CG continues to troll us

After spending over 2.000 cantina energy on veterans nodes, i have yet to see the first omega material drop. Why does CG finds so much satisfaction trolling us?

Replies

• Options
    I've gotten at least a half dozen in the last week farming V.Chewie.. RNG is a cruel mistress
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Omegas are ~1 in 100 drops on 16 energy nodes. So 1 every 1600 energy. Spending 2000 energy and getting 0 isn’t that improbable or unheard of tbh.
  • Options
    And this 1% number, you get it from... ?
  • Options
    I 7 starred DT without any omega drop
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    And this 1% number, you get it from... ?

Playing the game daily for 2 years and counting drop rates in the past + knowledge of forum posts on this topic in the past.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Omega drops are a blessing. If you’re expecting them, don’t.
  • Options
    I haven't even paid attention. All about the vet shards
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Intentional or not, I have kept a mental record of all the techniques that I see them using to make the sale and make any spending as meaningless as possible. In the end it all rests on one presumption: playing Star Wars is a foregone conclusion. People *will* play it, want to feel they are a part of this universe and feel powerful in it. Financially, I'm sure they have studied everything about it. The drop rate is just a time-line instead of an experience curve. People *will* grind it out.

If you can understand what they are doing and be mindful of the patterns in other areas, you will be able to win even for losing. It's an impressive scheme.

BTW: CG are the programmers and developers, the probably do not have any say on any business schedule.
  • Options
    I think what CG are missing out on is the spend Vs reward... I've bought crystals for refreshes for vets.. I want to be encouraged when I spend for a drop not the opposite and lately when you spend you get less (in my very qualtative experience opinion) That's when I stop on any game.
  • Options
    Been farming Deathtrooper and I think I've gotten more omega's then shards...
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if I have never received an Omega from the cantina nodes. I just ignore their existence as a possible drop. May as well have a 0% drop rate.