Character building overall

At what point should i stop collecting shards and just work on the characters i have now. Is there a focus point on gear/level or abilities to get my characters to? Or should i continue with trying to get everyone 7* at the moment?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    really you should "never stop" farming shards. i try to use the guild daily missions to keep a floating focus.
    Keep 2 LS and 2 DS toons/ships on farm that will give you LS, DS, and HN guild activities set. and HN days i will only farm shards with very little gear farming. LS and DS days, hit the specific HN and then farm gear.

GW, Arena, Challenges, Cantina table days, do 1 or 2 of your HN farms to complete your daily and then focus the rest on gear.

only ever farm 1 cantina table node at a time.

now the hard part. stay focused on a future plan. HAAT teams, arena plans, pit solo,legendary event, LS TB, DS TB or even ships are all good areas to help you pick a focus(just pick one dont spread yourself too thin) . dont break focus on one until you are done, but this should be balanced with holding arena rank. everything will fall in line eventually. this game is a marathon, so be ready for the long haul.

just my 2 cents
  • Options
    Well said. I get caught up in mods frequently and go through my credits crazily. Will have to teach myself to stay focused on a specific group. Thanks for the reply.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    one additional note. Cantina days, 1 refresh just to mods, or 2 depending on how important the toons you are focused on are from that table. other days its dealers choice. but always want to keep a steady income of mods.
  • Options
    I think it depends on your roster to be honest. I hit a point where I have 37 7* characters, 3 G12, 0 G11. Its kind of pointless for me to to focus on shard farming, that just means I'll have more 7* under geared characters. I also think with TB and TW now...having a larger collection of mods is beneficial as well...so again...if I only have enough secondary speed mods for maybe 3 squads...whats the point of having several more squads that are just garbage because they have trash mods and no gear?

With that being said though...its not like you ever simply stop farming shards. You'll always get shop currencies with nothing to spend on but shards, shards from various events, shards from GW, shards from bronziums, and sometimes hard nodes simply have multiple gear drops you want. I also think you should take into account what are you farming said characters for? If you are 1 character away from having what you need to be ready for the next CLS event or a character getting plugged into your arena team...by god...get it done! If your farming a character for raids but are already in a guild that smashes heroics...maybe grabbing some gear/mods will help more in arenas and TBs.
  • Options
    I think thats where i am right now. I have almost 52 7* characters but majority underleveled/geared. Guess its time to start getting people to 85 and working on grabbing more mods and gear. Can continue to buy shards in the stores.