going to slowly remove Defense-up in the game and leave the meta as is with Defense being basically useless?

Replies

• Options
    I bet greivous will synergiZe real good with ig100
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Good question. I'm perplexed about the way they're handling defense in this game. For now at least, Defense type manipulation skills are pointless.
  • Options
    Sure
  • Options
    It's all about dat shot, bought dat shot, no defense....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    meanpride wrote: »
    Basic will read: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 30% chance to inflict Offense Down for 2 turns. Instead of the Defense Up

Are they just going to slowly remove Defense-up in the game and leave the meta as is with Defense being basically useless?

Is this 30% ability at level 1 or 7?
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

That's what I was wondering as well. If those are level 7 abilities I feel like they've nerved him, particularly his passive and special.
  • Options
    He gets fast when the ignored. Looking forward to running by a full boat droid team with grevious
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

That's what I was wondering as well. If those are level 7 abilities I feel like they've nerved him, particularly his passive and special.

seems like level 1 because the current basic is also 30% at level 1 and 60% at level 7.
  • Options

idk dude i noticed quite a difference when people have defense up. Esp back in the day when people used chewie.
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »

idk dude i noticed quite a difference when people have defense up. Esp back in the day when people used chewie.

You never fail to post something stupid.
  • Options
    Unlike defense up, offense down actuallly works and is basically a defensive debuff. They might as well just convert all defense up buffs into offense down debuffs as having both seems redundant.

I mean, they wouldn't be redundant if they both worked effectively, because then using them at the same time would really destroy output potential. Or you could stagger them. Or you could use O Down if you have a low armor team (as that would be more effective) and use Def Up if you had a higher armor team (Presumably if Defense worked, that would apply more of a benefit to high Armor characters)
  • Options
    They are leaving the group def up on RG, though. It would make sense to start there, as his ability does little else. So I would guess that the reason behind this change is something else, maybe synergy with Grievous...
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

As low level, you could feel a difference when they had defense up, but as high level even Barriss is laughing at defense up
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options

Back in the day we had lower level and defense mattered you weren't 1shot those days

Defense formula is mitigation= defense/(defense+level*10). At level 70 those 30 extra defense help little
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is so incredibly simple that it's hard to believe it hasn't been addressed already: offense output is measured in thousands, while defense is measured in hundreds. Simply multiply defense numbers by some factor so they are relevant and suddenly defense matters again.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.