Verifying the actual DS TB rewards issue

Prev134
GuNDaL
100 posts Member
edited November 2017
Hey Devs, ( @CG_Kozispoon @CG_SaIera @CG_Conduit23

The purpose of this post is to clarify and reiterate the problem that occurred today with darkside TB reward payout, I am going to be providing concrete data that will definitely illustrate that the rewards are not magically going to show up in our inbox, and that dev intervention is required!

It will also allow you to verify who did not get their rewards today.

Here are playerIDs for both myself and a guildmate,
both of us have been in the same guild since the inception of territory battles.
yY6SGal.jpg
fBWzKrI.jpg

Here are the achievements for both of us, notice that I am exactly 39 stars behind him.
Can you guess how many stars my guild got today? You are right, 39!
LUxUGvv.jpg
BezdPaY.jpg

Under normal circumstances (Light side TB)
when TB ended, we would have the achievements light up with a red 1 icon immediately after, and the rewards would then come in on delay as they always have (when you restart, or switch to guild screen etc).

The problem:
For everyone who was actively logged in when the TB ended, and received a game crash, and restart message... if you check your achievements you will notice you got no stars for that TB. Essentially from the game's point of view, you did NOT compete in that TB, hence.. no rewards are coming to you, no matter how long you wait.. PLEASE devs.. do not push this back further hoping it will resolve itself.. it will not, and we are not just short our rewards, we are also short the achievements for that TB.

Now if you compare the total stars earned achievement in todays production database, with yesterday's production database you will easily find all the players who did not receive rewards (or did not participate in) the first Darkside TB. You could then check that players guild, and see if they got stars, and definitely build a list of players that were not rewarded.

It is actually insulting, for you to tell us to wait 24 hours before calling support, and I say that as a Quality Assurance professional with 10+ years of providing support for products.
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Options
    I mentioned this on the other tread too. But got buried behind the noise. Guildmates who did get rewards also got the achievement. I too should have gotten the achievement but didn’t
  • Options
    I've mentioned this like seven times now but nice job with the visual proof.....sadly the mods won't listen and will merge it and it will get lost and die like all my posts...
  • Options
    yes thats the problem with merge threads, they are lost in the noise of complaints.. this is actually relevant and if the devs took a minute to confirm with the actual game data, they would see this is not going to resolve itself, the win was not registered on our accounts, period.
  • Options
    Well said OP, I just checked and I too am missing the achievement that should have popped up. We know what the issue is, we know what time it happened, let's hope they get this sorted asap.
  • Options
    Flood the support line, that's about all that can and will be done about this.
  • Options
    OP, you might have done this already but I PM'd the link to this thread to everyone that has a CG_ in front of their name....hopefully one of them read it before this thread gets dismantled.
  • Options
    Good summary of what happened
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    We know it's not coming. They know it's not coming and yet the answer was still wait. Such a disaster.
  • Options
    100%
  • GuNDaL
    100 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    OP, you might have done this already but I PM'd the link to this thread to everyone that has a CG_ in front of their name....hopefully one of them read it before this thread gets dismantled.

good, thank you for that, hopefully they do see it before its merged, im surprised it has lived this long to be honest.
  • Options
    Great post.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
  • Options
    Has anybody come forward who did not get rewards that also wasn't online at the time it finished? This holds true for everyone in my guild. Great summary. Hope Devs are watching.
  • Options
    The ironic thing is the people online at the TB end time are the people who are the most invested - and yet the ones who are being punished.
  • Options
    Vaapad wrote: »
    The ironic thing is the people online at the TB end time are the people who are the most invested - and yet the ones who are being punished.

It was also the arena payout time for the UK
  • Options
    I checked this with a guild mate of mine. I got rewards and was not logged in at the time. He was logged in and got no rewards. We are 31 stars apart in the achievement. We earned 31 stars in DS TB.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon; @CG_RyDiggs this is the case for everyone that didn't receive rewards in our guild as well. Why Not admit the issue, figure out a way to get every single one of us our rewards (without having to flood EA with help requests that they can't fix), and apologize? It would go a long way to appeasing the player base, which is ready to revolt.
  • Options
    40 stars down the drain for the dumpster fire that was this DS TB. I dread the thought of contacting “support” over this issue.

Thanks OP for the visual. Hopefully your post doesn’t get merged as something needs to be done by CG to fix this issue. EA support will not be able to provide us with the rewards we earned.
  • Options
    Is there a fix incoming, almost all of our guild was on at the time waiting for the setup phase.... or do we have to email support then ...IDK there's like 100.000K ppl playing is there really a chance that someone will go trough them by hand....
  • Options
    Why are you not our Dev guy
  • Options
    There definitely was something funny at the exact moment the TB ended, I was in an Arena Battle and it crashed and was a wasted battle. Not a huge deal because I was just locking myself in place as it was my payout. But this never happened for any of the LS Territory Battles where I've been in a similar position. I did however get my rewards...
  • Options
    Theyre **** dude, and you wont getany reward... sad but true
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon seriously how EA support will solve this issue? I don' t think any of the people who lost rewards (and they are many especially those with arena payouts at the same time that game crashed, as in my case) would care about crystals. What is more important are the TB credits. After spending hours to figure out how we could battle and manage an unfinished game campaign, full of errors, at least we wanted what we worked so hard for: the TB rewards. It doesn't look really nice to throw the ball to EA support which until now hasn't really solved any issue, only provide some crystals and they think they solved the problems. So please find a way to solve the issue, which apparently CG created. We are supporters of this game from the beginning and this is not a really nice way to thank us.
  • Options
    It’s not like waiting for support to help is going to do anything either. I didn’t get the recent 80 Kylo shards and they told me to wait 24 hours and closed the ticket. Then after 24 hours I reopened the ticket and support was pretty rude about it and told me to just do my dailies until Feb. 1st and just hope they show up I guess. It’s pretty obvious that they aren’t just going to magically show up and this is the same for the TB rewards. There’s absolutely no reason to think that. And yr right that it is pretty insulting that support thinks that we’re dumb enough to believe it.

I don’t know what’s going on on their end honestly. It’s kind of inexplicable. Usually you’d think they’d just fix it (which is not only possible for my issue but incredibly easy, TB rewards might be harder but should still be possible if they were willing to put in the time or effort) or even offer crystals for the trouble but they’ve done neither, they just expect us to blindly keep at it. I used to spend a ton on the game honestly. Now I’ve completely cut it off until they show its gonna be worth spending on. At the very least that we can reliably get the resources and rewards for basic, core game aspects like we should, which is such a basic thing that it’s insane they’re not scrambling to remedy it, but they are showing that they don’t even care if we get that. It’s sad. I love the game and the friends I’ve made playing it so much and they are just sitting back and watching it burn for no discernible reason. Maybe they’ve been issued an order to stand down with EAs recent issues. Maybe they’re going to end up helping when they can. But I’ve given them the benefit of the doubt so much and been let down so many times that that’s not even on my radar anymore. For me, it’s time for them to show up and take action and actually show they care about their game working and the players being at least getting the most basic aspects of the game to work, or it’s time to find a new hobby. And I know I’m nowhere near the only one feeling like that.

Also word of warning. Be careful what you write.. I got a post deleted for “bashing” and was issued a warning when I tried to post here about my issue with the Kylo shards and seek help after support failed me. There was absolutely nothing in my post that warranted that either. But that seems to be the current MO. Do whatever they can to put off the players and make anyone having trouble just go away and not do anything, be it crystals or the actual earned rewards, to remedy the situation. Heck even support even went as far as to threaten account closure on me when I was missing crystals that I paid for in real money when I was trying to get it figured out. As insane as it sounds, that’s exactly what happened. They told me because it takes so many more resources and time to get to the bottom of my issue that if they found out my claim was somehow fraudulent that they would just close my account. All that time, work, and money just gone on a whim of a companies support that’s obviously got core issues to begin with. Obviously I never got it resolved and never went ahead with it. If I can’t trust a company to give me things I actually paid real money for, how can I trust them to investigate it properly and not just wipe my account and make me go away? That’s what they seem to lean to and there was no way I was risking that. Haven’t spent a dime since...

I’ve gotten off on a rant here.. sorry. I’ve just lost so much and not only have found no one on the company side willing to help in the forums, support, or anywhere else. And not only that I’ve been met with animosity at nearly every turn and been threatened with everything from soft bans to account closure just from trying to get help with things that I was obviously missing due to a fault or bug in the game. It’s just absolutely insane. Do what others have done and talk with yr pocketbook since it’s the only language they understand and stop spending. They will be more than willing to help then, I guarantee it.
  • Jt2424
    49 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I submitted a ticket to support. Highly unlikely I get a response or my rewards. Top contributor in my guild and I don't get the rewards. Feeling pretty shafted right now.
  • Options
    An no response.... that is the most infuriating part. My god just show an ounce of respect for the people that pay your salary.
  • JeffVader
    88 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DarkLord30 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon seriously how EA support will solve this issue? I don' t think any of the people who lost rewards (and they are many especially those with arena payouts at the same time that game crashed, as in my case) would care about crystals. What is more important are the TB credits. After spending hours to figure out how we could battle and manage an unfinished game campaign, full of errors, at least we wanted what we worked so hard for: the TB rewards. It doesn't look really nice to throw the ball to EA support which until now hasn't really solved any issue, only provide some crystals and they think they solved the problems. So please find a way to solve the issue, which apparently CG created. We are supporters of this game from the beginning and this is not a really nice way to thank us.

It’s the way that entails the least amount of work on their part. Punt the issue to EA. EA throws a few crystals at the problem hoping people go away because the only compensation they can provide is crystals.

I personally don’t care about crystals as it’s the guild currency that’s most important to me. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll ever see it or the stars added to the achievement. Just a really poor job of responding so far on the part of CG. It’s not a delay - the game crashed, and those that experienced the crash show up as essentially not having participated in the TB. Really frustrating.
  • Options
    We shouldn't have beg for what is owed to us! It's bad enough that we had to endure the bug infested event. Flat out insulting to not even get rewarded for doing your testing.
  • Options
    +1 to the OP. Thank you for being the voice for this that we can rally behind. This situation is ridiculous. I knew in the pit of my stomach when this game crashed I was in a world of trouble. It truly should not be hard for these guys to see that this many people who were in a guild did not receive the rewards. You would think that there is an easy fix to this by reconciling the star totals between guildmates, with that the gear and store credits would come easily with it. It can’t be this hard.
  • Options
    They won't have rights to star wars soon, this is pretty much a guarantee.
This discussion has been closed.