Territory Wars...Sandbagging Greatness?

Dryff
672 posts Member
So, what if you had only 10 members register (or a 10 person guild?), each with 3M Galactic Power...you get matched up against a guild that probably had 40 players register at 800K a piece.

Is there any way whatsoever the 10-man guild loses? Could 40 players at 800K power even beat ONE G12 top-tier Arena team?

:D

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    25 member minimum...
  • Options
    Registration requires 25 members
  • Options
    It matches you based on active players and gp
  • Options
    We encountered that very thing this past TW, just not quite to the extreme you suggested. Significantly less people registered on their side and their resulting average GP per player was close to a million more than ours.
  • Options
    Same -first TW had everyone registering and it didn't go so well.
    Second TW had our most active guys only and we steamrolled.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I mean it could work as long as half of your guild was okay with not participating and receiving 0 rewards
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not suggesting it as a viable strategy, more like a loophole in the way they designed it. If you have a guild of 25-30 whale members that can complete HAAT and TB pretty easily, you would steamroll TW.

I suppose the overall awards are based on guild GP, so you wouldn't really benefit from this all that much...
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I can't see people being ok with their guild leaving them out of participating and getting 0 rewards, but maybe there are people ok with that...
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting it as a viable strategy, more like a loophole in the way they designed it. If you have a guild of 25-30 whale members that can complete HAAT and TB pretty easily, you would steamroll TW.

I suppose the overall awards are based on guild GP, so you wouldn't really benefit from this all that much...

But then again, if your guild is full of whales ... why would they care about rewards?
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »

25 whales and 25 minnows in a guild is probably a recipe for disaster anyway, but lets say you you split your whale guild after TB and join TW in two 25member teams. You effectively halve your GP and get a "guaranteed" win (lets say, 120m splits into 2x60m).

The table says:

A win at 60m GP gives you 2 zetas, a tw 10a gold box and 1075 guild credits.
    A loss at 120m GP gives you 2 zetas, a tw 03b gold box and 1250 guild credits.
    The 03b gold box has more rewards than the 10a box. So even losing without splitting the guild is better than winning after splitting.

But what about the ranking? While obviously winning consistently with a 60m guild will get you a better ranking than losing consistently with 120m, but you'll still be pretty low down on the scoreboard: if you're doing it for the ranking, stick with the full guild and improve your gameplan so you can compete for the higher spot on the scoreboard than the guaranteed mediocre spot.