What to use energy on

Naraic
2243 posts Member
As a new player what is best to use energy on? I'm around mid 30s in level.

My main arena team is variable without relying on hard nodes (1 x cantina shop, 2 x cantina, one x arena shop and one x galaxy war) and are not available for energy farming.

Should I be just farming gear or should I pick a character or two that is worth farming for something other my arena team.

If so which characters should I be hitting.

Replies

• Options
    Phoenix Squad
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    O the six of them only one is in a hard node. The other 5 are my arena team.
  • Options
    Phoenix squad will keep you high ranked in arena up until high 70s. Once you get Phoenix, start going for teams that will get you the legendaries like empire, rebels, first order, and eventually resistance for haat and tbs. I’d focus on cantina and hard modes for character shards, and do your gw every day. The best ships for the ships battles are currently almost all ds and empire, so try and get boba, tie fighter pilot, 5s, and biggs characters and ships for when you can do ships battles.

That’s a lot to do, but go slowly and you’ll see results.
  • Options
    I picked two characters (one on Light hard nodes, one on Dark hard nodes) and farmed those the max times per day which, at the time, was 3. Then used the rest on gear.

Long term it’s why I have so many weird 7*s and can do events first time around. It takes a while to 7* a hard node only character, but if you’re doing it from the start...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    You want scoundrels. For a new player this is most important to get credit heist done.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Am I right that there is no point to farm the single hard node for the 6th member of phoenix squad?
  • Options
    Depends which phoenix set up you want to run. Chopper is definitely more accessible and works well for survival teams and makes phoenix less squishy. I personally run Sabine for a bit more damage output but I think it's more preference than anything else
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Am I right that there is no point to farm the single hard node for the 6th member of phoenix squad?

Only if you want the ship, otherwise you're correct no point
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Arhithi wrote: »

Only if you want the ship, otherwise you're correct no point

Is the ship good and are the blueprints easy to farm? I don't know. If it is I suppose I want it. If not I probably don't.

Lol. If I'm starring the others up i suppose I will have a head start on the ship so it will be viable without me going off and chasing something else. So I might as well star do the hard nodes for the 6th member of the team even if she lags behind the others by a bit.
  • Options
    I’ve seen people us phienix ships, but I personally don’t like them much and they aren’t as good as the ships I listed above.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Depends which phoenix set up you want to run. Chopper is definitely more accessible and works well for survival teams and makes phoenix less squishy. I personally run Sabine for a bit more damage output but I think it's more preference than anything else

I might keep working on all 6. It's a bit of a luxury but if one dies in galaxy war I keep running full phoenix.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    I’ve seen people us phienix ships, but I personally don’t like them much and they aren’t as good as the ships I listed above.

Cheers just trying to see if I can cut the farming list down a bit.
  • Options
    bfree271 wrote: »
    You want scoundrels. For a new player this is most important to get credit heist done.

No
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Is this the case? When will a credit heist happen again? I understand they are periodic. Would it not be better for me to stay at or near the top of my arena shard for a while rather than switching farming priority to scoundrels.
  • Options
    Is this the case? When will a credit heist happen again? I understand they are periodic. Would it not be better for me to stay at or near the top of my arena shard for a while rather than switching farming priority to scoundrels.

Credit Heist's run every 6-10 days (or something like that).. At your level I would run it as a back project.. But make sure you can complete the tier you are at and lvl up appropriately as you reach the next tier.

The credits that come through here will be your main source other than GW

• Options

EVERYTHING is a priority for you if you're in the level 30 range unfortunately. But getting the scoundrel team for credits is a top priority right up with arena until you can beat the top level of the heist consistently.

You will very quickly get to the point that you are constantly starved for credits, and desperate for every one you can get your hands on. The credit heists are a very regular, and reliable source of those life giving credits.
  • Options
    I find being able to complete GW as a better/more reliable source of credits than the credit heist. Sure credit heist is great but rarely shows up often any more. Having a solid team that can compete in arena and complete GW is more important at the stage the OP is in.

Phoenix should be priority 1A for simple fact that
    1) They will keep you ranked high in arena in your current arena shard
    2) Will unlock Thrawn & EP - two of the best empire toons in game
    3) Can practically solo GW on auto
    4) Great in Raids
    5) Great in LS TB
    6) They're actually fun to play with imo
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I agree with Phoenix being required and needed. They are all pilots or crew of needed ships to unlock Chimera. They also give you mod challenge as rebels for tenacity mods and the health mods and 2 Jedi for defense mods.

I would also build a solid Empire team, FO team and start on Resistance. Again mods, R2 raids and GW.

Good starter Arena is Wiggs/Chaze/Lando or Leia.

Enjoy
  • Options

Credit Heist's run every 6-10 days (or something like that).. At your level I would run it as a back project.. But make sure you can complete the tier you are at and lvl up appropriately as you reach the next tier.

The credits that come through here will be your main source other than GW

For tier I you need 3 scoundrels, so I had Chewie (free) and a droid ig88 I got from my first chromium (the guaranteed character).

Needing one more I picked up greedo in the dark side starter pack saying to myself I will see how if these three can win me anything.

Well those 3 leveled up to level 40 with gear ii completed tier one fine.

Next time the heist rolls around I reckon I will be below level 50 so tier one again. So I reckon I have two to three weeks to get ready for tier ii. Will three scoundrels be enough or will I need to pick up a 4th?
  • Options
    Cantina for characters, normal energy for gear
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    You will very quickly get to the point that you are constantly starved for credits, and desperate for every one you can get your hands on. The credit heists are a very regular, and reliable source of those life giving credits.

Ended up using the entire stash of credits from credit heist to level up characters that weren't being used to serve as suicide squads for the last two nodes of my first galactic war. Not exactly right putting level 58s in front of level 40s to beat but I got the job done.