RG > Poe?

The soon to be buff of RG may provide an interesting alternative to Poe.

I am happy because I previously built RG to 5* for the tank challenge and have found him to be pretty durable but hits like a pool noodle.
If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez

Replies

• Options
    The stun is preetty nice, but his special ability is still totally useless.. Then you'll have a meat shield that basically does nothing (no dmg low speed).. I don't think she culd be "viable"..
  • Options
    under a bariss lead defence up makes a notable difference. You hit maybe 80% what you usually hit.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Isnt royal guard male?

dude those are robes.

not a skirt.
  • Options
    "hits like a pool noodle" made me laugh, thanks for that :D
  • Options
    "like an angry red chihuahua"
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    The stun is preetty nice, but his special ability is still totally useless.. Then you'll have a meat shield that basically does nothing (no dmg low speed).. I don't think she culd be "viable"..

I think the new RG is super broken with the right team. CG must reconsider their buff to RG
  • Options
    Remember that mace buff?
  • Options
    Nerf? :D
  • Options
    With bariss lead and Daka, it's hard to beat now. With Ewok elder, even harder. Total meta change
  • Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    With bariss lead and Daka, it's hard to beat now. With Ewok elder, even harder. Total meta change

Totally agree.

• Options
    Sweet. I knew that holding on the Red Guy will be worth it. Stun chance? Guaranteed speed-independent taunt? Great. The special is still good mostly for clearing Mace's shatterpoints in the tank challenge, though...
  • Options
    Why's that fella? I'm not sure I follow.

• Options

Please. Speed/DPS teams will eat that for lunch.
    I'm glad RG will soon no longer be totally useless, but he's hardly going to change the meta. I have a hard time understanding how people can go from "Poe sucks because his speed is now 142 instead of 143" to suddenly being excited about a guy who only taunts when the match is in many cases basically decided.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Monkeyman wrote: »

I would guess speed-independent taunt, passive heal, and if killed revive and repeat while keeping the glass cannons safe and cozy.
  • Options
    The important thing is, does his taunt fire off mid-assist, since most assists take a character below 50% HP does his taunt fire even if the assist attacks hits the initial target? That would mean that you'd have a taunt almost from the beginning of the match.

• Options
    The important thing is, does his taunt fire off mid-assist, since most assists take a character below 50% HP does his taunt fire even if the assist attacks hits the initial target? That would mean that you'd have a taunt almost from the beginning of the match.

My guess is that the taunt will trigger after the first attack if the condition is met, but it will not affect the assist. After all, not even death affects the assist, the target just stands there with 0hp until he gets the second punch. If the assist was affectable by changes happening between it and the initial attack, the target would just fall and no assist would happen.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

My guess is that the taunt will trigger after the first attack if the condition is met, but it will not affect the assist. After all, not even death affects the assist, the target just stands there with 0hp until he gets the second punch. If the assist was affectable by changes happening between it and the initial attack, the target would just fall and no assist would happen.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, or couldn't convey my point since English is not my native language so sometimes I just write as I think it comes off as a tad run-on sentences and whatnot.

So QGJ uses assist on say Sid, it is a crit and Sid is below 50%, RG automatically fires off his taunt, the second part of the assist procs and Sid is killed. But you still have an active taunt that could potentially be incredibly good.

The other possibility is that the taunt does not fire since it considers 'assist attacks' as one long attack sequence that takes a character directly from 100% to 0%, essentially a OHKO. If the first scenario happens RG buff is going to be interesting, if the second scenario takes place it is garbage.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Monkeyman wrote: »

Have a look: now, you usually can kill at least one dps quickly. Now, they will have bariss as lead, and even Rey is very difficult to one-shot. If dps is not killed, Royal guard immediately taunts, bariss may equalize. You don't have a luxury to hit a target with two high speed chars in a row any more - taunt comes automatically and immediately, regardless of speed, and outside of rg turn. And even if you are super lucky with crits and kill one, here comes revive. And this taunt is not limited by any cool down, it's passive and effectively will be up all the time. All this comes together with a 50% stun on basic attack and turn meter manipulation, by the way :)

If you focus fire rg instead. - good luck, dps destroy you.

If Poe was overpowered, then Royal Guard will just reign supreme - there are no counters to such a godlike power.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Uhmm, perhaps we shall dust off AoE hard hitters..
    Res non verba
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If Poe was overpowered, then Royal Guard will just reign supreme - there are no counters to such a godlike power.

Nice. I was actually taking you seriously until this last line. You got me. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Bora wrote: »

Just the ones without any debuffs, or the Magmatrooper will keep on attacking... And Veers has a chance of ability block, disabling the AoEs. Empire team could be nasty, they seem to fit together well...
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

Just the ones without any debuffs, or the Magmatrooper will keep on attacking... And Veers has a chance of ability block, disabling the AoEs. Empire team could be nasty, they seem to fit together well...

Do you have a link to datamine?
    Res non verba
  • Options

All that remains now is for the new ways to get the Vader shards. And who knows... maybe the chromium transfer to Cantina will be Tarkin!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Do you have a link to datamine?
    UNIT_MAGMATROOPER_DESC|Resilient Attacker that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage
    BASICABILITY_MAGMATROOPER_DESC|Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 35% chance to damage another random target. The secondary attack deals 50% less damage. BASICABILITY_MAGMATROOPER_NAME|Line of Fire BASICABILITY_MAGMATROOPER_TIER07_DESC|Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to damage another random target. The secondary attack deals 35% less damage.
    SPECIALABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_DESC|Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and remove 20% Turn Meter, with a 40% chance to remove another 20% Turn Meter. This attack ignores Armor. SPECIALABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_NAME|Thermal Imploder SPECIALABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_TIER07_DESC|Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and remove 30% Turn Meter, with a 40% chance to remove another 30% Turn Meter. This attack ignores Armor.
    UNIQUEABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_DESC|Magmatrooper has +15% Tenacity and gains 20% Turn Meter whenever he Resists or suffers a negative status effect. UNIQUEABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_NAME|Hazard Training UNIQUEABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_TIER07_DESC|Magmatrooper has +30% Tenacity and gains 60% Turn Meter whenever he Resists or suffers a negative status effect.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Deimos wrote: »

All that remains now is for the new ways to get the Vader shards. And who knows... maybe the chromium transfer to Cantina will be Tarkin!

If it indeed is Tarkin, I think we can bet on the next event being Empire.