TW tie equals second place for both teams?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    EA will definitely fix this, and quick, since it adversely affects nearly their entire whale population.

Giving the win to the team that finishes first is a very bad idea... geographic discrimination and all. There are two good options. First, give the win to both teams, so rewards and achievements flow. However, a better option is to award 1 banner for a successful defense... ties will still be possible, but it will make for more strategic decision-making and punishes carelessness.

Have at EA.
  • Options
    To prevent all the ties, either add banners for a defensive team winning a match-up or increase the number of defensive teams so the map can’t be cleared so easily.
  • Options
    Giving 1 banner to a defensive hold is dumb because that is going to force guild officers and members to coordinate way too much and ruins the fun of TW. Both teams should just get first place if they fully clear, and for higher GO teams they should increase the necessary power for defensive teams to be placed so one team couldn’t just place a bunch of crap characters.
  • Options
    I'm actually enjoying this mode, but the ties are going to be a problem. There definitely needs to be a tie breaker. A 1 banner per defensive victory would be good.

I dislike this option since you're going to start having people restrict what teams you can use. This removes incentive to use your entire roster and removes the best part of TW; using teams you would normally never use.

I think just allowing MORE defensive teams would be better. Hell raise it to 50 per territory and make it so you dont necessarily know how much you need to put on defense. Or give defense some bonuses to counter the bad AI (counter chance, self cleanse, air strikes etc)

• Options
    Seriously though... successful defensive teams should get 5 banners for defending... 10 for defending twice... etc... that would eliminate like 99% of ties... even if both guilds cleared the map. Even adding +1 banner per successful defense will break 99% of ties too.

Another idea is awarding a bonus of like 2-3 zetas or omegas or a single whole gear piece for clearing map. And if both teams clear map they both get the bonus. Then there's a REAL incentive for guilds to stay engaged and go for broke... I get the 2nd place tie thing really I do... I agree with it really and this is my preferred idea, a bonus for clearing the map. Plus I can see peeps losing interest in TW faster than a debate on the dust mite collections of Ben Stein & Ben Carson... if theres no incentive to clear the map.

As far as both teams getting 2nd place... picture this... a grassy field, a moonlight night, 2 samurai meet each other and know death is the only way they are leaving... both charge, a flash of steel, all goes red, each samurai is mortally wounded, but each has to much pride and honor to let the enemy see him die by the enemies hand... so they both commit seppuku simultaneously...

Thus both get 2nd place... but get the map clearing bonus.
  • rymas1
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Suggestion: Change the rewards to be odd numbers, and go with a 3 outcome solution. Win/Lose/Tie. 3 zetas for a win, 1 for a loss, and 2 for a tie.

or here is a novel concept... the team that finished the war First gets....you know.... first...

Also i would love to know how many times a team defended succesfully. I watched a team (last one standing in the first Territory) get attacked 6 times and not completely all until the 7th. Now I have no way of knowing if there were more attacks before i started watching, or how strong of a team they were facing (could be all scrubs) but standing strong 7 times on defense should be worth something.
  • Options
    rymas1 wrote: »
    Suggestion: Change the rewards to be odd numbers, and go with a 3 outcome solution. Win/Lose/Tie. 3 zetas for a win, 1 for a loss, and 2 for a tie.

or here is a novel concept... the team the finished the war First gets....you know.... first...

The first is ok the second not, as it would punish guild from different timezones. Or guild with members from different timezones.

IMHO the best solution is still give both 1st place rewards and if people are so worried about collusion just hide the enemy guild until the end of the TW...
  • Options
    No way they can make both sides 1st place as it's far too easy to coordinate between guilds and both put out weak defensive team so both teams can clear the map to force a tie and get 1st place prices.
    My guild also tied in our TW (GP just under 110M). Both guilds put out the max number of teams on defense and we both had a large number of Zarriss meta teams, Nightsisters, Krennic lead teams that are notoriously difficult to beat. Their middle, back territory scare the heck out of us when we opened it up and we decided to go around it to try and take more territories then them. It didn't matter. We cleared it with several players still having some meta teams left and I suspect they did as well.
    This is only going to get worse. As characters are added, the number of teams we can attack with will grow while the number of teams we can defend with is going to remain the same. They need to increase the number of teams that we can defend with in each territory (that will in return leave each guild with less teams to attack with). Perhaps a scaling system where at GP 100M 5 more are added to each territory and at 115M or 120M 5 more are.
    As it is, all the wonderful strategy that was put into defending and attacking for both us and Legion 501st went to waste. It didn't matter at all. I suspect a lot of guilds at 100M+ are going to have similar results as us. If they don't change it, I see a lot of hard fought wars with a tie and 2nd place rewards in our future.
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/