Is there a META Fleet Arena team?

Lilpup
403 posts Member
edited December 2017
I've been using the old Endurance Target Lock team and feel it need an update. I want to get back into the top 20

Replies

• Options
    Chimera, Biggs, Reaper, TFP, FOTP. That’s the base. Maul in reserve. Vader is usually the 5th, although Fives is very common too.
  • Options
    One of the best team out there is Tie reaper, tie fighter, first order tie fighter, biggs's ship + scimitar in reserve. And either tarkin or thrawn capital ship. Not sure what the ideal filling of this team is, but something like tie advanced, slave 1 and sun fac's ship should do well.
    I personally don't have tie repaer and FO tie fighter, but I use something similar, and teams with these ships are very difficult to beat for me.
  • Options
    Thrawn lead is the meta.

Pick any 5 of the following:
    Biggs
    Vader
    TFP
    FOTP
    Slave 1
    Bistan's U
    Reaper
    Falcon
    5's

Typically Scimitar in reserves.
  • Options
    biggs tfp reaper fotp vader
    +boba fives gauntlet maul
    Thrawn lead

Uwings, ghost, phamtom, ahsoka, jc, wedge, poe, silencer, sf tie, falcon, kylo shuttle can also be used as well
  • Options
    Thats pretty much everyone. Maybe list ships not to use, geo soldier and spy are all that I can see off the top of my head.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn lead, always.

- TFP, FOTP, Vader, Tie Reaper, Biggs
    - TFP, FOTP, Vader, Bistan, Biggs
    - TFP, FOTP, Tie Reaper, Bistan, Biggs

I personally like Vader /w the Tie, the version of Bistan is a good alternative too and the two of them combined is a risky set-up but if any target locks land it's the best out of all.
  • Options
    The skeleton of the current fleet meta is biggs with 4 target lockers, like vader, tfp, fotp, boba.
    Target lock on basic is better to feed protection and taunt to biggs.
    This is great with Tarkin, and probably Thrawn as well.

There are other combinations that may work with Thrawn, or even with Tarkin, and some hard farm ships/pilots like tie reaper, but the above has been the meta for a long time.
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    The skeleton of the current fleet meta is biggs with 4 target lockers, like vader, tfp, fotp, boba.
    Target lock on basic is better to feed protection and taunt to biggs.
    This is great with Tarkin, and probably Thrawn as well.

There are other combinations that may work with Thrawn, or even with Tarkin, and some hard farm ships/pilots like tie reaper, but the above has been the meta for a long time.

That strategy isn’t near as effective with Thrawn out there now. Thrawn grants attackers offense up and Biggs defense down, allowing attackers like FOTP or TP to hit for near 100k. They can burn right through that protection.

The name of the game now is TM gain/removal from capital ships. TP granting TM with evasion and Repaer removing it with any death. Target lock and Biggs is important to keep your Reaper from being targeted immediately, but the protection up just doesn’t hold like it used to.