Exploring Mergers

Zoj
46 posts Member
So, I'm a GL doing some research on guild mergers.

Predominantly, larger guilds want to absorb smaller guilds. Which makes sense. However, there are many smaller guilds that are roughly on a par. These guilds seem more reluctant to give up their guild and join another. Which also makes sense.

Given this situation, how many GLs of smaller guilds would be interested in a 3 guild merger?

It would take, say, 8-10 Lvl 85 players + 5 Lvl 70-80 players from each guild. I'm thinking a two step process:

1. Create an entirely new guild for approximately 45 Lvl 70-85 players to populate
2. Create a Sister guild for players below Lvl 70 from all 3 guilds to populate

The 3 GLs would have to decide together on who, on the one hand, becomes the GL of the new main guild. On the other hand, they'd have to decide who becomes the GL of the Sister guild. This would be accomplished with an Alt. That leaves the third GL to act as the First Officer of the new main guild, likely overseeing day to day things like Raids, TBs, and maybe even TWs.

With enough preparation and clear communication, this would be hard to do, but not impossible. I think that a less ambitious 2 guild merger would work with this basic merger model as well.

I realize this is a rough sketch, and that it doesn't remotely apply to all guilds interested in mergers. But, in theory, does this idea sound at least interesting to any GLs out there? I'm just taking notes at this point. Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    We are a guild or 23 active players called southampton1976 looking to recruit or merge with another guild.
    We currently do
    Tank Takedown normal
    Rancore heroic
    The reason for our merge or recruitment is due to the new territory wars guild events needing minimum 25 players and we are a guild of only 23.
    If interested please apply to join southampton1976
    Or contact myself
    monkeyhanger1976@gmail.com
    Thanks all the best
    Monkeyhanger