Literally PvP

LaLiam
1589 posts Member
edited February 2016
So, a lot of people seem to have strong opinions of how the AI controls their team on the defensive, QGJ-Yoda teams are a great example of this.

My question is what are people's thoughts on a daily/weekly/monthly event where people fight squads controlled by other people not AI, a true online game.

Lets not go into details about how the mechanic will work, just that you'll be playing against a human not AI
{RotE}

Literally PvP 23 votes

This is a great idea- PvP event!
56%
DashboardThomasLyleWillkimm98NaurosAySteezyReyiaSmokeyJoe320Juan123MadThiiingBigG8501Mo_lizaGiranbboi 13 votes
I'm not sure, but I'd be interested to see.
21%
RonTomSupremeArubeLaLiamDooku_for_days 5 votes
This is a horrible concept that will never work.
21%
d3gaussSticare_Courts_0073ZtyleKwynne4444Eightys 5 votes

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Making it a limited time event might solve the possible issue of not enough players currently available for each power bracket. Great idea.
  • Options
    Seems great on paper but there is always going to be that element of RNG. Say two characters have the same speed, coin flip. Now opposing player gets upper hand and takes out your character and now you are at a disadvantage because they won the rng coin flip. To me at least, that doesn't feel like real PvP and not much better than the AI.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    Seems great on paper but there is always going to be that element of RNG. Say two characters have the same speed, coin flip. Now opposing player gets upper hand and takes out your character and now you are at a disadvantage because they won the rng coin flip. To me at least, that doesn't feel like real PvP and not much better than the AI.

Any PvP reduces to RNG when the setup and player skill is equal... Only in case of this game, the player skill element is reduced.
  • Options
    Problem is, no one will be able to drop down the ranks if there is a leaderboard if they are never online looking for a game. Therefore, for it to work, it would have to be friendly matches that count towards nothing but fun, with an unlimited amount of matches allowed. You should be able to play friends if you want, and would be good for trying out different squads with no forfeit. It has potential if done correctly, but could have some major issues.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Problem is, no one will be able to drop down the ranks if there is a leaderboard if they are never online looking for a game. Therefore, for it to work, it would have to be friendly matches that count towards nothing but fun, with an unlimited amount of matches allowed. You should be able to play friends if you want, and would be good for trying out different squads with no forfeit. It has potential if done correctly, but could have some major issues.

Screw leaderboard, just award points for the matches and base the reward on that at the end of the event. Who stays offline, gets nothing. Simple.
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    So, a lot of people seem to have strong opinions of how the AI controls their team on the defensive, QGJ-Yoda teams are a great example of this.

My question is what are people's thoughts on a daily/weekly/monthly event where people fight squads controlled by other people not AI, a true online game.

Lets not go into details about how the mechanic will work, just that you'll be playing against a human not AI

It's a great idea. It requires A LOT of resources on a back-end/infrastructure level. Long story short, it won't happen :(
  • Options
    This is a horrible concept that will never work.
    Nauros wrote: »

Screw leaderboard, just award points for the matches and base the reward on that at the end of the event. Who stays offline, gets nothing. Simple.

Hmm, this would be a fine idea. Another necessary condition would be that you 100% have no idea of what your opponent is playing.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

This is exactly what I think would work,
    {RotE}