Kylo Unmasked packs

Just opened a dozen Kylo Unnaksed packs, and NONE were above 7 shards. What a waste, lost that gamble...

Hey EA, your pack rng is terrible. Not buying those again...
Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...

Replies

• Options
    Should have done a search, there's tons out there saying it's heavily weighted on the 5, 7, sometimes 10 shard rewards. It's almost common knowledge to know that you're essentially paying 1299 crystals for 7 character shards
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you are a whale and plan to 7* the toon no matter the cost those packs are a complete waste and not worth the cost at all.
  • Options
    They need to always let us know if these new toons will be variable, when, and how long till crystals in shipments, how long till variable daily, etc. This would allow us enough information to decide if we want to buy the packs now or wait.

Anyone ever do an analysis to see if it's cheaper to max out a toon via shipments versus new release packs in the store?
  • Options
    Firestorm wrote: »
    Anyone ever do an analysis to see if it's cheaper to max out a toon via shipments versus new release packs in the store?

I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that 7 star by packs cost more in terms of crystals compared to grinding on refreshes over time.

I'm not a fan of these 1-100 packs. I'd rather know exactly how many shards I'm getting before buying. I hope this attention microtransactions is getting will force EA to remove the gambling/chance from packs. I'll even go a step further and hope that it forces them to remove rng from rewards entirely. That's just me though.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Tehol
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Well considering they are banning their games in certain countries, seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot. I am loving how they are saying loot boxes etc are a form of gambling, and I hope it forces the whole industry to change the way they do things.