Should I zeta a weak Finn?

I have zeta mats I was saving in hopes of CLS coming back but people keep talking about how great Finn is.
I have Poe at 7* and Finn half way to his 7th but Resistance Trooper is only 2*.
Also, I am farming way too much right now to focus on gearing them up.
Should I switch gears and focus on resistance?

Replies

• Options
    Well, since GW eased up, he is not as important since a 2* trooper means no raides for you. Get enough speed on them, even an understarred/undergeared(my son does it with G7-8 resistance 5* Finn) will stomp any PVE meta squad. PVP arena, no chance.
  • Options
    He is amazing in tb but you need resistance trooper for it to work
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.
    Only other options I have, besides waiting for CLS, is Kylo or Bariss.
    I can always farm trooper. But beside Poe and R2 who else runs well under zeta Finn lead?
  • Options
    trooper, rey, res pilot and bb8
  • Options

Well those are the toons with resistance tag but most Finn lead teams only run Poe and trooper and 2 non-resistance characters.
    So, who plays off the expose mechanic that isn't resistance?
  • Options
    Sabine, sidious...tarkin with zeta I think
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    most Finn lead teams only run Poe and trooper and 2 non-resistance characters.

Says who?

Sure you can bring in a Sid or Hera and get some occasional extra exposes, but I'd much rather run some combo of R2 BB8 and Rey (depending on game mode) and take advantage of all the tm gain and cooldowns. Non-res just sit around most of the battle getting no turns.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I would say Barriss might be a better bet than Finn now that GW has been nerfed. But zFinn will make for a good TB team. That said, all the zetas on CLS are worthwhile, so if you are ready for him, I'd sit tight till he shows up.
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    I would say Barriss might be a better bet than Finn now that GW has been nerfed. But zFinn will make for a good TB team. That said, all the zetas on CLS are worthwhile, so if you are ready for him, I'd sit tight till he shows up.

His leader is pretty meh.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I wasted a zeta on Finn before Poe and the Trooper were ready. It hasn’t paid off at all.
  • Options
    I just used my resistance team in TW and they were awful. I think I'm going to wait until Finn is geared higher before I zeta him.
  • Options
    I just used my resistance team in TW and they were awful. I think I'm going to wait until Finn is geared higher before I zeta him.

Resistance without Finns zeta is gonna be awful regardless of gear level Finns zeta is the only thing that makes that squad function well
  • Options

Well those are the toons with resistance tag but most Finn lead teams only run Poe and trooper and 2 non-resistance characters.
    So, who plays off the expose mechanic that isn't resistance?

Only if you want to use them wrong.
    Nonresistance characters on either team shouldnt be getting a turn at all.
  • Options
    No. Get the whole team to 7* and g8 or g9 with full potency mods for exposers and then zeta finn for tank raids, territory battles, etc