GW is finally as its Meant to be

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited November 2017
For the longest time GW was terribly built. The teams players would face were terribly OP and weren’t structured properly. The devs finally got it right.
GW is one of the oldest game modes and is meant to be a means of currency and testing squads. It’s something to build towards as rosters are built up and is a progression. Now that the power is capped for a fresh 85 team, all is right as rain. Thank you devs for listening and fixing this.
Any newer players having problems comment and I’ll be happy to help building squads and working towards daily GW completion

Replies

• Options
    I'm curious to know how do you test a team against so weak competition. Are you trying to reach the top 5.000 of your chard?
  • Options
    Those OP and poorly structured teams are the ones I face in arena every day. Now I have nowhere to test out new tags and strategies :(
  • Options
    I'm curious to know how do you test a team against so weak competition. Are you trying to reach the top 5.000 of your chard?

Actually no. I’m top 75-50 actually. Thanks for asking though.
    And for a newly built squad you get to see the synergy for the first time. For example I got to see how the synergy for my Ewok team was coming along. As well as my CLS with a fresh Zhan. You get to test them in a non stressful environment. Are you telling me that you should have to test a team out against a top 5 arena team in the last 4 nodes? Because correct me if I’m wrong but the last structure of GW had similar teams to the current structure in nodes 1,2,3,4,5,7 and 8. The only difference in this structure is that nodes 6,9,10,11 and 12 don’t have ridiculous full G12 and zeta meta teams....allowing for lower level players to clear...hmmmm
  • Options
    I’m torn. I hate how easy it is now. I beat it every time before and yes I would face 3 or 4 fully maxed G12 teams. On the flip side I hated how long it took before. Building up turn meter, sending in suicide squads bah. Now I just hit the auto button.

Overall the time it saves wins out for me. So I guess it is better for me in that sense.
  • Brioli
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The only difference in this structure is that nodes 6,9,10,11 and 12 don’t have ridiculous full G12 and zeta meta teams....allowing for lower level players to clear...hmmmm

That may have been the intent, but it's not the reality. I cleared 11 or 12 of 12 the night before the update, and haven't made it past 6 since.

I understand my weaknesses though. New player (now account level 65) and I've focused on building First Order (G7/8 7* Kylo, 6* FOO/Phasma, 5* FOST and using 7* Rey in place of FOTP whose node I hadn't even unlocked until this week) to get BB8. I also have random Empire and other characters, usually 4/5* G7 mixed bag and JC at 4* G7 that I pop in if I need heals.

So I have zero protection recovery which is a weakness but it wasn't an issue until node 9 before. Now my protection is wiped by node 3 which is a team equivalent to an arena team I may be facing, so my backup characters aren't much help past node 1. And I haven't modded for 200+ speed to just get so far out ahead, which seem to be what I face.

I try different strategies now and it's interesting but depressing that I'm only able to farm 400 tokens a day with 3x the work with multiple retreats instead of 800-1200 before which just slows the game down for me. And that's the main issue, is a major change in progression. Then when I fatfinger Magmatrooper after a couple adult beverages instead of getting my last two shipments of Captain Phasma it's just a bigger kick in the nuts (my fault I know, but still).

So i don't know. I guess if they front loaded the tokens and backloaded with extra crystals I'd be ok since it would be more aligned with arena rewards (squad rank 200 I get 55% of the tokens but only 12% of the crystals compared to rank 1).
  • Brioli
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    GW is one of the oldest game modes and is meant to be a means of currency and testing squads.

Unfortunately it is no longer a means of currency for lower level players. I was completing 11 and sometimes 12 before the update, and now I'm busting my **** to clear 6. That means I went from 800-1200 tokens a day to 400.

I understand my weaknesses. I don't have protection gains, revives, heal to fulls like NS and Phoenix so I'm basically done until I'm level 85 and G10+ with multiple zetas. So like 8 months from now? It's just slowed down my progression and game enjoyment.

I suggest either fixing difficulty for lower level players, or restructure the rewards to more front load tokens and back load with extra crystals for full clears. More in line with arena rewards (e.g. rank 201 in squad gets 55% of the tokens but only 12% of the crystals compared to rank 1).

• Options
    Brioli wrote: »
    GW is one of the oldest game modes and is meant to be a means of currency and testing squads.

Unfortunately it is no longer a means of currency for lower level players. I was completing 11 and sometimes 12 before the update, and now I'm busting my **** to clear 6. That means I went from 800-1200 tokens a day to 400.

I understand my weaknesses. I don't have protection gains, revives, heal to fulls like NS and Phoenix so I'm basically done until I'm level 85 and G10+ with multiple zetas. So like 8 months from now? It's just slowed down my progression and game enjoyment.

I suggest either fixing difficulty for lower level players, or restructure the rewards to more front load tokens and back load with extra crystals for full clears. More in line with arena rewards (e.g. rank 201 in squad gets 55% of the tokens but only 12% of the crystals compared to rank 1).

If the difficulty is too overloaded for newer players in lower level tunes, then I understand your frustration if that’s happening in the earlier node’s.
    However, I can guarantee you that you do not need gear 10 tunes, with Zeta abilities. Nor do you need the night sister clan, or the phoenix squad.
    What team do you use for Arena. Do you have a wig’s team ready? How about an Emperor Palp team? Rex? Resistance? Just wondering and I can help you put together a squad that will help you go deep into galactic war.
  • Brioli
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    What team do you use for Arena. Do you have a wig’s team ready? How about an Emperor Palp team? Rex? Resistance? Just wondering and I can help you put together a squad that will help you go deep into galactic war.

Here's my stuff: https://swgoh.gg/u/brioli/

I started with a First Order team (thinking long term BB8/Rey's jouney on return; I needed a goal to focus on), subbing FOTP for Rey. I've also built up some empire characters (TFP, Tarkin) for fleet arena to help with the FOTP farm and prepare for zeta challenges. My plan was to get FO to 7*, G7/8 ish and then build up resistance and whatever is required for Rey's journey.

I have some stragglers, like Boba (for heists and fleet) and JC and other early toons (GS, QGJ) just not past 4*. Boba for fleet and heists since credits suck and maybe filling out my dark side fleet with GS and maybe TIE Advanced if the blueprints ever show up again. Feeling more likely I'll max level and be able to unlock kylo ren's ship. Anyway I digress.

So anyway, I know the weaknesses as a pure burst team and why I couldn't full clear all the time before. Just the current frustration that it wasn't a problem before the update going at least 10 nodes for 800 tokens.
  • Options

Here's my stuff: https://swgoh.gg/u/brioli/

I started with a First Order team (thinking long term BB8/Rey's jouney on return; I needed a goal to focus on), subbing FOTP for Rey. I've also built up some empire characters (TFP, Tarkin) for fleet arena to help with the FOTP farm and prepare for zeta challenges. My plan was to get FO to 7*, G7/8 ish and then build up resistance and whatever is required for Rey's journey.

I have some stragglers, like Boba (for heists and fleet) and JC and other early toons (GS, QGJ) just not past 4*. Boba for fleet and heists since credits suck and maybe filling out my dark side fleet with GS and maybe TIE Advanced if the blueprints ever show up again. Feeling more likely I'll max level and be able to unlock kylo ren's ship. Anyway I digress.

So anyway, I know the weaknesses as a pure burst team and why I couldn't full clear all the time before. Just the current frustration that it wasn't a problem before the update going at least 10 nodes for 800 tokens.

Ok well, not going to sugar coat it. The FO team is almost useless without a Zeta on Phasma.
    Case in point I have a FO team with Phasma (11), Zylo (11), FOTP (10), FOST (8) and FOO (10). Without that Zeta the extra attacks don’t hit near enough.
    Plus it’s your only viable team. My advice would be to continue to level up as you are in a newer shard.
    Focus on rebels like wigs, leia, ack, lando, sthan, etc. it’s a great team to provide massive damage at your level. Another viable team is a Jedi team with a QGJ lead until you Zeta him.
    What’s your income like and I’ll help you with a strategy as far as how to maximize your resources for a desired team.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/stallion1113/

My roster in case you were curious
  • Brioli
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ok well, not going to sugar coat it. The FO team is almost useless without a Zeta on Phasma.
    Case in point I have a FO team with Phasma (11), Zylo (11), FOTP (10), FOST (8) and FOO (10). Without that Zeta the extra attacks don’t hit near enough.
    Plus it’s your only viable team. My advice would be to continue to level up as you are in a newer shard.
    Focus on rebels like wigs, leia, ack, lando, sthan, etc. it’s a great team to provide massive damage at your level. Another viable team is a Jedi team with a QGJ lead until you Zeta him.
    What’s your income like and I’ll help you with a strategy as far as how to maximize your resources for a desired team.

Yeah I totally get the weaknesses. But like I said I was thinking BB8 as a goal. The problem I've come accross is that whole need zeta thing. And I understand the only way to reliably get zetas is in fleet challenges, which requires 5* Tarkin, which requires 5* DS ships. Hence I've focused secondarily on Tarkin and some empire pilots, plus FO pilots. Ack would be an opportunity cost to fleet zetas and I wanted synergy with Tarkin.

Anyway, Phasma is 90/100 so I was going to focus on Resistance Pilot next to support fleet. Same when FOO is done (41/100) shifting to POE and/or Boba (cantina tokens). And mix farming TFP (maybe 4 or 5* for fleet) and Finn in cantina nodes themselves. Then I be building a resistance team of Finn, Rey, Poe, Pilot, and someday BB8. I figure that's a long commitment right there.

If you mean personal income it's not a limiting factor, and while I've spent and will spend some on crystals or defined packs (no RNG) I won't whale out of principle. If that's not what you meant then I didn't get the question. Anyway, appreciate the comments and any other advice.
  • Options
    Yeah I totally get the weaknesses. But like I said I was thinking BB8 as a goal. The problem I've come accross is that whole need zeta thing. And I understand the only way to reliably get zetas is in fleet challenges, which requires 5* Tarkin, which requires 5* DS ships. Hence I've focused secondarily on Tarkin and some empire pilots, plus FO pilots. Ack would be an opportunity cost to fleet zetas and I wanted synergy with Tarkin.

Anyway, Phasma is 90/100 so I was going to focus on Resistance Pilot next to support fleet. Same when FOO is done (41/100) shifting to POE and/or Boba (cantina tokens). And mix farming TFP (maybe 4 or 5* for fleet) and Finn in cantina nodes themselves. Then I be building a resistance team of Finn, Rey, Poe, Pilot, and someday BB8. I figure that's a long commitment right there.

If you mean personal income it's not a limiting factor, and while I've spent and will spend some on crystals or defined packs (no RNG) I won't whale out of principle. If that's not what you meant then I didn't get the question. Anyway, appreciate the comments and any other advice.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I’m torn. I hate how easy it is now. I beat it every time before and yes I would face 3 or 4 fully maxed G12 teams. On the flip side I hated how long it took before. Building up turn meter, sending in suicide squads bah. Now I just hit the auto button.

Overall the time it saves wins out for me. So I guess it is better for me in that sense.

Yeah, a middleground would have been better.

This is pretty much my GW experience now:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=WKOJAD46XVU

• Options

Well none of those have synergy and you don’t NEED it nor can use it till level 82.
    My advice is continue the BB8 goal to have a viable FO team. But for your level a wiggs led rebel team would be best. Make sure you have wedge and Biggs obviously. And having Leia and Lando is a must too. Now depending on what you want from that team whether it be TM gain or multi attacks and cleanse you go stHan or Ackbar.

And by income I meant ingame currency flow from arena, ships, etc.
    Not so much real currency lol
  • Options
    Starhammer wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Yeah, a middleground would have been better.

This is pretty much my GW experience now:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=WKOJAD46XVU

Lmao go rick and morty
  • Options
    I originally looked into the biggs/wedge team, but wedge doesn't have a node to farm until level 69, so i didn't see the point. Guess i could shift soon though if resistance doesn't have much synergy.

As far as income then im hanging around 200 in squad 500 tokens) and 45 in fleet (1300 tokens). Some guild currency too but nothing from events yet.
  • Options
    I originally looked into the biggs/wedge team, but wedge doesn't have a node to farm until level 69, so i didn't see the point. Guess i could shift soon though if resistance doesn't have much synergy.

As far as income then im hanging around 200 in squad 500 tokens) and 45 in fleet (1300 tokens). Some guild currency too but nothing from events yet.

Resistance does have very good synergy but only with a Zeta. You want teams that have it without them as you continue to level up.
  • Options
    Whales whined until they got what they wanted, but sub 85 ftp got screwed. Which is how its meant to be, I guess.
  • Options
    Whales whined until they got what they wanted, but sub 85 ftp got screwed. Which is how its meant to be, I guess.

Actually whales didn’t care. It was the higher level FTp that got the short end when facing kraken arena teams in 5 of the 12 nodes
  • Options