7* hermit yoda, 5* wampa, or more G12 gear pieces?

Prev1
Don't know what to farm next from TB shop. I use zhoda on my arena team but I dunno if him being 7* and G12 will be a big boost as he never attacks. I haven't looked much into wampa but he looks cool (haha get it?) But don't know if he would help in DSTB much or not (my DS stinks). As for G12 pieces I am currently buying a few on pieces that I have very close but I haven't noticed a huge boost when I equip them.
What do u guys think?
https://swgoh.gg/u/maathfaseli/

Replies

• Options
    The biggest difference I have noticed is G11 to G12. However some of those G12 pieces have huge boosts to the characters stats. I myself am buying character shards that are harder to come by in other areas of the game before focusing on Hermit Yoda or Wampa. My guild would benefit more from me having Krennic than Wampa as of right now.

The best advice I would give you is to beef up your entire dark side roster. You have a lot of 7* DS guys but none of them are geared very high. Start buying the gear they need from the guild event store and other areas. This will not only help your guild in Dark Side territory battles but also in territory wars as well.
  • Options
    I have HYoda at 5-star and I would rather have all that currency back for Wampa instead. I think with less DS toons that Wampa would be more desirable - and he's a beast (literally).

I think its really just a personal choice for all. Eventually we will probably all have both toons at 7-star and plenty of G12 gear. Comes down to what do you want to get first.
  • Options
    Well said above. Hoda is closer to 7* so I might as well get him there in the event he’s needed for Juke. Or maybe Wampa needed for that luke? Maybe both will be needed!!!! Haha wompa looks fun , hoda may be important. The decision is yours!
  • Options
    Ima do wampa, just borrowed one and he hit for 30K on his basic!! That sold me! :p
  • Options
    Im gonna farm hermit yoda to 7* first then wampa... gear can wait. Its now or never with those TB characters
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Go for yoda - yes everyone is pumped for the new Rey Heoroes Journey event, but Luke's Hero Journey is not yet over.

You can bet your life the Hermit Yoda will certainly be a requirement for that. He's a long farm, so work on him now if I were you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    wampa 7* obviously, why ins't that an option?! ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Lol this is a hard choice
  • Options
    Will farm hoda first just in case he is needed for jedi luke then I'll get wampa
  • Options
    Just remember that Wampa was clearly designed to be a counter to the overpowered Rebels. So he will only be useful as long as the meta is Rebel-centric. That means he will always be useful.
  • Options
    With getting less Guild Event currency from DS TB and with another exclusive char to get with GE currency I would love to see them drop the price of Hoda and Wampa shards. Currently it cost 270 GE currency per Hoda or Wampa shard I would love to see it at a 200 - 220 cost per shard.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Just remember that Wampa was clearly designed to be a counter to the overpowered Rebels. So he will only be useful as long as the meta is Rebel-centric. That means he will always be useful.

Haha. This man speaks truth
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

ROFL :D:D:D
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Go for yoda - yes everyone is pumped for the new Rey Heoroes Journey event, but Luke's Hero Journey is not yet over.

You can bet your life the Hermit Yoda will certainly be a requirement for that. He's a long farm, so work on him now if I were you.

I can see you and many others in this thread have gained the foresight buff :)

Wonder if Hoth Han and Leia will be required as well :/
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

"A prophecy that misread might have been" - in which case go with Wampa, lol
  • Options
    Will farm hoda first just in case he is needed for jedi luke then I'll get wampa

My thoughts as well
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I went with Hyoda instead of Wampa. I have a feeling he will be needed for the next version of Luke Skywalker. Could be wrong. But better safe than sorry. I would hate to have to try and panic farm from guild event store. And seeing them together (HYoda-CLS), on My squad only reinforces my feeling lol.
  • Options

"A prophecy that misread might have been" - in which case go with Wampa, lol

Would be a hilarious twist if Wampa was required instead of Hoda! lol. I actually kind of want that to happen now!
  • Options
    Wampa would be an enemy in the journey rather than a requirement.
  • Options
    wampa wampa wampa..
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    In show biz they say never work with children or animals.

In regard to children, we thankfully do not have little Ani I this game.

As for working with animals - farm the Wampa if you dare.
  • Options
    Im going all in on Wampa... I have him at 5* now, maxed g11 and decent mods... not arena viable with the current meta, but after he is 7* he gets alot tougher and alot more powerful (2 bayonets on his g12) Should get him to 7* by February... if you are starting from scratch, you are probably looking at April if you use all your GET... if you're cool with that, I'd say its worth it.
  • Options
    Easiest answer. Wampa 7*.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Im going all in on Wampa... I have him at 5* now, maxed g11 and decent mods... not arena viable with the current meta, but after he is 7* he gets alot tougher and alot more powerful (2 bayonets on his g12) Should get him to 7* by February... if you are starting from scratch, you are probably looking at April if you use all your GET... if you're cool with that, I'd say its worth it.

live a little, put him in arena ;)
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Get a couple high powered teams going then decide which toon you want. I have enough under-geared 7* toons that I can focus on them as I get stars for hyoda and wompa. But I still have my power teams done, this way I have fun while I wait and keep my edge
  • Options
    If you want to be apart of the exclusive club that will be crying of the forum when they need a 7 star Hermit Yoda for a Jedi Luke one day and have no TB currency left I suggest you go for gear or the Wampa
  • Options
    Woompa doompa doompadee do - I have a little advice for you.

Woompa doompa dompadee dee - buy the snow beast with guild event currency.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    If you want to be apart of the exclusive club that will be crying of the forum when they need a 7 star Hermit Yoda for a Jedi Luke one day and have no TB currency left I suggest you go for gear or the Wampa

i highly doubt that club is going to be "exclusive" ;)
  • Options
    I'm strictly buying HYoda... I'm in a smaller guild and FTP, so resources r tight. Like others I've got Jedi Luke in mind. And, yes, I think hoth Han & leia will b needed, too.