TW Rewards Change

Finity
309 posts Member
edited December 2017
For the next TW, minimally there needs to be a difference between the rewards of 2 guilds tying, and a guild in the same bracket losing. Tying guilds should not get First Place rewards, but they both deserve more than Second Place if they tie. For a tie, there should be an average of the rewards for both teams. Here is an example:

example: 100M-109.9M Bracket
1st place = 2 zeta, 1350 guild tokens, 450 GET, 3 omegas, 4 purple mats, 560k credits, W1-05A loot box
2nd place = 1 zeta, 1150 guild tokens, 375 GET, 2 omegas, 3 purple mats, 140k credits, W1-05B loot box

new tie reward: 2 zetas, 1250 guild tokens, 400 GET, 2 omegas, 4 purple mats, 350k credits, W1-05B loot box

And hopefully this is simpler to implement than a tiebreaker system of some kind, but tying guilds want to be differentiated from losing guilds because there is a difference.

- Finity
Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers

Replies

• Options
    Totally agree.
    I don't think ties themselves are a huge problem. This mode is fun and that's the most important thing.

Getting the losing rewards is a bit of a feel bad though. Just a small bump so we felt like we earned something.
  • Options
    totally agree. currently u actually have the incentive to throw a coin and just let one guild win, which is better overall than fight for a tie. all u do then is fight for diminished rewards for the ooponent
  • Options
    Finity wrote: »
    For the next TW, minimally there needs to be a difference between the rewards of 2 guilds tying, and a guild in the same bracket losing. Tying guilds should not get First Place rewards, but they both deserve more than Second Place if they tie. For a tie, there should be an average of the rewards for both teams. Here is an example:

example: 100M-109.9M Bracket
    1st place = 2 zeta, 1350 guild tokens, 450 GET, 3 omegas, 4 purple mats, 560k credits, W1-05A loot box
    2nd place = 1 zeta, 1150 guild tokens, 375 GET, 2 omegas, 3 purple mats, 140k credits, W1-05B loot box

new tie reward: 2 zetas, 1250 guild tokens, 400 GET, 2 omegas, 4 purple mats, 350k credits, W1-05B loot box

And hopefully this is simpler to implement than a tiebreaker system of some kind, but tying guilds want to be differentiated from losing guilds because there is a difference.

- Finity

I think EA should think better how new content works.

GvG was highly demanded, but the rewards were not well thinked in case of ties.

A simple solution is to give extra banners in this cases:

- By toons surviving an attack (in offense or defense mode).
    - By deploying non used toons, like in TB

That could break the ties problem with a fair solution for the really stronger guild...
  • Options
    Agreed. Tying is not losing(aka 2nd place) and should not be treated as such.
  • Laserbrain
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Adlro wrote: »

I think EA should think better how new content works.

GvG was highly demanded, but the rewards were not well thinked in case of ties.

A simple solution is to give extra banners in this cases:

- By toons surviving an attack (in offense or defense mode).
    - By deploying non used toons, like in TB

That could break the ties problem with a fair solution for the really stronger guild...

Excellent idea
  • Options
    Agreed. I'm fine if they want to, in time, implement a change that would make ties impossible/extremely unlikely, but in the short term this "split the difference" reward would make good sense.
  • Options
    should consider giving X points each time a defense team survives an attack, and XX points for finishing first. The XX will incentivize guilds to put strong teams on defense instead of just saving everything for offense.
    Guild: OuterRimJob
    Ally code: 339-952-973
  • Options
    Moved to Territory Wars.
  • Options
    I think the guild who has less GP should get the tie breaker as they had less to work with.
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I think the guild who has less GP should get the tie breaker as they had less to work with.

No. It should at least in some way be related to performance. Lower GP guilds would always play for tie if they knew they would "autowin" the tie breaker.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*