Ewoks/Wicket Viable in Arena?

Slugbacca
15 posts Member
edited December 2017
I was just wondering if Ewoks are worth working on. I was excited with their changes, but haven’t had much luck with the AT-ST event so I focused on other toons. I am currently looking into them again and wondered how high they can climb in the arena, especially since the Nightsisters rework.

So, people who use Ewoks, is there any value in gearing them up and getting Wicket? I can’t decide whether to work on Nightsisters or Ewoks.

Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• Options
    I think I'd say NS if you want to climb the Arena ladder... Ewoks could be a fun group though to play with
  • Options
    They look good, better than Nightsisters IMO. They certainly can compete in arena against the current meta on offense. I hear they are lots of fun to play as well. Either way your best bet is to pick one and really focus on it. Good luck!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ewoks are fun but trash. if those are your choices go nightsister imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Anything that was remotely good in the movies minus one or two characters are not good in this game. NS are way more powerful in the force than characters like Yoda or Palpatine, if you want to play iconic Star Wars characters you can just don’t expect them to be very good.
    To play the best teams get the newest characters even if it makes zero sense from a Star Wars point of view that they should be any good.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    My nihilus squad stomps on ewoks... maybe wicket is the key to a really strong ewok squad.
  • Options
    There are several post about them, seems like they only struggle to beat zarris, in this case they usually add thrawn to the team
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    I've been told by guid mates that they have several ewok teams in their shard that finish in 1st place. With Wicket, they can perfectly be top Arena, but they don't hold too well on defense.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks are lots of fun. Can take on the current popular teams. I ran them fully zeta'ed for a while.
    Like any team that requires smart decisions they are horrid on defense.
    It is all about getting them going which normally means beating the opponents out the gate, using paploo to call logray who can then tm push the rest. Sadly that is a move the ai will almost never make.
  • Options
    not really, but they are murder bears, so could be
  • Options

Slugbacca wrote: »
    So, people who use Ewoks, is there any value in gearing them up and getting Wicket? I can’t decide whether to work on Nightsisters or Ewoks.

Ewoks pro: THey can deal with a large variety of enemies.

Wicket is very strong and all new Ewok's Zetas are based on heal and protection recover.
    Paploo's zeta makes him one of the best tank of the game. He can recover all protection always.... so, the ewok team can hold arena rank better on defense.

But.... Ewoks are based on criticals... and can't deal with Zarris.

Check them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50_cTKcRwqI

• Options
    ^ Solid.

Still hate them though...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    bobmussini wrote: »
    Slugbacca wrote: »

Ewoks pro: THey can deal with a large variety of enemies.

Wicket is very strong and all new Ewok's Zetas are based on heal and protection recover.
    Paploo's zeta makes him one of the best tank of the game. He can recover all protection always.... so, the ewok team can hold arena rank better on defense.

But.... Ewoks are based on criticals... and can't deal with Zarris.

Check them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50_cTKcRwqI

Sure they can Just have to strategize it (No G12 components.)

https://youtu.be/_F0hChESAAE

• Options
    There’s an Ewok team in my leaderboard hanging out in the 200-100 range. Like most teams, it’s good on offense and bad on defense. It can win on defense if you’re fast because Logray is a sonnnnnofabiscuit.

But because people think Ewoks are weak, you get targeted a lot and will slide overnight even if you win a couple of those defense foghts.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    They look good, better than Nightsisters IMO. They certainly can compete in arena against the current meta on offense. I hear they are lots of fun to play as well. Either way your best bet is to pick one and really focus on it. Good luck!

I’m guessing you haven’t seen good NS teams. They areprobably the best defensive team in the game right now (pending the emergence of these strong resistance teams).

Ewoks can be very good, but they certainly aren’t on the same level as NS, Resistance, or Rebel meta teams.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    There’s an Ewok team in my leaderboard hanging out in the 200-100 range. Like most teams, it’s good on offense and bad on defense. It can win on defense if you’re fast because Logray is a sonnnnnofabiscuit.

But because people think Ewoks are weak, you get targeted a lot and will slide overnight even if you win a couple of those defense foghts.

Very true.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

Very true.

Very very true.
    I hold position better between top 40-60... At 60-100, that's a lot more contenders overnight...
  • Options

[/quote]

Sure they can Just have to strategize it (No G12 components.)

https://youtu.be/_F0hChESAAE

[/quote]

Nice win! Very rare...
    I got caught at a infinite 5 vs Zarris until the end, a lot of times. I don't even try to win zarris anymore...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    bobmussini wrote: »
    Nice win! Very rare...
    I got caught at a infinite 5 vs Zarris until the end, a lot of times. I don't even try to win zarris anymore...
    Once I got them to G12 became a lot less rare.