Post update GW crushes players at 55-65. CONFIRMED revised update needed

I've been researching the feedback and posts regarding GW since the update. From what I can surmise, the update has benefited end game tier players fairly well as there was a call to do so. Well done development, that was needed. However, it appears that since the change, lower tier players are unable to complete, or even get past half the nodes. My experience corroborated this deduction. It looks like the update got it.....half right.

Shard farming and bringing in new toons to build teams is the core of this game. When lower tier players' ability to do this is either halved or reduced greatly, as GW completion drops rare and valuable shards, we see that game play and enjoyability is impacted quite negatively for many; I'm not alone in this gripe. Fewer gems means slower and harder shard farming. GW gems are the single greatest source for shards at this level. Ship currency is good but green gems are more impactful.

This feedback on GW is one of the most viewed and commented on in the whole forum, there is lots of energy devoted by users to this aspect of the game. Again, my observations and experience would infer that the update has impacted mid and lower tier players negatively while improving things for higher tier players. There is an opportunity for improvement here.

I will post some screenshots of my team, arena squad and rank as well as other info pertinent to this gripe. Input from lower tier players level 50-65 or so is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: My Phasma was farmed with gems, Rey was purchased for 50$ so she's a bit of an outlier in that sense but everyone else was either obtained through bronzium cards or otherwise organic in nature.

https://imgur.com/a/4DHSI