What's The End Game for Arena?

Hi all,

Just a discussion on the direction of Arena going forward. I don't know about you but on a 1-year old shard, Arena is getting more and more "diverse".

With the latest addition of the NS meta, a lot of different teams can beat you on offense and speed doesn't matter that much anymore since the counter meta emerged with CLS. DN teams are still arena viable if part of a Rex or GK/Zarriss team.

G12 was to me a big game changer for Arena too as now slower/less optimal teams can survive another day with larger health and prot pools and win more easily on offense than in the past when G11 was the limit.

So all in all, Arena is becoming more and more competitive. Some people are just constantly active during the day and would not join a shard chat. A very few teams can hold relatively well on D (e.g. Old Ben, NS with speed) and this could be my next move but I'm not making this decision until Training Rey is released as this might change the meta again. And we all know DS metas don't last long since it's not really the CG' favourite side of the force!

So will it be that end-game Arena will just be a gigantic chaos where only the ones willing to do 10+ battles per day will prevail?

I understand the argument for Arena diversity but having a Wild West is not the solution either as it will drive people to quit.

One solution could be to totally rethink how Arena works. The payout time concept is a burden for those living in highly populated time zones (e.g. Continental Europe). Weak teams living in let's say Russia can claim first every day without being bothered by snipers.

I think one solution could be to use the TW format and translate it to Arena. Instead of having a "live" ranking, players should post a small number of D teams and attack a small number of players' teams on O. How well you do would give you crystals - TBD. This would still be PvP, but without losing your sanity.

Arena is time consuming, can drives you mad depending on which time zone you live, and could ultimately lead people to stop playing because of the abuse. We have enough time consuming game modes at the moment to have to worry about your arena ranking all day long.

I welcome your thoughts.